Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,898 members, 7,844,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Christians In The Workplace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians In The Workplace (288 Views)

Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) / Why Are Christians Such Liars? / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christians In The Workplace by yommyuk: 9:09am On Nov 23, 2015
The gospel’s effectiveness is greatly hindered by Christians who act differently at church than they do elsewhere. The way we live for God should permeate all areas of life. The workplace is no exception.

Our behaviour reflects our faith. So if we claim to be Christians, then our co-workers will equate our attitudes and actions with Jesus. Do those around you at the work see a positive reflection of God in your work ethic?

We should view ourselves as servants and be willing to put the needs of others before our own. Next, our true boss is Christ; therefore, we work diligently and with integrity, knowing that our reward is from Him (Col. 3:23). Then, since all authority on earth is God-given (Rom. 13:1), we should obey our superiors gladly—unless, of course, our human bosses tell us to do something that goes against Scripture. And finally, all those we work with and for have worth from the Creator, so we should treat them with respect (1 John 4:7-cool.

Think about the Golden Rule—do unto others as you’d have others do unto you—and how it applies here. Putting it a different way, imagine yourself as the boss and ask, How would I like my employees to work, whether I was watching or not?

We are to work as though God is our boss. That means doing tasks with joy, a servant attitude, respect for others, diligence, and obedience. Imagine what the workplace could be if all believers approached their jobs this way.

Colossians 3:23
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,"

Proverbs 13:4
"The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied."

Philippians 2:14-15
"Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,"

1 Corinthians 10:31
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Just Moderately Interested In Driving / Square Kilometers 27000 Square Miles / Important Knowledge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.