Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Samsung Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge To Use Micro SD - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge To Use Micro SD (459 Views)

Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / 512GB Micro SD Card By Integral Memory Is The Largest So Far / Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge To Use Micro SD by 3CHUB: 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
Samsung's Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge both gained a lot of positive attention when each launched earlier in the year and the only downside seemed to be the lack of microSD. But it seems Samsung may have taken notice of the backlash.

The latest rumour is that Samsung will be reintroducing microSD support for the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge when they launch next year.

The Galaxy S5 came in both 16GB or 32GB versions with microSD support up to 128GB, while the Galaxy S6 comes in 32GB, 64GB or 128GB versions with no expandable options

If you go for the latest model you can get 128GB of storage, but it does come at a real cost.
The latest rumour comes from an Italian Samsung blog and it's not quite certain on the validity of the source – but it's still an interesting step if Samsung wanted to head back to microSD territory.

Adding in a microSD slot to the side of the phone would mean it can keep its beautiful uni-body design as well, rather than the annoying back on the Galaxy S5.

It may be a little more difficult for the Galaxy S7 Edge as it only has limited space on the top and bottom edges of the phone – but Samsung is sure to find a way around that problem

There's also mention of a potential quad-sided display for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. That'd mean the top and bottom edge would also feature curved glass as well.

That idea seems a little out there right now as it'd be difficult to grip the phone - but we're sure to find out in February when the phone launches.

(1) (Reply)

HTC One X9 Images / Pls Gurus In The House, Pls Help Me My HTC Wnt To Kill Me Oo! / Iphone 5, Or 5c, Or 6 Earpods Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.