Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Self Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Self Love (457 Views)

Self Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Self Love by Dolypson04(m): 6:10am On Nov 26, 2015
Self love? Does that sounds like selfishness? Of course I guess it’s not. We are all advocates of loving our neighbours…..but have you ever paused to fully comprehend the source of the popular phrase; Love your neighbour……as YOURSELF. I have come across so many people who claim to love people around them; husband, wife, children, pastor and even God but deep down they have no iota of love for themselves. They always see themselves as second class citizen. To outsiders it’s humility but in all honesty, it’s INFERIORITY. Check it out, 90% inferior people have something they abhor about themselves.. Their looks, family, past, background, social status and the likes. Such people always have tons of wishes. They always wish they were like the guy next door, they wish they were not born into that wretched background, they were always hunted by past failures… That guy that jilted them, that course they failed! The commandment is so simple… ” Love your neighbour as yourself”. The yardstick for loving one’s neighbour is YOURSELF. If you don’t have self love sleekout. then forget it, you can’t love your neighbour. If you don’t love your neighbour then you can’t love God. Not so sure if you belong into category of people without self love? You only need to answer thus question sincerely; If I were opposite sex, will I ever wish to marry myself? If your answer is “No”, then you belong! https://sleekout./2015/11/24/self-love-part-1/
Re: Self Love by dmcdad: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2015
I think you are right OP. Funny thing there is, many people don't even know what it means to have self-love. You will hear someone asking; how do I love myself?cheesycheesycheesy

I always say, if you don't love yourself or if you don't know what it means to love yourself, how then would you know how to love the other person? Little wonder we have problems in relationships and/or marriages nowadays.

My people perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

That Mountain You Are Seeing Is Only In Your Head... / Were You Beaten For Any Of The Following Reasons? / How Uglier Can It Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.