Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,143 members, 7,852,903 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

I'd Like To: - Forum Games (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / I'd Like To: (22716 Views)

I'd Like To ______ The Person Above Me Part 2 / I'd Like To ______ The Person Above Me / "I'd rather" game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'd Like To: by GREED(m): 12:16am On Mar 21, 2006
I'd like to know from all the true africans what do you feel about african-americans who
make fun of africa.
Some of the people i hear make jungle noises,or click their tongues,or think africa a country not a continent.I had to stomp a someone out for making fun of Nigeria.
I don't play that.
Re: I'd Like To: by GREED(m): 12:34am On Mar 21, 2006
Oh, my ,mistake i said Africa is country not continent when i meant the other way around.
Re: I'd Like To: by nubian(m): 12:37am On Mar 21, 2006
Greed - i feel sad when i hear of african americans making fun of Africa - one big problem is they have been made to feel ashamed of thier Africaness from the days of slavery - slaves were made to feel that being african is synonimouus with being primitive - Sooooo many tried to distance themseleves from thier african origins. But there was a re awakening of pride in thier african origins in the 70s.However , lets call a spade a spade- has Africa offered these blacks in dispora anything to be proud of, ?? - its always talk of poverty,disease,bad governance,coups,currouption, faminewars etc,
Re: I'd Like To: by GREED(m): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2006
But they should at least help were their ancestors are from.Most of them use the n word so much it makes me sick,even spanish people say it to each other.
But yet a white person say's and they wanna kill them.
When african-americans call me the n word i say don't call me that i'm nigerian and at leat i know were my ancestors are from.
Re: I'd Like To: by nubian(m): 12:55am On Mar 21, 2006
Greed i understand how u feel - just try to educate them - remind them if a wht person called them a "n" - it doesnt sound funny, so y do they call themselves niggers, ??.Ill tell u some thing i noticed, using the n word is kind of a freindly familiar way of two blk young people talking to one another, but that word makes me sick .

An African american who is a role model to me let me down so much, when he said it is in the culture of Nigerians to be corrupt, !!!! ( General colin powel) even if its true i dont think its right to say bad things about ur people in public- and i felt we are all one people - Africans and Afro americas.

I feel u GREED, i understand ur anger and frustrations, i love my race with a deep pride, and desperately feel pain at the problems of the blk race - to see some Afro americans behave the way u say will make me so sad
Re: I'd Like To: by chinani(f): 6:29am On Mar 21, 2006
GREED:

But they should at least help were their ancestors are from.Most of them use the n word so much it makes me sick,even spanish people say it to each other.
But yet a white person say's and they want to kill them.
When african-americans call me the n word i say don't call me that i'm nigerian and at leat i know were my ancestors are from.

@ Greed

Word! I'm feeling you! grin

@ nubian

Man did Gen. Powell really diss Nigerians like that? Wow! lipsrsealed
Re: I'd Like To: by chinani(f): 6:35am On Mar 21, 2006
I think it's all about pride. At the Uni I go to (down in the dirty!) most African and Nigerian brothers refuse to say the "n" word and definitly not in the company of African ladies! We also promote our culture and pride in our culture. It's to the point that boys who want to holla try to come up and greet me in Yoruba! grin I'm not Yoruba, but it makes me smile. Then they'll be like "Dang, you must be Igbo or Edo or something. Shoulda known, shoulda known", etc etc We hold it down w/ our ASA and other groups. Some Nigerian entrepenuers/peers even make clothes. I have a hat that says "NAIJA", shirt that says "NIGERIAN. AMERICAN." and the newest slightly controversial shirt that reads "I AM NOT AN AKATA".

In this shirt the non-offensive meaning of word Akata is meant. Akata = Black American not thug or ghetto. When people ask we're like, "I'm Nigerian, this shirt speaks for me" etc. Now akata people wear the shirt and they're like "Well some slaves came from Nigeria, so I can be Nigerian too, right?" And we're like, "Right! Everyone's invited!" grin
Re: I'd Like To: by nubian(m): 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2006
chinani:

I think it's all about pride. At the Uni I go to (down in the dirty!) most African and Nigerian brothers refuse to say the "n" word and definitly not in the company of African ladies! We also promote our culture and pride in our culture. It's to the point that boys who want to holla try to come up and greet me in Yoruba! grin I'm not Yoruba, but it makes me smile. Then they'll be like "Dang, you must be Igbo or Edo or something. Shoulda known, shoulda known", etc etc We hold it down w/ our ASA and other groups. Some Nigerian entrepenuers/peers even make clothes. I have a hat that says "NAIJA", shirt that says "NIGERIAN. AMERICAN." and the newest slightly controversial shirt that reads "I AM NOT AN AKATA".

In this shirt the non-offensive meaning of word Akata is meant. Akata = Black American not thug or ghetto. When people ask we're like, "I'm Nigerian, this shirt speaks for me" etc. Now akata people wear the shirt and they're like "Well some slaves came from Nigeria, so I can be Nigerian too, right?" And we're like, "Right! Everyone's invited!" grin

Chinani, u make me laugh !!!, yeah everyone is invited after all many AKATAS have Nigerian ancestors, lol, nice talk chinani, good to know u guys are proud of our Naija and show it
Re: I'd Like To: by GREED(m): 12:48am On Mar 23, 2006
I'd like to know what most of you think about Celestial church of Christ?
Re: I'd Like To: by nubian(m): 12:52am On Mar 23, 2006
id like to say i think the celestial church of christ is a wierd - very wierd church
id like to say hi to my hitman - GREED. -cool cool cool cool cool
Re: I'd Like To: by GREED(m): 12:55am On Mar 23, 2006
Why do you say that nubian.
Re: I'd Like To: by nubian(m): 1:05am On Mar 23, 2006
White garments, no shoes,praying at the beaches and on top of hills, ive also seen a cele male pastor baptizing stark naked lovely bodied adolecent girls at the bar beah in lagos - u telling me the PASTOR - was not thinking what i was thinking, looking at the lovely naked bodies of those stiupid girls??

there are lots of cele prophets,lots of them, u think all those many, many cele prophets are real, ??, not fake, ??

i saw a 9 pm news documentry of a cele prophetess who burnt the palms of a young girl ( about 10 years old), the palms were very badly burnt on a kerosine stove - she was trying to make the girl confess to being a witch.

the cele way of doing things is too ritualistic

very, very wierd
Re: I'd Like To: by Aduraseyi(f): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2006
@nubian i agree with u completely.i hear dey get der powers 4rm the sea.
Re: I'd Like To: by nicetohave(m): 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2006
Id like to be more serious with my spiritual committments
Re: I'd Like To: by Rhodalyn(f): 10:35am On Apr 02, 2006
i'd like to give some girl on NL a dirty slap angry angry angry
Re: I'd Like To: by 2cantango(f): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2006
I'd like to receive a dirty slap from some mighty fiiiiinnne man wink cheesy
Re: I'd Like To: by Rhodalyn(f): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2006
shocked shocked why would want to receive a slap? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I'd Like To: by 2cantango(f): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2006
hahaha grin grin grin i'm talking about a kinky naughty slap baby girl wink cheesy cheesy
Re: I'd Like To: by Rhodalyn(f): 10:52am On Apr 02, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i'd like to do justice to some b**ch angry
Re: I'd Like To: by Rhodalyn(f): 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2006
i'd like to say i've missed ken kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: I'd Like To: by bolex(m): 1:17am On Apr 23, 2006
Sleep for 10 years , only to wake up and be a successful ENGINEER
Re: I'd Like To: by Aduraseyi(f): 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2006
to fast forward the hands of time to june
to go home and read
to see GOD and tell him how much he means to me[i][/i] YOU ARE AWESOME
to start work strait away grin grin
Re: I'd Like To: by Seun(m): 6:22pm On May 02, 2006
I'd like to ask 2cantango what can be kinky about a slap on the face!?!?!?!?!
Re: I'd Like To: by 2cantango(f): 6:24pm On May 02, 2006
I'd like to tell Nwoke that I wasn't talking about a slap on the face wink

I'd like to also say that I was only joking - baby girl knows what I meant.
Re: I'd Like To: by Rhodalyn(f): 6:25pm On May 02, 2006
i'd like to ask you Seun if you have done justice to my case yet!!!
Re: I'd Like To: by Rhodalyn(f): 6:25pm On May 02, 2006
i'd like to say, yeah you have i can see that!
Re: I'd Like To: by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 02, 2006
I'd like to say Rhodalyn can u buzz me on messanger its urgent
Re: I'd Like To: by Rhodalyn(f): 6:36pm On May 02, 2006
i'd like to say im on my way Queenzy and i'd also like to say i know what it's about.
Re: I'd Like To: by snazzydawn(f): 6:44pm On May 02, 2006
I'd like to see Tosin
Re: I'd Like To: by Rhodalyn(f): 6:48pm On May 02, 2006
i'd really and actually like to know why some offensive post are not deleted but the moment the person that offensive post was directed at reacts, she's given her a ban!
Re: I'd Like To: by Reba(f): 9:51am On May 03, 2006
I'd like to be with my KERRIE now and make pasionate love for the rest of the afternun.
Re: I'd Like To: by 2cantango(f): 10:58am On May 04, 2006
I'd like to say hello to my baby girl kiss and all other NL members kiss smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Pick A Pill(pix) / Male Contest: Hottest Male In Nairaland / Know Your Magic Number.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.