Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,425 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Army Deploys More Troops, Equipment To N’east Ahead Of Dec. Deadline On B’haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Deploys More Troops, Equipment To N’east Ahead Of Dec. Deadline On B’haram (394 Views)

Army Deploys Armored Tanks To The South-East. Photos/video / Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister / Army Deploys More Troops, Equipment To N’east Ahead Of Dec. Deadline On B’haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Army Deploys More Troops, Equipment To N’east Ahead Of Dec. Deadline On B’haram by todayng: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai, on Tuesday said more equipment and troops have been deployed to the northeast in a bid to meet President Muhammadu Buhari’s December deadline for stamping out Boko Haram sect from the region.

Addressing officers and men of 130 Battalion of the Nigerian Army in Ogoja local government area of Cross River State, Buratai called for the commitment of the soldiers to achieve the target.

He said, “So far our operations in the northeast of the country are gathering momentum. They are doing very well and doing the Nigerian Army very proud. I am sure some of you have been in touch with them and some of you may still be going there in the future. The operation there is going very well.
“We have to keep focus on Mr. President’s mandate of keeping to the deadline. We have to work hard to make sure the operation succeeds and I believe we can do it. We have gotten more equipment and have deployed more troops to the northeast.”
He emphasized the need to collaborate with other security agencies.

“I want you to note that on internal security, you cannot operate alone. You must cooperate with other security agencies. You must have a strong collaboration with the police, civil defence, the DSS and others,” he said
Buratai said he visited to identify with the challenges of the soldiers.

He said, “I would find time to go to your individual units and formations. I am here to identify with your pressing challenges as it pertains to general administration and internal security.

“Here in the barracks we have taken steps to improve accommodation, we are renovating dilapidated structures. We are also looking at issues of medicals as well as your children’s education. Already I have set up a committee to go round the schools to check issues of high and arbitrary fees. We would address issues of your welfare properly.”
https://www.today.ng/news/national/42874/army-deploys-more-troops-equipment-to-neast-ahead-of-dec-deadline-on-bharam
Re: Army Deploys More Troops, Equipment To N’east Ahead Of Dec. Deadline On B’haram by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
Joking Jokers

(1) (Reply)

FG Establishes Efficiency Units In Mdas / See APC Reply To Nigerians’ Openlettertomypresident / 30,000 Nigerians Currently In Germany – Envoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.