Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub (904 Views)

Confusion As GEJ Builds Trust On Asari Dokub To Fight B'haram-nigerian Military. / Yar’adua : I Owe Public No Explanation – Oyedepo / At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by CyberG: 3:01am On May 24, 2009
War in the Creeks: Military attack premeditated — Dokubo Asari

. . .It is our legitimate rights to take it, when you meet him and you try to tell him there is a need for us , he would say I just spoke to Yar’Adua, I just spoke to Jonathan, I just spoke to Uduaghan, I just spoke to Timipre Sylva , there is a need for us to find peaceful solution to this problem, it is not every time we will fight even though we have guns, we can just use it to make them to listen to us, but, we can’t fight all-out war. . .

See the whole story, an interesting read!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36445&Itemid=48
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by stesim30: 6:35am On May 24, 2009
The only thing that will solve the niger delta issue is all the southern nigeria to come together.despite this the notherner's will continue playing their dominance over the sountherer's. for how long now would they kill the innocent deltan's,is it bad for them to have the resources that feed us all. why should it be notherner's filling the high posts in the oil sectors.
once it's the on south easterner's and they pay heavy price, no one is on their rescue
today it's south south killings and no one is helping
tomorrow maybe the turn of south west turn.
is there anyone in the house read the hand writings on the wall before it will be too late.
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by Nobody: 8:22am On May 24, 2009
time and time again the President has been proved to be in the habit of saying so many things to different people

I dont know if it is cowardice or juvenile dishonesty

this was how Tinubu came out swinging during the Ekiti saga and accusing Okiro and Akunyili of not getting their briefs right . . . well I believe after the elections in Ido/osi LGA it became clear who got their brief right

the same president told Ribadu to leave his situation in God's hands . . . he also told the Nation "nothing in further from the truth" when asked to clarify his stannce on whether EFCC need AGF permission to prosecute the corrupt . . . . well we now know better

if Asari Dokubu is taking what Yar'adua is saying seriously . . . . . the I can only ask him where he has been

President Yar'adua is a chronic liar not man enough to say things like they are
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by biina: 8:43am On May 24, 2009
mikeansy:

time and time again the President has been proved to be in the habit of saying so many things to different people

I dont know if it is cowardice or juvenile dishonesty

this was how Tinubu came out swinging during the Ekiti saga and accusing Okiro and Akunyili of not getting their briefs right . . . well I believe after the elections in Ido/osi LGA it became clear who got their brief right

the same president told Ribadu to leave his situation in God's hands . . . he also told the Nation "nothing in further from the truth" when asked to clarify his stannce on whether EFCC need AGF permission to prosecute the corrupt . . . . well we now know better

if Asari Dokubu is taking what Yar'adua is saying seriously . . . . . the I can only ask him where he has been

President Yar'adua is a chronic liar not man enough to say things like they are
You obviously did not read the article. Yaradua did not make the statement. Those statements were made by dokubo himself and some he attributed to Tompolo.

Like most NL thread starters, the OP engaged in sensationalism to attract posters to his thread and you fell for it
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by CyberG: 1:00pm On May 24, 2009
biina:

You obviously did not read the article. Yaradua did not make the statement. Those statements were made by dokubo himself and some he attributed to Tompolo.

Like most NL thread starters, the OP engaged in sensationalism to attract posters to his thread and you fell for it

@Biina. . .

Apparently, you fancy yourself as being able to decide who read this article and who did not, and that this was supposed to be some attention-seeking or controversial post, which of course, is not. If anyone doesn't understand the article, it may have been you because:

1. The thread topic is essentially from the actual interview itself and not from my personal inference and Dokubo stated that Yar'adua talked to the man he attacked. So, it is wrong to say the post is sensational, get an understanding of the entire interview. . .no one is falling for anything here because there is nothing to fall for!

2. Neither you nor I were privy to the events mentioned here and the interviewee (Dokubo) employed "reported speech" by putting out the things he was told by Tompolo. The statements he made in this interview are not a "secret" and he did not say them quietly in his room, so if Yar'adua or his agents have a defence to make against these allegations, why not wait for them to man-up and make their defense?
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by biina: 5:45pm On May 24, 2009
CyberG:

@Biina. . .

Apparently, you fancy yourself as being able to decide who read this article and who did not, and that this was supposed to be some attention-seeking or controversial post, which of course, is not. If anyone doesn't understand the article, it may have been you because:

1. The thread topic is essentially from the actual interview itself and not from my personal inference and Dokubo stated that Yar'adua talked to the man he attacked. So, it is wrong to say the post is sensational, get an understanding of the entire interview. . .no one is falling for anything here because there is nothing to fall for!

2. Neither you nor I were privy to the events mentioned here and the interviewee (Dokubo) employed "reported speech" by putting out the things he was told by Tompolo. The statements he made in this interview are not a "secret" and he did not say them quietly in his room, so if Yar'adua or his agents have a defence to make against these allegations, why not wait for them to man-up and make their defense?

For your information, I read the entire article.

The phrase 'Yaradua talked to MEND' was not from the article. There were no comments specifically attributed to Yardua in the article. You cropped the phrase by dokubo and inserted it in a different context. Dokubo stated that Tompolo said that he spoke to people in the government including Yaradua and Jonathan

The actual excerpts are
Unlike us, who say look, the land and the resources belong to us and we must take it. It is our legitimate rights to take it, when you meet him and you try to tell him there is a need for us ,  he would say I just spoke to Yar’Adua, I just spoke to Jonathan, I just spoke to Uduaghan, I just spoke to Timipre Sylva , there is a need for us to find peaceful solution to this problem, it is not every time we will fight even though we have guns, we can just use it to make them to listen to us, but, we can’t fight all-out war. That is the very reason in all these attacks, he has not fought back, as is expected. If it were when they were fighting us, they knew that they met their match and we fought them but this spirit of you know, we can’t fight the Federal Government pervades him

I have nothing to appeal to them, I have no power to appeal to them, they have made their decision, but, for Yar’Adua, I say he should search his conscience. For every action, there is equal and opposite reaction. This fire they have kindled, who it will consume, they don’t know. Let them not be basking in the euphoria of their momentary victory, the battle is still is just starting, the end of which we don’t know, that is my advice.

You thread title gives the wrong impression. Why didn't you use the tiltle of the article as the thread title: War in the Creeks: Military attack premeditated — Dokubo Asari ? undecided
You represented the facts of the article in controversial terms, that is simply sensationalism.
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by CyberG: 8:25pm On May 24, 2009
@Biina. . .

Setting-up another unnecessary, unprofitable back-and-forth argument? I am not interested in being drawn into a time-wasting banter but it is clear to anyone with the ability to reason that Dokubo was "reporting" an exchange and he is saying it LOUD: Yar'adua and the others listed talked to MEND. If you are their spokesman and defender, that is your cup of tea but I need no consultation / advise from you to make a thread or choose its topic. Do not distract the thread with your grand-standing, I-big-pass-you and over-sabi arguments.
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by biina: 9:48pm On May 24, 2009
CyberG:

@Biina. . .

Setting-up another unnecessary, unprofitable back-and-forth argument? I am not interested in being drawn into a time-wasting banter but it is clear to anyone with the ability to reason that Dokubo was "reporting" an exchange and he is saying it LOUD: Yar'adua and the others listed talked to MEND. If you are their spokesman and defender, that is your cup of tea but I need no consultation / advise from you to make a thread or choose its topic. Do not distract the thread with your grand-standing, I-big-pass-you and over-sabi arguments.
Its not an argument. Your title is misleading
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by Renz(m): 2:07pm On May 25, 2009
At ease guys, stay focused.
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by jimmysho(m): 3:18pm On May 25, 2009
@ Biina,

[b]My dear biina,

It is not a news that leaders of nation speak to those disturbing or derailing their "progress"

That is the way it works all over the world.

They( leaders) may not speak directly but through the agent known to both parties ( govt and militants)

So, it is not out of place that yaradua spoke with militants

@topic

Let him fulfill his promises to this boys and stop fooling the whole nation
[/b]
Re: Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub by Renz(m): 5:14pm On May 25, 2009
@ Jimmysho,

Him neva fulfill item 1 on the seven point agenda whereby fooling the entire nation, not to talk of the boys demand.

(1) (Reply)

Lastma On Rampage, Be Warned / Why We Love Nigeria So Much - By The Nigerians A.ka. Nigerians At Home! / 2 Pupils Kidnapped As Crime Rebounds In Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.