Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain (52932 Views)

Is This The Tallest Man In Nigeria? (photo) / Nigerian Emerges Most Powerful Black Man In The United Kingdom / PHOTO: This Is The Tallest Man In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Orikinla(m): 7:44am On Nov 23, 2015
[size=48pt]Ken Olisa is not a Nigerian.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by adconline(m): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2015
I wonder who drew up that list??
Ever head of this man, former CEO of Prudential Plc??
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidjane_Thiam
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2015
CR77:
lipsrsealed
Yes oh, Oluwa bless me too oh. i can't beg oh. let this week be a testimony for my generation.
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2015
Oh Lord please make me more great to Ken Olisa. you has already started though, let me actualize all you've in store for me..... Oghene
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nicepoker(m): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2015
MrJah:
Good to know but this info wunt affect the price of iffan dish here in Calabar
iffan or afang.
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nicepoker(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2015
anonym0us:
I'm not staying in Lagos.so?
he just want to let u. Know that he is staying in lagos.
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2015
Folks from waste be like, Ken Olisa is not a nigerian but Seal, Sade Adu, Dele Alli, Dominic Solanke of chelsea fc are all nigerians.

Waiting for the peckhamboi take on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Ilaje44(m): 8:33am On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:
The queen's black handbag.

Does she plan to rule forever? undecided

Ileke, this queen does NOT rule, she REIGNS. Ruling is left to the politicians as the UK is a CONSTITUTIONAL monarchy. In the days of ABSOLUTISM, you would have been right.

1 Like

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by timkolly: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2015
good to know... but he has to do something back home for us to truly recognize him, cos i don't think he has personally identified himself with us.
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by tuna4servi(m): 8:39am On Nov 23, 2015
Blacks are holding key Roles in abroad, interesting
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by justmenoni: 8:41am On Nov 23, 2015
Nawa ooo so after over 10 years on Nairaland I made Fp today...

Since I don't get paid lol just to tell everyone dat hardwork sure pays..I was actually on various news site trying to refresh the happenings in Europe when this news pop up and I tot I had share it with everyone at least to me this is better than tortoise in d toilet, adaeze yobos mum is putting on jeans Pant etc.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 23, 2015
ishowdotgmail:
. tongue.
lol guy no well i swear
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by mirabel001(f): 8:46am On Nov 23, 2015
yoruba ppl wil nt lik dis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by cap28: 9:02am On Nov 23, 2015
What has he done to improve the plight of black people in the uk? He is just a 21st century slave , bowing and scraping before his slave masters. They still see him as inferior to them irrespective of all the titles they confer on him. You can never be a king in another man's house.

1 Like

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by kernel501: 9:03am On Nov 23, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Only a Nigerian by name... a briton at heart

KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF, THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR, LET IT HURT.
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 23, 2015
cool...
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by davmore750(m): 9:14am On Nov 23, 2015
I wish he is Nnamdi Kalu, Biafra will be in our hand soon.
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by lastpage: 9:32am On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:
The queen's black handbag.

Does she plan to rule forever? undecided

U dey crase! grin grin

Looking at that picture, l cant see ANYTHING "Blackman" in that person mentioned! shocked shocked angry angry

Lastpage!
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by obstead200(m): 9:34am On Nov 23, 2015
Taiden:
Simply put, he is an ABOBAKU. grin
wicked comment.
but very funny
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by obstead200(m): 9:35am On Nov 23, 2015
cap28:
What has he done to improve the plight of black people in the uk? He is just a 21st century slave , bowing and scraping before his slave masters. They still see him as inferior to them irrespective of all the titles they confer on him. You can never be a king in another man's house.
sadly, dis could also be the truth
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by wiseoneking: 9:54am On Nov 23, 2015
dominique:
He only bears a Nigerian name. I doubt if he has ever set foot on his father land before.
Honestly this not nigerian name but pure biafran dude. he is igbo i think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by redsun(m): 9:58am On Nov 23, 2015
He is British. There is nothing Nigerian about him except his last name.
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by wiseoneking: 10:01am On Nov 23, 2015
ePlanet:

sure a pity.

our sons building the lands of others and Nigeria is left almost in ruins!

even in the ruins, bomb still blows away the little hope there is for this wondering man

many nights drenched to the very core of his marrow

crossed and tossed by the raging seas

watched ashore , unsure where to shop next

but he would find the light again! this land of mine

for he is blessed with an unbreakable spirit
though the weight of his wayward sons weighs him down
he wud purge off, plunge on
all hail d motherland
dressed in the beauty of a thousand queens
here to reign
here to rule
here to stay!
Thou lion of africa
Wade on

Penned by Eplanet
sorry, he is not a nigerian but a biafran. May be he is waiting for that country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by babyfaceafrica: 10:08am On Nov 23, 2015
kernel501:

KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF, THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR, LET IT HURT.
what's the message..enlighten me
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by cap28: 10:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Just found out that his nigerian father abandoned him and his white mother and went back to nigeria when he was a baby. He has never been to nigeria and has no relationship with his father, which makes him Nigerian in name only. He is also married to a white woman that he met when they were both students at Cambridge university.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2015
I don't know about Biafra but he is an Igbo-Nigerian. Check this out I curled from Wikipedia....

Kenneth "Ken" Olisa, OBE, FRSA, FBCS (born 1951) is a British businessman and the first black Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London.

Ken Olisa,
born in 1951 of a Nigerian father and a British mother, and a native of Nottingham, Olisa's technology career commenced in the 1970s at IBM after he won a scholarship while an undergraduate at Cambridge University, where he studied Natural Sciences and then Social, Political and Management Sciences at Fitzwilliam College.[2] At IBM he held various posts before joining Wang Laboratories in 1981. Following a period as Marketing Director for Europe, VP of US Marketing and then of Worldwide Marketing based in Boston, he was appointed Senior VP and General Manager of Europe, Africa and the Middle East (EAME) located in Brussels. He led the team which restored the EAME operation to profitability, following which he launched an unsuccessful MBO resulting in his departure in 1992.
Re: Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Shymm3x: 10:29am On Nov 23, 2015
Salute to Ken Olisa for winning that title.

But he's a double coconut and coconut juice in one. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Beautiful Child Beggars In Calabar Go Viral / Sensei Uche's Car Stops Danfo From Falling Off 3rd Mainland Bridge / Man Sees His Own ‘obituary’ Announcement In Edo (pic And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.