Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni (6025 Views)

Get Free Food Without Downlines / What Is Jojoba Oil And Tea Tree Oil In Yoruba / Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by folasadegold: 6:00am On Nov 26, 2015
Please I need advice from my fellow Nigerians. apart from rice, yam, beans, bread and tea eaten in the morning or anytime in the day. Pls help plan 5days food without any of this for morning food. I. E breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Bugatie(m): 6:06am On Nov 26, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by saintgoogle(m): 6:09am On Nov 26, 2015
sad

1 Like

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 26, 2015
Yes pls help us plan, following ....

1 Like

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by knightsTempler: 6:19am On Nov 26, 2015
Op I'm a sports freak and in great shape and below is my weekly food plan, you tap from it and look great too.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 26, 2015
It's practically impossible in Nigeria . unless you nor get work and you go jus sidown for kicthen

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 26, 2015
knightsTempler:
Op I'm a sports freak and in great shape and below is my weekly food plan, you tap from it and look great too.

Enjoy!
Rice for Wednesday lunch...
OP said no rice...

OP its going to be a very boring meal time for those 5 days

1 Like

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Wroxxane: 7:56am On Nov 26, 2015
potato porridge, plantain porridge, vegetable and fruit salad, spaghetti and noodles, pancakes,plantains and eggs, biscuits and any juice of your choice. You can choose the days and frequency according to your taste.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Nobody: 4:10am On Nov 27, 2015
@knightstempler I see you have quinoa on your plan, I've heard great things about it. One question if you don't mind, what does it taste like? Does it taste like rice? I'm ready to give up rice if it does.

Another question, have you ever tried zoodles? Zucchini noodles, that's another one I'm willing to try if I know what it tastes like, I wonder if I can buy a good spirilizer and replace pasta products

Thanks
Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by knightsTempler: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2015
TheMoonChild:
@knightstempler I see you have quinoa on your plan, I've heard great things about it. One question if you don't mind, what does it taste like? Does it taste like rice? I'm ready to give up rice if it does.

Another question, have you ever tried zoodles? Zucchini noodles, that's another one I'm willing to try if I know what it tastes like, I wonder if I can buy a good spirilizer and replace pasta products

Thanks

For quinoa - the color of the quinoa differs in flavor. If you get a yellow quinoa, it'll taste similar to couscous - not really "rice like", not much flavor. But if you get red quinoa, it's way more flavorful, almost nutty, crunchier, earthy.
There are other colors, I haven't tried anything other than yellow and red.

Zoodles!!! Omg!!! You are missing out...And i love mine Stir Fried, it's Delicious, ultra-low in calories and carbs, and they make a great stand-in for pasta. Their pasta-like texture is a perfect base for all sorts of sauces and toppings and they don’t get soggy like pasta does, so they are great for meal prep. Cook them gently and they’ll stay al dente until you’re ready to eat them.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 28, 2015
knightsTempler:

Enjoy!
A Nigerian based person will have headaches staring at this timetable. WTH.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Pamelayoung: 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
@ Op over 2u knights templer has given u one hope ur pocket can afford that as you will equally need to order some of those stuffs abroad.

Well mine is
Mon oats n akara

Tues moimoi wit salad

Wed breadfruit

Thur unripe plaintain porridge

Fri chips mixed wit ketchup n chicken

1 Like

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
knightsTempler:

For quinoa - the color of the quinoa differs in flavor. If you get a yellow quinoa, it'll taste similar to couscous - not really "rice like", not much flavor. But if you get red quinoa, it's way more flavorful, almost nutty, crunchier, earthy.
There are other colors, I haven't tried anything other than yellow and red.

Zoodles!!! Omg!!! You are missing out...And i love mine Stir Fried, it's Delicious, ultra-low in calories and carbs, and they make a great stand-in for pasta. Their pasta-like texture is a perfect base for all sorts of sauces and toppings and they don’t get soggy like pasta does, so they are great for meal prep. Cook them gently and they’ll stay al dente until you’re ready to eat them.
thanks so much, I'll definitely get a spiralizer and try zoodles, that picture looks so yummy. I'll hold off on the quinoa for now, I need to enjoy Christmas and New Year rice grin
Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Acidosis(m): 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
smh for this generation

So no one is mentioning Eba, Pounded Yam, Semo, Wheat, Starch, fufu, tuwo, Amala, and over 20 Nigerian Soups, etc

This indomie & pasta generation is becoming something else.

I don't think I can survive two days without a typical African food. I can't and I'm sure my wife to be won't bring such nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by candycrushsoda: 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
Acidosis:
smh for this generation

So no one is mentioning Eba, Pounded Yam, Semo, Wheat, Starch, fufu, tuwo, Amala, and over 20 Nigerian Soups, etc

I don't think I can survive two days without a typical African food. I can't and I'm sure my wife to be won't bring such nonsense.

OP is referring to meals for breakfast.
Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Acidosis(m): 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
candycrushsoda:

OP is referring to meals for breakfast.
ohhhh
I made a blunder
Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 14, 2015
folasadegold:
Please I need advice from my fellow Nigerians. apart from rice, yam, beans, bread and tea eaten in the morning or anytime in the day. Pls help plan 5days food without any of this for morning food. I. E breakfast.

Groundnut stew with plantain fufu
Spaghetti
Curry goat with potatoes and carrots
Fried chicken and salad or coleslaw
Garden egg sauce with plantain
Pepper soup

Scrambled eggs
Pancakes
Oatmeal
Mackerel croquette
Fruit and muffin

Fried corn
Any vegetable soup instead of yam or fufu you can do cornbread
Sauted Tomatoes and okra mixed with shrimp
Chef salad (greens, turkey, cheese, boiled eggs, etc)

Water with lemon or lime
Milo
Soft drink
Coffee
Orange juice
Pineapple juice

1 Like

Re: Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni by Sijo01(f): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2015
Acidosis:
smh for this generation

God bless you jare.

(1) (Reply)

If You Ate These Biscuit And Aren't Married, Witches Are Haunting You / What Do You Feel About The New Nigerian Kellogg's? / Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.