Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Bad Habits You Need To Stop While Driving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bad Habits You Need To Stop While Driving (1024 Views)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done With While Driving On Highway? / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Habits You Need To Stop While Driving by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
70% of Drivers are guilty of this especially in Ngeria here.
1. Not Wearing Seat Belts: This is the no. 1 issue most nigerian drivers have a problem adhering to, because we think seat belts are uncomfortable while driving, but the truth more lifes would've been saved if seat belts were used.

2. Using headphones while Driving: Mostly its student and young bobos that are guilty of this habit, using headphone while driving will distract your attention from what's happening from behind e.g when someone is honking or flashing light to signal you of something, if you really want to jam while driving you can buy car mp3 for as low as #300, its dat cheap.

3. Eating While Driving: Though this might seem harmless to many but its also very dangerous because the might choke you any moment and basically you might lose control of the car trying to free yourself.

4. Cutting Traffic: Everyone has done this at one point or the other, many drivers especially public transportation don't have patience to wait for the traffic to move, they rather cut down through the roadside or pavement to beat the traffic, doing will not solve the problem it might for the driver but how about drivers waiting in line, you are only making the situation worst, I personally don't let people coming from the side to enter in front of me, nobody wants to stay there na.

5. Signaling/Break light not working: Its very important to alert oncoming traffic when you are about to make a turn and also very important to let cars behind know when you are slowing down.

6. Add yours

#SafeDriving #StayAlive

Re: Bad Habits You Need To Stop While Driving by Blizzy9ja: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
* Using their cell fone while driving: (texting, chating tweeting, facebooking)
* Listening very loud music from the car stereo
* Cursing on other road users
Re: Bad Habits You Need To Stop While Driving by Whizpeter(m): 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
I personally don't let people coming from the side to enter in front of me, nobody wants to stay there na.

Oga don't just try this with Lagos Danfo drivers, your next trip may probably be to Ladipo...! lipsrsealed cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bad Habits You Need To Stop While Driving by ogawisdom(m): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
Looking at d ikebe of some of our girls walking at d road side undecided

Drinking and driving

Smoking and driving

Engaging in noisy conversation while driving

Kissing and romancing ur babe in d car while driving cheesy

Horning anyhow while driving angry

2 Likes

Re: Bad Habits You Need To Stop While Driving by apexquest(m): 11:33am On Dec 04, 2015
And I'm the number culprit of not using seat belt...
Re: Bad Habits You Need To Stop While Driving by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
Driving with one hand is really wrong irrespective of how comfortable it is for you. Yea i'm fond of it but don't know how to stop cus I feel really awkward driving with two hands...
Don't fantasize while driving
If your tyres ain't good enough, don't manage it, replace it Asap.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Driver Exchange Greetings From Roof Top While Speeding In Ibadan (pics, Video) / Issues Observed On Corolla 2007 / Carpooling! I Need Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.