Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Nairalander Needs Help/advice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalander Needs Help/advice (853 Views)

Gen 6: 1-4, A Baby Christian Needs Help. / PHOTOS: Man With Massive Lump On His Back Needs Help / Saraki On Tiger’s Back Needs Help (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Needs Help/advice by Lanretoye(m): 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
Guys please i need your advice on this issue that is seriously bothering me.
Sometime around November last year i bought a used vehicle from someone i know,i had already paid part of the money before i realized that the vehicle has no custom papers.when i asked for it,he told me he would provide them and i withheld 50k out of the sum pending the time he provides the papers.Anytime he calls for the balance i tell him that the balance will be made available whenever he produces the document.
After one year,he went to report the issue at a police station and i was called to show up at the station. getting to the station,i realized that he had already connived with the police officers.I insisted on paying half of the balance if he cant produce the document.
The issue got to the DPO and after hearing from the complainant,he concluded without hearing my side of the story that i purposely decided not to pay the balance,and said it is either i provide the vehicle or pay the balance,he also said they don't sell used cars with custom papers.
My challenge now is that:
1. if i take the vehicle to the station,they will impound it.
2. i sense they have connived with him that they will charge depreciation and the car must be in perfect condition that it wasn't even in when i bought it,i'm sure they will say one thing or the other when they impound the vehicle just to reduce the value of the vehicle.
3. even if the complainant provides the money,i may not get even half of the money if it gets to the police.
4. They made me sign an undertaken that failure to produce the vehicle on Thursday,i will pay the sum of N100,000.
5. it got to a point when i saw the direction the issue was taking,i asked them to allow me negotiate with the complainant,but they said no i must produce the vehicle. They instigated him also to insist collecting the vehicle because they want the money and the vehicle to come the station.whichever way i will be on the losing end.

Please i need advice on how to go about the issue, as they gave me till Thursday.

Cc: lalasticalala
Re: Nairalander Needs Help/advice by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 23, 2015
OK
Re: Nairalander Needs Help/advice by worldman(m): 1:27am On Nov 23, 2015
Very simple get a lawyer explain the matter just as u have done now it is an agreement btw both of u that u balance him if provide the custom duties plz what state are u and local government let me see what I can do I'm not a lawyer but I can assist u
Re: Nairalander Needs Help/advice by TopHand: 3:55am On Nov 23, 2015
There are a couple of issues that are not clear, why do the police want 100k from you was that the price of the vehicle? becos in your own words your debt is 50k, but you too your own is too much you have been driving the car for 1yr you didnt let custom paper stop you for using the car?. custom papers is used mainly to register the vehicle once you got number plate you dont need it especially if the vehicle is very old and not worth alot of money if anybody disturb you on the road say you lost it in a fire accident, go and settle that guy its been 1yr and u still sitting on his 50k, unfortunately now that police is involved so u have to settle them too, police r useless, dont take the car to the station, remove the alternator, starter motor and a couple of tyre leave it in front of your house if they do come they will lose interest in it,

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Needs Help/advice by Lanretoye(m): 7:29am On Nov 23, 2015
worldman:
Very simple get a lawyer explain the matter just as u have done now it is an agreement btw both of u that u balance him if provide the custom duties plz what state are u and local government let me see what I can do I'm not a lawyer but I can assist u
i am in lagos,alimosho lg.
Re: Nairalander Needs Help/advice by Lanretoye(m): 7:32am On Nov 23, 2015
TopHand:
There are a couple of issues that are not clear, why do the police want 100k from you was that the price of the vehicle? becos in your own words your debt is 50k, but you too your own is too much you have been driving the car for 1yr you didnt let custom paper stop you for using the car?. custom papers is used mainly to register the vehicle once you got number plate you dont need it especially if the vehicle is very old and not worth alot of money if anybody disturb you on the road say you lost it in a fire accident, go and settle that guy its been 1yr and u still sitting on his 50k, unfortunately now that police is involved so u have to settle them too, police r useless, dont take the car to the station, remove the alternator, starter motor and a couple of tyre leave it in front of your house if they do come they will lose interest in it,
okay,thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Pics Of Tecno’s New 5000mah Smartphone With Battery Life Span Of 60hrs / Buhari’s SGF In Trouble For Allegedly Collecting Cash Gift-naij.com / Where Exactly Are We Heading To In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.