Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business (883 Views)

How To Succeed In Bulk SMS Business In Nigeria. My Story A Case Study / Is Your Bulk Sms Business Still Profitable? Here’s What To Do… / Do You Have A Bulk Sms Business? Here Is An Assignment For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business by CreativeWeb(m): 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
Let me quickly share with you 5 reasons why you are not succeeding in your bulk sms business. If you take heed to these instructions, you will practically take your bulk sms business to the next level.

1. Delivery Issue.
If your bulk sms portal is not delivering sms at all or having late delivery issue, then you are in for a serious business wreckage. It's better to have less attractive and unresponsive bulk sms website than to use premium joomla template to build your website, but your clients keep experiencing delivery issues. Pls avoid delivery problem at all cost. Go for premium route and reject economical route like cancer.

2. Not Buying in Large Quantity.
This is one of the secrets of success in bulk sms business. Try to raise some fund, ask your friends or family members to invest in your bulk sms business. If you buy sms in large quantity, you will get it cheaper and then sell at a competitive price and recover your capital and income immediately. I remember asking clickatell.com for sms pricing. They told me #2/sms. That was outrageous because it will be hard to resell. I started negotiating with them and they said they will offer me at 80kobo/sms but that I must buy upto 5 million sms, which is 4 million Naira.

I am not saying you must raise millions of Naira if you must make it in this business. All am saying is that you should find a way to buy sms in large quantity and get sms cheaper.

3. Using One Sms Gateway.
I personally use two very strong sms providers in the world. None of them ever failed me, but I insist on using two gateways to prevent any outage that will affect my business negatively. One of my providers dont use online payment and so for me to pay them, I usually buy dollars, pay into my domicilliary account and then wire to their bank account. It takes 2 to 3 days for the transfer to clear. So while waiting for the transfer to clear, I wil be using the other company's API.

4. Not Doing Enough Marketing.
Your bulk sms business can never move forward if you dont actively market it. You must advertise. I dont joke with adverts. I constantly look out for opportunities to leverage and push my bulk sms business to the people. Make out time and google about cheap business marketing strategies and implement some of them.

5. Becoming Casual with it.
Your bulk sms business is a business. Dont make it a casual source of income. Get a good logo. Print a complimentary card. Have a brand colour. Use 'we' and 'our' anytime you are talking about your bulk sms. Bulk sms business is a serious business. Go register a business name at CAC. Get a corporate account in at least two banks. Get a dedicated phone number for the business.

If you have more, you can add. Keep advancing.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business by ojochidem(m): 8:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
@Creativeweb, your points are very valid. The key thing here is taking the business as a serious one. My Motivation is International Companies like Infobip, RouteSMS, Clickatell and others. These guys have staff in several countires and constantly advertise their business. But some folks down here just cop a reseller site and go to sleep. A simple Google Search for "Bulk SMS in Nigeria"will throw up advert of Infobip, Clickatell, Message Bird etc.

It is either you do serious advert or do SEO if you have the technical knowhow. You just need to raise your head above the sea of thousands Bulk SMS websites jostling for traction.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business by CreativeWeb(m): 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
@ojochidem, thank you for stoping by.

Let me quickly point out something to you. I clicked on your advert on nairaland and it led me to account.kudisms.net/register.php for me to register. To me, it lacks the hook to get new clients. Why not have a landing page like kudisms.net/welcome and welcome the client. Inform him that you are aware he landed here because he clicked on your advert banner. Since your advert text talks about 'undelivered sms', tell him more about how frustrating it is for one to have his sms not delivered on time or at all. Then, inform him that you are here to solve the issue by offering him a premium portal that delivers sms instantly. Convince him to register and test the delivery speed. Then have a nice 'call to action' button like [Get Started Now] which will then lead him to the register.php page. Welldone sir.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business by yomalex(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
Creativeweb once again you have laid it bare Kudos Ojochidem Adverts is very important, seen your ads running here

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business by ojochidem(m): 10:11am On Nov 26, 2015
Thanks @Yomalex.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business by ojochidem(m): 10:12am On Nov 26, 2015
Thanks,bro.
CreativeWeb:
@ojochidem, thank you for stoping by.

Let me quickly point out something to you. I clicked on your advert on nairaland and it led me to account.kudisms.net/register.php for me to register. To me, it lacks the hook to get new clients. Why not have a landing page like kudisms.net/welcome and welcome the client. Inform him that you are aware he landed here because he clicked on your advert banner. Since your advert text talks about 'undelivered sms', tell him more about how frustrating it is for one to have his sms not delivered on time or at all. Then, inform him that you are here to solve the issue by offering him a premium portal that delivers sms instantly. Convince him to register and test the delivery speed. Then have a nice 'call to action' button like [Get Started Now] which will then lead him to the register.php page. Welldone sir.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business by Enddystar(m): 6:39am On Jul 19, 2016
Nice write-up @CreativeWeb. You hit the nail on the head. Bravo!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business by Enddystar(m): 6:48am On Jul 19, 2016
Nice write-ups on bulksms business in Nigeria. You guys hit the nail on the head. Bravo! I represent http://bulksmsplus.com
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Succeeding In Your Bulk Sms Business by ev4real(m): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
@creativeweb, Your words are always timely. Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

How To Upload MP4 Video To My Website For Download By Others / Get Upto 10k Traffic To Your Website Via Growtraffic.com / What Is Google Penguin Update 4.0 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.