Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,371 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (178605 Views)

Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by tall2ce(m): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2016
TappGroupNG:

Since I've been using my tecno phone, ive never had this issue
because you are rampant on Tecno threads
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 17, 2016
Babysho:
Is there anyone else having issues with their Gionee Splus charging speed. I charge for 27hours to get 90%....
We are in the same boat...
Although , I went to their customer care and had the USB changed , it started charging fine till a month after..I went back this past Saturday and still got a new one .worked fine up on till this morning ...

I'm done..going to get a universal charger(desktop).
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2016
Xxpress:
I also met someone at their office with the same complaint wen i took mine there
you are not alone in this charging problem .....I'm on to my 3rd cord...got a new one this past Saturday , worked very well until this morning .

I'm just soo tired . I'm getting a universal charger (desktop) and probably a second battery. there's no money to get a new phone in this recent economy and I don't think I can sell it /someone will buy it with this fault its having.
the phone is still intact..screen and all .
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Xxpress(m): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
Youcharia:

you are not alone in this charging problem .....I'm on to my 3rd cord...got a new one this past Saturday , worked very well until this morning .

I'm just soo tired . I'm getting a universal charger (desktop) and probably a second battery. there's no money to get a new phone in this recent economy and I don't think I can sell it /someone will buy it with this fault its having.
the phone is still intact..screen and all .
I will advice u get a small phone u can use and take the phone to their customer care center because dats the same way my own started before it finally stopped charging. even if u get anoda battery will not solve the problem.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
TappGroupNG:

Since I've been using my tecno phone, ive never had this issue

You know sometimes everything has its own different fault side, gionee didn't make the S plus cable( male side ) strong like other phones. I bought two new USB type c cable today,which I think were not made purposely for S Plus, at their office and surprisingly they charged the phone very fast which we thought has port problem . I guess only Gionee office can give u such cable. cos we tried different cable from different market, all the same. the pic below ::::

Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Babysho(m): 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
Youcharia:

We are in the same boat...
Although , I went to their customer care and had the USB changed , it started charging fine till a month after..I went back this past Saturday and still got a new one .worked fine up on till this morning ...

I'm done...going to get a universal charger (desktop)

Bro, I've decided to get my own personal boat by getting an Iphone or at least Samsung.

Gionee Splus durability wasn't tested b4 marketing the phone.

By the way, what do you mean by the bolded "Universal Charger"?
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Xxpress(m): 9:42am On Oct 20, 2016
Deeni131:

You know sometimes everything has its own different fault side, gionee didn't make the S plus cable( male side ) strong like other phones. I bought two new USB type c cable today,which I think were not made purposely for S Plus, at their office and surprisingly they charged the phone very fast which we thought has port problem . I guess only Gionee office can give u such cable. cos we tried different cable from different market, all the same. the pic below ::::
Wait ooooo, u said u bought that cord in the pix from gionee office cos have also bought two different cables from their office, though not like that one in the pic but they don't last as well. My phone has been with them for some weeks now.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2016
Xxpress:

Wait ooooo, u said u bought that cord in the pix from gionee office cos have also bought two different cables from their office, though not like that one in the pic but they don't last as well. My phone has been with them for some weeks now.
All type C are available, get the original type C charger
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Xxpress:

OK. may be I'm lucky to get this type. it amusingly charged my phone very fast with 1.0a adapter that I uses in my car as u can see in pic I sent. May be is too early to recommend the cable as its only 3days now but actually it works well for now.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
Xxpress:

OK. may be I'm lucky to get this type. it amusingly charged my phone very fast with 1.0a adapter that I uses in my car as u have seen in the pic I sent. May be is too early to recommend the cable as its only 3days now but actually it works well for now.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
Xxpress:

Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Xxpress(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
Deeni131:

OK. may be I'm lucky to get this type. it amusingly charged my phone very fast with 1.0a adapter that I uses in my car as u can see in pic I sent. May be is too early to recommend the cable as its only 3days now but actually it works well for now.
AM going to their office to collect my phone
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
Xxpress:
AM going to their office to collect my phone

good luck
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
Babysho:

Bro, I've decided to get my own personal boat by getting an Iphone or at least Samsung.

Gionee Splus durability wasn't tested b4 marketing the phone.

By the way, what do you mean by the bolded "Universal Charger"?
I'm a Sis....

Universal charger /desktop as its fondly called is the one with multiple light that charges only phone battery

you'll have to bring out the battery of the phone and use the desktop to charge ...

buh , I've gotten a solution to my charger tho...and I can't describe it here cos its complicated ....I'll have to call you to explain it.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
Youcharia:

I'm a Sis....

Universal charger /desktop as its fondly called is the one with multiple light that charges only phone battery

you'll have to bring out the battery of the phone and use the desktop to charge ...

buh , I've gotten a solution to my charger tho...and I can't describe it here cos its complicated ....I'll have to call you to explain it.
Are using desktop charger? i dont get you
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Babysho(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
Youcharia:

I'm a Sis....

Okay. I know a universal charger but people say universal charger is bad for the battery. I'm going to their office tomrw tho cos the phones has got so much issues. The battery,charging port also the power button...Lemme hia what they wanto say first...
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
Babysho:

Okay. I know a universal charger but people say universal charger is bad for the battery. I'm going to their office tomrw tho cos the phones has got so much issues. The battery,charging port also the power button...Lemme hia what they wanto say first...
its better you take it, it would be solved
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
Babysho:

its better you take it there, it would be solved
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Xxpress(m): 5:52am On Oct 22, 2016
Youcharia:

I'm a Sis....

why can't you share the knowledge here so dat we can all learn from u.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by tall2ce(m): 7:17am On Oct 22, 2016
Xxpress:
I wonder ooo
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 1:52am On Oct 23, 2016
I'm desperately looking for ur advice ,especially those that have rooted their S plus, cuz I wanna root mine. is rooting cool for S Plus? does it misbehave ? is it harmless for the phone to return to stock rom? which custom rom good for the phone? pls is urgent.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 1:58am On Oct 23, 2016
wheezyoung:
How do i root biko Rooting is life

did u root it? how is rooting like on S plus?
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 2:30am On Oct 23, 2016
Tosyno51:
I tried to perform an OTA system update for my lollipop OS, but after downloading the update. The phone reboots and starts the installation. But midway, an error sign pops up. What can I do to successfully update it?
Note: I gave unrooted it and restored my imei to default.

pls bro. is gionee S plus perform well after rooting or u experience misbehaving ?
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 23, 2016
Xxpress:
I'm pretty sure you can read..

I said its not something I can type ....wouldn't make sense if I type it ...I'll have to call and describe it to the person on the other side of the line...(and that person will have to be with his charger so that as I explain, he'll work on it.)
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Xxpress(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2016
Youcharia:

I'm pretty sure you can read..

I said its not something I can type ....wouldn't make sense if I type it ...I'll have to call and describe it to the person on the other side of the line...(and that person will have to be with his charger so that as I explain, he'll work on it.)
OK, can u drop ur number so dat I can call u
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Tosyno51(m): 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2016
Deeni131:

pls bro. is gionee S plus perform well after rooting or u experience misbehaving ?

No oh, still the same ish

Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by wheezyoung(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
Deeni131:

did u root it? how is rooting like on S plus?
dope grin
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by tall2ce(m): 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
fairly used Splus for sale in bulk. contact me tall2ce@gmail.com
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
wheezyoung:
dope grin
u mean u dump?
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 6:58am On Oct 24, 2016
tall2ce:
fairly used Splus for sale in bulk. contact me tall2ce@gmail.com
How much?
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by puyol5: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2016
Deeni131:

u mean u dump?

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (107) (Reply)

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.