Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos (17525 Views)

Dangote Donates N250 Million To 25000 Muslim Women In Minna Niger State / The 7 Richest Women In Nigeria In 2018 - Tushmagazine / LAPO Microfinance Bank Is A Devilish Loan Shark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Luckki1001(m): 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
But wait ooo... it seems my calculator no dey work again tongue Let's assume that the 200 women each saved N7,500, which comes to N1.5m, or each saved N15,000, which comes to N3m or each saves N21,000, bringing the sum total to N4.2m. Biko, what exactly is the point of this scam? The scammers no even try sef. I pray that the sweat of these hard-working women, our mothers, will bring the oloshos to justice. Awon oniranu omo ale jati jati. This is the time for the Nigerian Police to give themselves sense and do the needful. And ASAP, for that matter.

NB: I am not angry because of the sum total involved ooo,, just angry that some people will sit somewhere and scheme how to rob our hardworking mothers of their money. Mothers who will sit in the sun trying to make ends meet to feed their children embarassed God will judge those scammers. Microfinance kor, microorganism ni. angry

5 Likes

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by missKiffy(f): 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
Davidson267:
Hit like if u didn't read the whole story
Small story like that and you didnt finish reading
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by phemflex90(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
I like my country " FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SCAMMER "
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Davidson267(m): 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
missKiffy:
Small story like that and you didnt finish reading
I can summarize for you
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by NaijaProxyBase: 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
Na wa ooo. Why market women who labour inside the sun 24/7. Whitey still dey pay na.
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by kingthreat(m): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
Microfinance scam
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by deolu2000(m): 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
Apparently the said micro-finance bank could not get the loan they also may have hoped for from their banker(usually a commercial bank),and could no longer run the cost of the business geninuely, another reason could be that they meant evil from the get go.God knows and am sure the case will be unraveled soonest.

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Eddygourdo(m): 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
chimkaire:
...Methinks, they shouldn't have left when they did grin cool
exactly, it wasn't well thought out asides their desire to prove to the black man that he truly an inferior being. TUFIAKWA

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
Luckki1001:
But wait ooo... it seems my calculator no dey work again tongue Let's assume that the 200 women each saved N7,500, which comes to N1.5m, or each saved N15,000, which comes to N3m or each saves N21,000, bringing the sum total to N4.2m. Biko, what exactly is the point of this scam? The scammers no even try sef. I pray that the sweat of these hard-working women, our mothers, will bring the oloshos to justice. Awon oniranu omo ale jati jati. This is the time for the Nigerian Police to give themselves sense and do the needful. And ASAP, for that matter.

NB: I am not angry because of the sum total involved ooo,, just angry that some people will sit somewhere and scheme how to rob our hardworking mothers of their money. Mothers who will sit in the sun trying to make ends meet to feed their children embarassed God will judge those scammers. Microfinance kor, microorganism ni. angry

From what people are saying here it seems they perpetrated this scam in multiple locations. If it's the same mastermind they might have creamed off quite a tidy sum.

It's open season on Nigerians as far as scam is concerned. Banks, telecomms companies and even the government are defrauding the private citizen at will.

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by call4shola(m): 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
Guy u got me laughing so hard. grin grin grin grin grin

richidinho:
grin

this happens every DECEMBER, and people will never learn

microfinance ko...... microorganism ni

i better dig ground and bury my hard earned dollar
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by ibkgab001: 12:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
if the investigation is done i know the tribe that is capable of doing such thing to our market women and i know God will catch them soon
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by olaezebala: 12:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
This is bad journalism. Do they know the cbn procedure to even get licence for a microfinance bank? Please give name of the said mircofinance bank so we can check it up with cbn.

That a slowpoke sat in a 3 room apartment and call it whatever name with microfinance bank extension does not make it so. No microfinance bank will ask for 15k deposit to take 100k. That's money doubling. If your salary/cash inflow to your account can't stand your loan repayments and you don't have enough deposits (cash back) that a microfinance bank can fall back to , no microfinance will give you loan.

whatever operates in that location that defraud those innocent women is not a microfinance bank and should never be regarded as one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by ogbe2K3(m): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by charlsecy(m): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
ritababe:
Other market women that want easy/fast money should learn from this.
Getting a loan is fast money?
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
Some of them are following up the news on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by ritababe(f): 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
charlsecy:

Getting a loan is fast money?

what do u call it? Money without stress
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Intendy: 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
scam. everywhere you go

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
They used women to lure unsuspecting women to part with cash.
Hmm a lesson to shine the eyes and be wary of thieves in suit.

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by caroGfcc: 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
Poor market women, my God have mercy
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Panter215: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
emamos:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/23/microfinance-bank-defrauds-over-200-market-women-in-lagos/
cc:lalasticlala
How will a bank operate for 3months in the open and it is a fraud? Who is monitoring micro finance banks in Nigeria? Are we so lawless?

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by omerah86(m): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
Endtime banks n staffs
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Ugosample(m): 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
And you wonder why many Nigerians don't trust the financial institutions... The regulatory bodies in charge of preventing this fraud has gone to sleep. sad

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by orijodeals: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
true talk
Eddygourdo:
Naija people and dishonesty. If I were European I will colonize Africa again. Bunch of theives everywhere you go, just like mtn

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by tuna4servi(m): 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
End time micro finance bank
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by jazinogold(m): 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
same happened at Ibeshe Ikorodu...person sell okada..tipper, use pikin school fees money, even d landlord add money join d rent d bank paid n deposited 500k! if you see drama DAT day! I laff taya
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
100k loan for 15k deposit grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Abee79(m): 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
Those affected should quickly forward a petition to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC). They will get their money back. Crooks should not be allowed to profit from their fraud

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by ifedayoifedapo(f): 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
Microfinance banks are regulated by cbn and cannot just vanish like that. Particulars of owners are with cbn. Those ones are fake and this is why routine checks on various lenders should be taken serious by the government and people in the vicinity. Why is the name of the Microfinance bank not mentioned? Because it is not a Microfinance Bank but the market women believe anybody coming to them for deposit is from a microfinance bank.

Its likely to be a fake savings & credit scheme.

These market women sometimes wont just learn from experience. They will do that again and again because they want money by all means. May be i should call this greediness. When they see a place newly opened and asking them to make a deposit for 3 months and come for triple, they jump at it.

free2ryhme:
Microfinance banks are always in the habit of collecting " ajo" from these market traders and end up not fulfilling their own side of the promise

they are worst than thieves angry

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
419 banks...

1 Like

Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by lumeneng22: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
WOMEN in oil bank agriculture fishing etc etc shior
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by sanbells(f): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos by sanbells(f): 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
This is a very familiar case n I wonder why people still fall for this fraudsters claiming "microfinance bank". Invest your money in a government approved microfinance bank which your very sure of. Not just people who come from no where, rent a two bedroom flat, n start asking you to invest your hard earned money there... I don't blame them though. It's illiteracy dah caused it coz I've noticed it's usually market women. You can't do dat to an educated fellow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Now N166 To $1. Can Someone Tell Me What Is Happening? / Data Shows CBN Not Defending Naira With FX Reserves - Businessday / Naira Appreciates As Manufacturers Lament Forex Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.