Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,298 members, 7,811,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! (893 Views)

I Wish To Be A Good Webmaster / A Good Webmaster That Can Design A Site Like Soccermanager.com / Qualities Of A Good Webmaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by segsalerty(m): 2:54pm On May 24, 2009
i've noticed alot on this forum and i havent found such on other international / forieng foums , why should a webmaster come up here and post website he did by editing templates, using CMS , Joomla and other stuffs like that, i am fed up ooo ! isnt that a lazy hail ? being proud of something they didnt do , , what made it up and so on , all they show here is shoulder up ! telling us "see what i've just done" ,
comments needed before i saay the rest of my mind over this issue
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by DualCore1: 7:50pm On May 24, 2009
dude are u crazy or what? so because a site was done with a CMS like joomla, someone cant come up with such sites as his sites? why were those frigin frameworks made then? u think just cuz a person uses frameworks he is a noob? wht kinda retarded thinking is forming a loop in ur brain? u always complain about everything pipz do in here dont  u think u shld just get the heck off?
what the heck do u know about object oriented approach and reusability.
its damned pipz like u who think its always best to reinvent the crazy wheel.

gosh u're so gosh in ur thinking! Change man! i'll keep saying tht until it sticks into ur head or u run away from here.

why dont u try building ur own operating system? why do u have windows or linux installed and call it YOUR computer. dont u think, from ur very stupid point of view, that you shouldnt be calling that computer YOURS, since u didnt build the OS its running on? tshew!
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by samen: 8:24am On May 25, 2009
I think Segsalerty has a point
why should a webmaster come up here and post website he did by editing templates, using CMS , Joomla and other stuffs like that
. A really Developer and Designer should be able to conceive something on its own and be proud.

Dual Core I think you should be able to debate arguments and not turn it to a battle. Hold your temper chairmen. You sound like you are a victim of the debate Segsalerty raised.

Dont worry about my profile, its on your mind to ask me what i've done. Am a newbie.

Peace be still in Nairaland.
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by DualCore1: 8:35am On May 25, 2009
Samen, i don't need to see what you have done. You can go through my over 3000 posts if u have the time and see if i have ever asked anyone to post his portfolio or projects here.

Pray tell, what's the point he is making? That it is wrong for someone to say a site is his cuz it was built with a boiler plate template or with a framework?

Get this straight, Segsalerty is not looking for a debate. if u've stayed here long enough u'll know wht he's looking for.

A really Developer and Designer should be able to conceive something on its own and be proud.
so wht are u saying? we should all say NO to CMS? or we should write our CMS from scratch?

Further reading might help you two. Google the following
Object Oriented Programming
Software Development Life-cycle
Code Reusability.

i'm thrown aback by what i'm seeing coming out of some "webmasters" in this country.
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by samen: 12:37pm On May 25, 2009
Dual Core think! Define Creativity! What do you call yourself a Developer or a Designer? Where do you belong? 3000 post doesn't make you what you are?

Understand something CMS is good I use it alot but it doesn't give a feeling "I did that".
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by segsalerty(m): 3:12pm On May 25, 2009
na wa oooo, @dual core , na me you come go crazy of like that,
well, this is just a debate , i dont care what you use to design/develop your job ,
well, since you got me wrong , na wa for you !
go to hell !
later webmasters in nigeria will understand my point !
have any developer ever made a CMS ? any OOP reusability ?
point one out for me ! any reuseable template done by a Nigeria programmer? go to hell again buddie !
you no be Oga for here ,
i so much miss DHTML , if he does use CMS or stuffs like that .,. i've known him not to be a LAZY PROGRAMMER ! just like a newbiee likee me kiss
and look , you havent seen anything , my own OS is coming soon as you mentioned it , its gonna be a challenge for me

so, @all , let the debate continue !
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by DualCore1: 9:00pm On May 25, 2009
samen:

Dual Core think! Define Creativity! What do you call yourself a Developer or a Designer?

I'll leave that for you to figure out.

samen:

Understand something CMS is good I use it alot but it doesn't give a feeling "I did that".
So the sites you have done with any CMS tools or code libraries, are you telling me you can't call them yours, cuz u did them with such tools? You've got to answer that cuz that's Segsalerty's point here.

segsalerty:

na wa oooo, @dual core , na me you come go crazy of like that,
well, this is just a debate , i dont care what you use to design/develop your job ,
well, since you got me wrong , na wa for you !
go to hell !
later webmasters in nigeria will understand my point !
have any developer ever made a CMS ? any OOP reusability ?
point one out for me ! any reuseable template done by a Nigeria programmer? go to hell again buddie !
you no be Oga for here ,
i so much miss DHTML , if he does use CMS or stuffs like that .,. i've known him not to be a LAZY PROGRAMMER ! just like a newbiee likee me kiss
and look , you havent seen anything , my own OS is coming soon as you mentioned it , its gonna be a challenge for me

so, @all , let the debate continue !

>i've got more things to go crazy over than you so dont get it twisted.
>I'm not expecting you to care about what tools I use to do what I do.
>Hard a fact as it may be, you can't send me to hell, sorry.
>PHP Freedom Framework (a framework u were so noob not to know u were to edit the config file to point to a DB)
>You and I both have equal priviledges as Nairaland members within the jurisdiction of this board.
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by segsalerty(m): 9:11pm On May 25, 2009
lol, you don turn this to a one on one fight now ,
but, i dont get angry easily , !
tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by DualCore1: 9:15pm On May 25, 2009
I don't take part in cyber wars, so this is not a fight. If this was some 5 years ago yea maybe i'lda been inclined to take this up with you and ur pc on irc but whts the use now?
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by segsalerty(m): 9:21pm On May 25, 2009
grin i've let you another bone somewhere else  tongue
better go bite ,
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by remoranger(m): 11:38am On May 26, 2009
Now both of you!!! were are you running to. i am really beginning to enjoy this. But please keep the personal insults aside. this is a good topic. i have always considered the merits and demerits of using CMS. so let the civilized debate continue.
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 26, 2009
Now this is getting rather interesting. . .
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by Neptune(m): 2:16pm On May 26, 2009
segsalerty, i get your point. for the record, i'm a web designer (not a programmer). but look at it this way. say your friends from secondary school wanted to get togehter (those abroad and here) to chat (u know catch up on old times and all that), and u decide to create a small forum for them (being known as the computer guy). would you rather write you codes from scratch? or pick up cms and do what u gotta do to save time, money and stress. with all due respect (no offence ment please) you'lld be stupid not to. now, when you finish all this, who would you tell your friends designed.developed the forum? joomla? i'll leavet that answer to you. it took me a long time to get along with open source. but you can't help it. it's the new way forward. simple. take me a web designer for example? i can pick up one of these tools and build myself a forum or blog or what have you. easily. if i was your younger brother, won't you sudgest that i rahter learn this first and get along with it so i can get things don quickly and still learn programming on this side than rather come to disturb you to build me a forum which would take you months to build? no doubt it makes so programmers lazy but it helps. it really helps. and its free. so what exactly is the point here. seun owns nairaland (full stop). if someone wants to buy this forum would they pay smf? no way!
this i s just my own point of view o, if you can convince me otherwise, am all ears.
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by segsalerty(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2009
uhmm , interesting ,
just like DHTML sir said cheesy
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by samen: 1:54am On May 27, 2009
Did i miss anything?

Dual Cure, I've not seen any point you are making.
Re: How Do You Know A Good Webmaster ? I Need Help Pls! by DualCore1: 9:33am On May 27, 2009
samen:

Did i miss anything?

Dual Cure, I've not seen any point you are making.
You might wonno get on with life then. Sorry I have a low tolerance for wht u wonno start.

(1) (Reply)

To Whom It May Concern: Daily Independent Newspaper Online Needs Fixing / 234reports.com: Please Rate My Work At The Blog / Africa’s Mark Zuckerberg On His Soon To Be Launched Online University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.