Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,552 members, 7,865,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

Ps3 Cell Faster Than Core I7 965 Xe - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ps3 Cell Faster Than Core I7 965 Xe (607 Views)

I Need Help Installed Apex On Oracle Xe, Help Anyone. / How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? / Send Sms From Your Gmail Account To Any Cell Phone Anywhere! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ps3 Cell Faster Than Core I7 965 Xe by kosovo(m): 6:59am On May 24, 2009
H.264 video: New Playstation 3 codec uses for transcoding

A novel transcoding tool Fixstars allows for the conversion of video material on the Full HD format, with the help of a Playstation 3 in real time.

The conversion of video footage in Full HD movies at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 provides current desktop CPUs with a lengthy task. This allows the transcoding of a movie sometimes half a day.

Now put Linux Developer Fixstars a video converter called Codecsys CE-10, which was to encode movies into MPEG-4-AVC format (H.265) The Cell processor uses a Playstation 3 - this format will be predominantly on Blu-Ray media or IP-TV via video-stream uses. The CE-10-encoder sends out from a Windows PC, the output data via Ethernet to the console, which finished the encoded data back to the PC sends back.

According to the announcement of Fixstars reached the Cell processor of the Playstation a performance of 29 FPS, that is 1.2 times real-time conversion - the cell has a similar performance as the CUDA Badaboom encoder in combination with an Nvidia Geforce GTX-285. By comparison, Intel's current top-CPU, the Core i7 965 XE, does it still at 18 FPS - normal desktop CPUs even create only about 5 FPS.
[url=http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.consolewars.de%2Fuserpages%2Fviewentry.php%3Fbid%3D34054&sl=de&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8] Click here[/url] for more

(1) (Reply)

Working Around My Isp Firewall? / My Predicament :toshiba , Hp Or Dell: / Acer's Android/xp Dual Boot Netbook Out Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.