Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,338 members, 7,867,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:12 AM

An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone (778 Views)

SHAME!!! See What Abia Gov’s CPS, Adindu Was Allegedly Caught Doing (photos) / Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity / Fraudsters Clone Gov's Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone by jona2: 4:45pm On May 23, 2009
Fraudsters clone Gov's phone   
Written by Anayo Okoli     
Friday, 22 May 2009 

UMUAHIA — GOVERNOR Theodore Orji of Abia State has petitioned the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, over the cloning and use of his telephone line by unknown persons to dupe unsuspecting Nigerians.
According to the governor, the development was a source embarrassment to him as the fraudsters claim to be the

GOVERNOR Theodore Orji of Abia Stategovernor while extorting money from unsuspecting members of the public.

In the letter dated May 20, 2009, entitled “Blocking and Fraudulent Use of My MTN line”, and personally signed by the governor, he urged the Police chief to investigate the matter with the aim of bringing the culprits to book.
The letter reads:

“I write to draw your attention to a case of fraudulent blocking and usurpation of my MTN GSM phone number and its subsequent deployment for criminal use.

“[b]For about a week now, starting from May 11, 2009, I noticed that my MTN number 07037723390 was blocked, as I was unable to make or receive calls on it. Thinking it was a network problem, I ignored it and used my other phones for my communication.

“To my utter shock and consternation, I have realized that an unknown individual is using that same line to extort money from government officials, contractors, friends, politicians and my associates whose phone numbers were stored on my SIM card.

“As I write this, unknown fictitious people are making and receiving calls on my line, giving the impression that it is I who is using the said line. The usurpers of my line have gone ahead to send text messages to people, posing as me, coercing them to pay in huge sums of money into bank accounts for diverse reasons. Some people have already fallen prey to those antics.

“I make this report to compel a thorough investigation into the circumstances leading to the blocking and cloning of my line and to put it on record that even though the number belongs to me, I have not been in control of the use it has been put to in the last two weeks.

“It is my desire that this matter be brought to an expeditious conclusion to avoid embarrassments to me and financial losses to my friends and associates”, the governor said in the letter.

Vanguard gathered that many highly-placed individuals have fallen victim of the trend in the recent past, as fraudsters, using the contacts of ministers, governors, ex-governors, industry captains and other society bigwigs, have swindled people of their money.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36398&Itemid=42
Re: An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone by yousouph(m): 4:51pm On May 23, 2009
@poster. The suspect is unknown yet but you have term him/her an igbo. Stop tribalistic thread
Re: An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone by SapeleGuy: 4:51pm On May 23, 2009
Grow up !!! Why don't you stop this tribalist posting? What do you aim to achieve? Why the need to doctor the headline?
Re: An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone by biina: 4:56pm On May 23, 2009
Re: An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone by desgiezd(m): 5:24pm On May 23, 2009
@ Poster

Where exactly in the story was the tribe of the fraudster mentioned? Must we always "tribalise" everything? This same story was posted by Moneygurl in another thread and as at this moment it has recorded 43 comments with 1,096 views while this thread which was opened 75minutes before that of Moneygurl has only 4 comments and 23 views. I guess the tribalistic title of this thread appeared to have made it unworthy to be associated with.
Re: An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone by Afaukwu: 5:27pm On May 23, 2009
This*Jona knave will certainly suffocate in the phlegm of Igbo hatred. No one can save him from an impending self destruction
Re: An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 23, 2009
folks the reason this guy has so many threads like this is because people respond to them

I think the best thing is to ignore all tribal threads and hope that initiators of such thread grow fat or have their lives improved
Re: An Igbo Fraudsters Clone Abia Gov's Phone by JJYOU: 5:47pm On May 23, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Grow up !!! Why don't you stop this tribalist posting? What do you aim to achieve? Why the need to doctor the headline?
he probably went to mosque yesterday or going church tomorrow.  tribalist

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria / Online Scams: Time For Efcc To Correctly Identify Victims As Criminals / This Is Nigeria! What Corruption Has Turned Me Into.how Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.