Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart (14531 Views)

Sudan Arrests Suspected Killer Of Habibu Almu, Nigerian Diplomat / Hector Jobarteh's Suspected Killer, Ismaila Adeyemi, Arrested (Photos) / Fake Bank Alert: Police Arrest Suspected Kingpin In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Sveen: 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
The police in Bayelsa have arrested one Promise Meshak for the alleged murder of a stalwart of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Andrew June.

The police were also said to have invited 17 persons including a leader of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alex Ekiotenne, in connection with the death.

June was stabbed to death with machetes last Wednesday while returning from Ekeremor town after attending the APC governorship campaign along with others who also suffered various degrees of injuries.

Confirming the arrest on Saturday, the Police Public Relations Officer Bayelsa State Command, Mr. Asinim Butswat, said the prime suspect, Meshak, was apprehended.
He said Meshak, a 23-year-old man, allegedly inflicted the deceased APC member with machete cuts which led to his eventual death.

He, however, said others — either arrested or invited — were for investigation purpose, adding that the public would be kept abreast of the development.

“I can tell you that the prime suspect, Promise Meshak, has been apprehended. If there are other persons arrested in connection with the murder, it is for investigation purpose. Investigation is ongoing,” he stated.

Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, has condemned the killing of June in Oweiggbene community in Ekeremor Local Government Area of the state.

The governor, who said he was deeply moved by the death of the man, called on security agencies in the state to urgently investigate and fish out the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Daniel Iworiso-Markson, the governor also cautioned politicians and their supporters to conduct themselves in a peaceful manner during electioneering.

Meanwhile, the APC has lauded the police for the timely arrest of the suspected murderer and interrogation of other persons in connection with the murder.

This was contained in a statement on Saturday by the Director, Media and Publicity, Sylva-Igiri Campaign Organisation, Nathan Egba.

www.punchng.com/police-arrest-suspected-killer-bayelsa-apc-stalwart/

Cc. Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by lafex: 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
Oya let's political bash start from here

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by madridguy(m): 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
Good work by the Nigeria Police Force. Court straight.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Kuraino: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
good one npf
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by sissylucy(f): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
A 23 year old

can Nigeria ever get better

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by localblood(m): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
Today is an only day...I will nt comment
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by marlockj: 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
Let me ask my Zimbabwean president whether he knows anything abt this

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Trapnews: 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
The poster above me should be arrested too undecided

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by SuPeRq(f): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
M
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by SuPeRq(f): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
N
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by onosprince(m): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
I hope they will stab the idiot also
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by greens(m): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Decapo: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by tola9ja: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
P D P KILLER

P D P KILLER

P D P KILLER

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by sotall(m): 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
ok
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Baruwadele: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
ok.
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Ayomax(m): 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
PDP (known for distortions) so I'm not surprise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Sasuwa(f): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
Pdp again?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by tafabaloo(m): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
Kk
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by laurel03(m): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hope is right criminal
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Kelklein(m): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
[size=22pt]Breaking News....[/size]

18 seater bus carrying 18 passengers from Abuja to makurdi this morning was said to have dropped one passenger at Lafia and it was said that the remaining 17 passengers on board including the driver have arrived makurdi safely...

don't always expect a bad news when you see breaking news

good afternoon!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by tola9ja: 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
marlockj:
Let me ask my Zimbabwean president whether he knows anything abt this

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Toeyoursea(m): 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
Endtime politics CHAI grin

In other news, AUDU Abubakar finally beat Ambo$$ to become the most #andsome Governor lipsrsealed.

I never said Lagos Governor is ugly wink

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by princessdami: 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
Naija
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Sijo01(f): 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
23 years old, a killer! This is a good definition of end time
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
lasisi69 food is here o........stewpppid end time crews
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart by cruzita(f): 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
WHAT THE HELL I MEAN OOPS .23 WHAT **weeping and eating**

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sexual Molestation Claims Of Afaka Students Untrue, Says Parents / How Gunmen Murdered Man For Being An APC Member / EFCC, Army Arrest 120 Suspected Oil Thieves In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.