Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,185 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:56 AM

Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un (16167 Views)

Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" / Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum / Rivers Tribunal: How Area Commander Supervised Ballot Thumb-printing –Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Amanyanabo(m): 7:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
achi4u:
With that referendum Biafra is assured, 90% of Igbos and their SS brothers will willingly vote in favor of The new State-Biafria.
u all b dreaming if u think d ss is gonna join ur foolish Biafra

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by austinsmat(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
small small we are going there
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by IGBOSON1: 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Amanyanabo:

^^^He said '......and their SS brothers'! If you feel you're not a brother to Ndigbo why comment!?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by ArodeTsolaye: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Let the descendant children of oduduwa wasteland come and tell us why it is impossible just like the British never visited kanu in prison. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by ODUBEZE: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2015
Amanyanabo:

Amanyanabo:

Peace! Relax!
No one is forcing you! If U think its because of your oil, then wake up! so many country does not have oyei yet they are way above Nigeria in terms of development!
So my dear no be by force.
Biafra is all about independent, freedom and bravery
Oh boy if you do not want any of these then U are not needed!
Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by trapQ: 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
I never knew you were this sensible. I thought all you did was hurl insults.

thank God for your life.
EUROBOMBER:
@OP where is ya source?

Secondly, I suggest Igbos to reach out to elders and leaders of minority tribes around and table a clear agenda and manifesto before them to gain their support.

We can work towards a regional system of government between the five SE states and any other groups in the SS that are convinced to be part of the new country. I believe this ought to have been done before coming out with any maps. You don't just get up and draw maps in the UK and begin to publish online as Biafra. When did we make solid agreements with these guys around us?

Very importantly the name should not be Biafra. Something like Lower Niger Republic should do.

Please take away that map.
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Kirigidi(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
achi4u:
With that referendum Biafra is assured, 90% of Igbos and their SS brothers will willingly vote in favor of The new State-Biafria.
Wake up frm ur self-deceptn! As long u Igbos keep smugglin Urhobo/Isoko lands against our wish into ur fraudulent map, ur proposed Biafra wil continue to remain a "mirage". D Urhobo Nation thru our umbrella body (Urhobo Progress Union) hav already warned u Igbo Biafra Agitators to remov Urhobo lands frm ur Biafra map, yet u pipo refused to listen. Even d Itsekiris hav also issued similar warnin. Wat exactly do u pipo want in our lands? Wat is dat reason behind ur persistent interest in us? Havn't u pipo learnt frm d lessons of d 1960s civil war wen d same Igbos forced d minorities witout dia consent into dia Biafra, nd at d end, d same minorities join forces wit Federal Troops to root out d rebellious Igbo Biafrans frm dia lands? Igbos can't just force other tribes against dia wish to join dia Igbo Biafra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by EternalTruths: 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jaideyone:
ret@rd that was after several years of civil war. two decades of civil war!!! is there a civil war in Nigeria? and even the referendum was with the support of the Sudanese government

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sudanese_independence_referendum,_2011 if this doesn't cure your ignorance then it's inherent

I repeat

You are a dunce

Once UN conducts Referendum, Nigeria government must accept it or face sanctions and war .

Besides

Do you think Nigeria can crush a UN backed Biafra cool

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Jaideyone(m): 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

I repeat

You are a dunce

Once UN conducts Referendum, Nigeria government must accept it or face sanctions and war .

Besides

as$wipe. I thought u were just ignorant. the south Sudan referendum had the backing of the government. the Catalan referendum didn't. that's the difference between the two. that is the reason one was successful and the other failed. are you always this stupid? do you know the number of armed groups calling for referendum all over the world? how many of such cases did the UN dabble into? you're irredeemably lost. educated illiterate
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Jaideyone(m): 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

I repeat

You are a dunce

Besides

dumbo read this
I have nothing more to say. if you are not ready to learn and accept th truth then there's no point wasting time educating you
Procedure
An independence referendum typically arises first after
political success for nationalists of a territory. This could
come in the election of politicians or parties with
separatist policies, or from pressure from nationalist
organisations.
Negotiations
Negotiations for the terms of an independence
referendum may take place between the nationalists and
the government which exercises sovereignty over the
territory. If terms can be agreed, then the independence
referendum can be held with its result binding, and
respected by the international community. Independence
referendums can be held without the consent of
governments, but their results are usually ignored by the
international community
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_referendum
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by franconian: 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
Kirigidi:
Wake up frm ur self-deceptn! As long u Igbos keep smugglin Urhobo/Isoko lands against our wish into ur fraudulent map, ur proposed Biafra wil continue to remain a "mirage". D Urhobo Nation thru our umbrella body (Urhobo Progress Union) hav already warned u Igbo Biafra Agitators to remov Urhobo lands frm ur Biafra map, yet u pipo refused to listen. Even d Itsekiris hav also issued d same warnin. Wat exactly do u pipo want in our lands? Wat is dat reason behind ur persistent interest in us? Havn't u pipo learnt frm d lessons of d 1960s civil war wen d same Igbos forced d minorities witout dia consent into dia Biafra, nd at d end, d same minorities join forces wit Federal Troops to root out d rebellious Igbo Biafrans frm dia lands? Igbos can't just force other tribes against dia wish to join dia Igbo Biafra.

It is obvious they have not learned anything from Ojukwu's mistakes. I only hope they don't end up commiting suicide like they did in the 60s.

They talk of freedom, yet they force people against their wish to join their struggle.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
Xwayhandsom264:
gringrin
hhahahahha brownies ayaf died product of useless awolowo free education
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by hmath3991(m): 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ooh land of the Rising Sun How Great thou Are your Beloved Citizens Look Forward To Seeing You. Ooh Heavenly Father We av waited For So long, put all our Enemies To Shame, Let Them Gnash their teeth nd watch How Grate Would Be.

PROUDLY

S.SOUTH

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by abouzaid: 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

Did you read my earlier post

I told the guy that UN don't need Nigeria approval before conducting Referendum in Biafrans cool
they don't if a major world power like Britain or USA is supporting it either openly or secretly and i believe that they are since they predicted that Nigeria would break up on or before 2016 and carried out successful war games on how they would secure our oil facilities when it begins, all these information are freely available on the web from authoritative sources. gej disappointed them by conceding defeat when they have already landed troops in Ghana and Niger thinking that violence would break out in Nigeria so now biafra and boko haram are their two pawns. i also found it interesting thatafter they refused to sell weapons to Nigeria and even blocked other countries from doing same, gej still dealth with boko haram by buying weapons from Russia and China but buhari has not bought a single rifle since assuming power. buhari is the western Greek gift/Trojan horse we have in this country.
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by daveyjay(m): 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
BIAFRAAAAA...
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by mrsuccessful(m): 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
TheOnlyWiseMan:

See, I live in Rivers state, the heart of so called Niger Delta. It may interest you to know that the interest I'm developing about Biafra issue is because of the Zeal I saw in many Rivers state people for biafra restoration effort.
Most of them are waiting Patiently for the time for referendum for them to throw in their cap.

You must be dreaming to be including us in your Biafra project, maybe you're mistaking aba for rivers...
You better mind your five states before you will start shouting betrayal again
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Living4christ(m): 8:59am On Nov 25, 2015
CyberWolf:
OP where is your source?

Google it
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by BiafranAvatar(m): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
@OP where is ya source?

Secondly, I suggest Igbos to reach out to elders and leaders of minority tribes around and table a clear agenda and manifesto before them to gain their support.

We can work towards a regional system of government between the five SE states and any other groups in the SS that are convinced to be part of the new country. I believe this ought to have been done before coming out with any maps. You don't just get up and draw maps in the UK and begin to publish online as Biafra. When did we make solid agreements with these guys around us?

Very importantly the name should not be Biafra. Something like Lower Niger Republic should do.

Please take away that map.

You don kraze b4
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by TheOnlyWiseMan: 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
mrsuccessful:

You must be dreaming to be including us in your Biafra project, maybe you're mistaking aba for rivers...
You better mind your five states before you will start shouting betrayal again
Nobody is forcing anybody to join BIAFRA, I'm talking about the willing Rivers people.
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by oyatz(m): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
Here comes, the Biafran!

Duru1:

Per the bolded, I guess a reasonable fellow does not reach out to turncoats. Any Nigerian who is a true neighbor of Ndiigbo and treasures self-determination and self control of destiny should willingly join the quest with IPOB.
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by achi4u(m): 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
Amanyanabo:
u all b dreaming if u think d as is gonna join ur foolish Biafra
Who cares... Anu
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by achi4u(m): 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
Amanyanabo:
u all b dreaming if u think d as is gonna join ur foolish Biafra
Who cares... Anu
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by abduljabbar4(m): 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
I hope the fools' eyes are now open. lol
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by henryclassy(m): 9:13am On Apr 05, 2018
Which one is your foolish Biafra?
Let's face it! Let face the truth! I don't normally mingle in this kind affairs but must be told.
May I ask!
Before 1914,was there anything like Nigeria?
No!

If no and there were people occupying different territories and diff geographical zones,
Could there could be any chance that those people were living without a history and a name?
Not possible!
That means before the amalgamation in 1914,people of same moral values,cultures,languages were concentrating in their different indigenous lands, as such ariwa,oduduwa and Biafra were among these indigeous people made of diverse cultures,moral values and languages of no resemblance.
Hence, having established this simple truth and called ur power of reasoning into action, I put to u that there is nothing like foolish Biafra as if Nnamdi kalu woke up today and coined the name Biafra. It is a name that existed 5000 years ago! He was only reminding the biafrians of their history which has been nip in the mud and was about going into extinct or oblivion by the efforts of British govt.
Let me remind you that Nigeria has never existed,it was created by Lord Fedrick Lougard in 1914.And my question is :is it in the power of humans to create a nation?if so who created America? Who created Britian?
What is history of Nigeria before 1914?
What is the meaning of Nigeria?
Whose language in all the entire tribe that make up the created Nigeria does the word Nigeria Belong to?
Someone need to answer all these questions!
Untill we begin to go back to history,off course that is not possible because we don't study history in Nigeria school, we can never understand why Nnamdi Kalu is calling for restoration of Biafra.
And I employ every reasonable one to do research on their own to find out the truth.
abduljabbar4:

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by henryclassy(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2018
Let's face it! Let face the truth! I don't normally mingle in this kind affairs but the truth must be told.
May I ask!
No!

If no and there were people occupying different territories and diff geographical zones,
Could there could be any chance that those people were living without a history and a name?
Not possible!
That means before the amalgamation in 1914,people of same moral values,cultures,languages were concentrating in their different indigenous lands, as such arewa,Oduduwa and Biafra were among these indigenous people made of diverse cultures,moral values and languages of no resemblance.
Hence, having established this simple truth and called ur power of reasoning into action, I put to u that there is nothing like foolish Biafra as if Nnamdi kalu woke up today and coined the name Biafra. It is a name that existed 5000 years ago! He was only reminding the biafrians of their history which has been nip in the mud and was about going into extinct or oblivion by the efforts of British govt.
Let me remind you that Nigeria has never existed,it was created by Lord Fedrick Lougard in 1914.And my question is :is it in the power of humans to create a nation?if so who created America? Who created Britian?
Whose language in all the entire tribe that make up the created Nigeria does the word Nigeria Belong to?
Untill we begin to go back to history,off course that is not possible because we don't study history in Nigeria school, we can never understand why Nnamdi Kalu is calling for restoration of Biafra.
And I employ every reasonable one to do research on their own to find out the truth.
abduljabbar4:
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by henryclassy(m): 9:20am On Apr 05, 2018
Let's face it! Let face the truth! I don't normally mingle in this kind affairs but the truth must be told.
May I ask!
No!

Not possible!
That means before the amalgamation in 1914,people of same moral values,cultures,languages were concentrating in their different indigenous lands, as such arewa,Oduduwa and Biafra were among these indigenous people made of diverse cultures,moral values and languages of no resemblance.
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by mbos: 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2018
Jaideyone:
haha a referendum without the support of the federal government of Nigeria is dead on arrival!!! if you doubt me ask the Catalans grin

BTW that referendum is only happening in your dream

Did Catalonia Invite UN

And who told you Spain can Stop them/

when they are electing their incarcerated leader to become Catalonia New President
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by deomelo: 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
Jaideyone:
haha a referendum without the support of the federal government of Nigeria is dead on arrival!!! if you doubt me ask the Catalans grin

It's a fake rubbish fabricated on ipob blogsites.
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by mbos: 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2018
achi4u:

99% Biafra
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by mbos: 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

Olodo

Go back to Sudan and South Sudan grin

Every Body talk about south Sudan what of Eritrea fro Ethiopia
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2018
kelvincoll:
if true, then its a nice development towards actualisation or not. Approaching the UN and other world bodies would have been Director's Kanu first and continous option other than the hate speech.

I must field IPOB for the cordinated protest without violence these past weeks, however i am an advocate of dialogue were all parties can disagree to agree

In other news i wud expect Prof Osibanjo as d Legal face of dis admin to champion issues on national restructuing. The recently aubmitted National confab report can be a start
Bro I don't think you know the definition of hate speech.
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
Jaideyone:

Just wait and see

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari / Ministerial List: FCT Natives Ask Court To Stop Inauguration, Remove Buhari / Why APC Would Soon Disintegrate - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.