Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel (56620 Views)

Big Cobra Killed In Unilorin’s Female Hostel, After Months Of Cohabitation / Check Out Our Hostel For Ijmb Programme / Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by donem: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2015
mrjojo:
poster,hope you guys fried the egg for noodles? smh
Op am interested in the answer to this question.
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Stallion84(m): 8:17am On Nov 25, 2015
The intelligence of everybody that saw that animal is questionable judging that you are all in a school. So non of you could identify a monitor lizard? Or at least call it a large iguana. What's strange about it? And yet you killing a pregnant reptile shows your school doesn't preach conservation or knowledge sef. Wonder what school that is.

2 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by judedwriter(m): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2015
ednut1:
Pregnant Monitor lizard. Nigerians sha smh
Natgeo wild tinz...

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Ncube(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
Guys cool down, it's a monitor lizard, you may probably have eaten it if you do patronize Bush meat sellers. Very delicious!

2 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
U will soon eat mammy water.
But that thing look scary with all those eggs inside.

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by cyprus000: 8:20am On Nov 25, 2015
Psalmpy:
Waoh.!! Its ready to be served Come and join us Dont be left out of this ooo
[size=13pt] Lol..hehehehehehehegringrincheesy

Very funny guy
See has you just ignore their rantgrin.
[/size]

10 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by krall69: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin my agama lizard recipe is still available.

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by kevoh(m): 8:22am On Nov 25, 2015
Monitor Lizard week! Every week there's always a monitor lizard thread on frontpage. I was beginning to think the craze had died down after two weeks without it making frontpage until this thread resurfaced again.

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Boy101(m): 8:22am On Nov 25, 2015
To be frank, this is truly funny and I like the way the op was able to post gradual pictures till it was finally prepared. Lol, Nigerians and their 'no-time' lifestyle!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Jalinco: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2015
The guys should eat it, whether it is lisad or lihappiness or whether igunana or igunijeta the bible says: mase je ki ohunkohun ki o segbe.
OP please confirm the eggs were also pepper-souped ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Xynthialuvy(f): 8:23am On Nov 25, 2015
kodded:

undecided undecided

na wa o
we are quick to kill anything that looks strange
undecided undecided
. If nah u see am,u no go kill am?

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 25, 2015
Please let us grow above unnecessary superstitions.

A student hostel should be an extension ground for learning. The said lizard should have been captured and named.

Every year thousands of new animal species are discovered and named. Why not by Nigerian students? SMH

4 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by cyprus000: 8:26am On Nov 25, 2015
tmanis:

Even though killing almost anything is bad, let us have a 'serious human protection" first before thinking of serious animal protection.
[size=13pt]
Ignore those babylonians ranting. How many people out of the 70million nigerians, living under $1 per day. Have they helped or treated lyk humans.

Hypocrites makes me sick.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by saintkel(m): 8:26am On Nov 25, 2015
Breakfast

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by kodded(m): 8:27am On Nov 25, 2015
Xynthialuvy:
. If nah u see am,u no go kill am?
good morning smiley
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by slap1(m): 8:28am On Nov 25, 2015
Everything is not food. When a new disease comes from eating dangerous creatures, you will say America wants to reduce population of Africans...

4 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by saintkel(m): 8:29am On Nov 25, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Killers.

What's this craze of Nigerians killing anything they see?

How does this precious animal pose a threat to those that killed it?

They killed it plus destroyed the future of its eggs.

There's a serious threat against animals in this country,every unidentifiable creeping,crawling,flying creature is up for kill,it's a very barbaric act that needs to be stopped.The other day it was snake,a few months back,a rare species of ocelot was murdered,today,this is killed and it's yet to be laid eggs destroyed as well.

We need a serious Animal Protection/Conservation Authority to handle this growing menace.Nigerians are endangering many animals on daily basis with how they kill them.
WTF

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by 2sex(m): 8:30am On Nov 25, 2015
Psalmpy:
More Update
...cooking process
You are just one poverty stricken fool angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 25, 2015
I agree with you. Ranting of foolish people. How many neighbours of theirs who are lacking in one thing or the other have they willingly provided for ? Let alone protecting animal. Hypocrites!! Always ready to cast stones.

cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Ignore those babylonians ranting. How many people out of the 70million nigerians, living under $1 per day. Have they helped or treated lyk humans.

Hypocrites makes me sick.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Kimoni: 8:34am On Nov 25, 2015
Na wa ooo

Are we going to have any wildlife left in Naija in 5 years time? sad not with the rate you guys are murdering these animals

2 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by xij38580: 8:36am On Nov 25, 2015
Wikipedia

"All but five species of monitor lizard are classified by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora under Appendix II, which is loosely defined as species that are not necessarily threatened with extinction, but may become so unless trade in such species is subject to strict regulation order to avoid use incompatible with the survival of the species in the wild. The remaining five species - V. bengalensis, V. flavescens, V. griseus, V. komodoensis, and V. nebulosus - are classified under CITES Appendix I, which outlaws international commercial trade in the species.[25]"

In Tamil Nadu and all other parts of South India, catching or killing of monitor lizards is banned under the Protected Species Act.

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by cl9700: 8:37am On Nov 25, 2015
Psalmpy:
I was with friends in my room and a call came in due to the noise and disturbance i decided to move out in order to receive my call.As soon as i stepped out i saw this crawling creature on top of a sand this afternoon

Medicinal[edit]
Monitor lizard meat, particularly the tongue and liver, is eaten in parts of southern India and Malaysia as an alleged aphrodisiac.[22][23]

In parts of Pakistan, different parts of monitor lizards are used for a variety of medical purposes. The flesh is eaten for the relief of rheumatic pain, abdominal fat is used as a salve for skin infections, oil and fat are used to treat hemorrhoids or chronic pain, and the oil is used as an aphrodesiac lubricant (saande kaa tel).[24]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_lizard

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by bluaero(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2015
2sex:
You are just one poverty stricken fool angry angry angry

Why the insult Are u a lizard?
The fish, barbecue, chicken, beef, snail etc you eat every day..what are they?
You also eat poor helpless creatures everyday..the only difference is others kill them for you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by munex007(m): 8:39am On Nov 25, 2015
The lizard was looking for a place to lay her eggs,she was in labour pains why you killed her..

Why kill a harmeless soul?

The most painful thing is the unborn eggs you also murdered,Do you think you have more right to life than them?

We humans need to be reminded that we are not the only inhabitant in the world..

Be kind to the trees,animals,bird,insect..

Live and let live..

7 Likes

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by stag: 8:40am On Nov 25, 2015
People who see these rare creatures should always endevour to indicate what part of the country/exact location the animals are being sighted. It had eggs, so a male is somewhere around. Biologists/Zoologists can comb the area. There is probably a nocturnal community of them.

Psalmpy, where was this animal seen?

When one person sees a strange animal, it rarely occurs to him to kill it and roast until someone else joins him. Mob mentality. A group of people are always ready to kill. Anything. Even fellow human.

christejames:
I think it's Iguana... Happy chopping!
I think matured iguanas are bigger than this. For this one to be laying eggs, then I think this is its matured stage.
Yet, I don't think its monitor lizard or any of those. A zoologist around can help classify it better.

Mob mentality asks no rational questions. Just maim, destroy and kill.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Kimoni: 8:40am On Nov 25, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Killers.

What's this craze of Nigerians killing anything they see?

How does this precious animal pose a threat to those that killed it?

They killed it plus destroyed the future of its eggs.

There's a serious threat against animals in this country,every unidentifiable creeping,crawling,flying creature is up for kill,it's a very barbaric act that needs to be stopped.The other day it was snake,a few months back,a rare species of ocelot was murdered,today,this is killed and it's yet to be laid eggs destroyed as well.

We need a serious Animal Protection/Conservation Authority to handle this growing menace.Nigerians are endangering many animals on daily basis with how they kill them.

The initiative has to start from a higher authority. Government in conjunction with NGOs and other interested organizations. Not much can be achieved by the masses on their own. There has to be a structure and process attached to animal conservation.

We'll get there! Hopefully

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by ajealadick(m): 8:43am On Nov 25, 2015
There is nothing strange here. This is a monitor lizard (iguana lizard) the re reason it cant run was it was in labour (just like we humans) that's why when roasted the eggs bulged out. You guys should read more about nature and also watch National Geographic Wild.[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by forexbinary: 8:44am On Nov 25, 2015
END TIME LIZARDS...

END TIME HOSTELS...

END TIME KILLERS...

Uwa mmebi adigo very near. cry cry
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by Day11(m): 8:46am On Nov 25, 2015
Murderer angry
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by davidque007(m): 8:46am On Nov 25, 2015
What is strange about a monitor Lizard!
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by dazzlingd(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2015
sexaddict08:

is it your sister
no, ur future wife
Re: PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel by lekanwj(m): 8:48am On Nov 25, 2015
Hmmm please get NAFDAC certificate before you eat that thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Regularization Procedure - How To Process It Yourself / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire / Cornell University Student Strips In Class To Defend Her Presentation In NewYork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.