Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:25 AM

For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? (895 Views)

Sold! Sold!Few Month Used Honda Baby Boy V-tec Engine For Sale @ 700k / ABUJA SALE: Honda Accord 2000 Model V-tec Engine In Abuja For Sale. / SOLD**** 2003 Honda Iv-tec End Of Discussion For Sale 800k***SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by Nezan(m): 10:49am On May 25, 2009
@ NairaLanders,
Can somebody explain to me the meaning of V-TEC engines and the difference between V-TEC and the other engines?
Re: For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by Nezan(m): 12:27pm On May 25, 2009
Hello there, any body there to help
Re: For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by ambyzown(m): 3:00pm On May 25, 2009
VTEC stands for Variable Timing and Emmision Control.
This is a computer controlled process of making the engine run more efficiently and more environment friendly.
VTEC is the Honda badging of the system, while Toyota uses the VVTI (Variable Valve Timing and Injection
Honda also uses i-VTEC in their later cars.
Re: For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by Nezan(m): 5:51pm On May 25, 2009
@ ambyzown:

Thanx, man ,,,,,,,,,,
Re: For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by sagiru2: 9:37pm On May 25, 2009
Point of correction Mr. Ambyzown
VTEC means (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) it is a valvetrain system developed by Honda to improve the volumetric efficiency of a four-stroke internal combustion engine. And i-VTEC means intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. grin
Re: For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by hammer07: 11:25pm On May 25, 2009
Please don't make this thread complicated.just explain for us laymen wha all the big words are!! angry
Re: For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by Nezan(m): 10:28am On May 26, 2009
Lol, all these terms seems so confusing unless an explanation is made to us the laymen. I will therefore appreciate more indepth analysis of the subject matter.

@ Sagiru2: thnx, pls.
Re: For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by baron2000(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2009
sagiru2:

Point of correction Mr. Ambyzown
VTEC means (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) it is a valvetrain system developed by Honda to improve the volumetric efficiency of a four-stroke internal combustion engine. And i-VTEC means intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. grin

Typical Nigerian, all grammar and no substance. you were asked to pls explain the meaning not to come and make things a bit more complicated. Pls sir, explain the meaning sir.
Re: For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by Nezan(m): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2009
@ Sultaan, Sienna, etc

I will appreciate ur contributions on this thread, please.
Re: For Sultaan, Sienna + other professionals: What Is The Meaning Of V-tec Engine? by ElRazur: 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2009
Simple terms. The engine is designed to give the following - Acceptable performance when needed. Better miles/km to gallon figures and controlled emission [on comparison to a cab-engine of similar cc size]

Here is a link to read if you are interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC_engine

I will advice you check out that link as it gives more information that you may be yearning for. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Clean Mercedes Benz Ml350 For Sale / 2001 Honda Accord Lx / sold sold sold.2003 Model Toyota Matrix Forsale(4wd)very Neat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.