Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa (71814 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
melvoy2k:
There is no cause for alarm. The grace of God is greatly sufficient for my pastor. "HE SUFFERED NO ONE TO DO THEM WRONG SAYING TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM". No Shaking!!!

yawn#
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Temysteve(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2015
Temotala:

Criticizing him will not change the lives he has changed! Respect to TBJ!
God forgive me! TBJ sef no be looter?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Temysteve(m): 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

God bless the woman. I am 100% in support of this move to check-mate the fraud perpetrated by these so-called gods-of-men that masquerade as men of God.
hmmmm, Biafra on your radar. Watch out!!!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Temysteve:
hmmmm, Biafra on your radar. Watch out!!!!
kini Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by nd07(m): 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Government should give up on d way they poke nose in to church matters. they d government, r they accountable to d ruled? what is d abuse of people's belief here? did d church force money out of anyone. if d government would do half of what d church does, d society would b better than now.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by rafkaz(m): 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by ndukwejoe(m): 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
SUPOL:
u dont fight d church
that woman is beating a drum that she can't dance o.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by xreal: 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
Amiano:
U beta come bak to Nigeria b4 SA go use u recover d fine wey FG give MTN

funny but true.

back to the matter:

I support the intentions of the SA agency.
These pastors/churches should be paying tax to govt.
Religion is big business for those who have no fear for GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by xreal: 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Temysteve:
God forgive me! TBJ sef no be looter?

Only God knows best.
Today, he owns the most expensive private jet in Nigeria's history.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sacostyles(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
My brother do well and "render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's" (Mk 12:17). That's what Jesus did. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Miaraka: 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
Favolly:
Income from church business operations is now taxable?
No, my sister. Church income is not taxable and the church continues to enjoy its privileges as a non profit organization. There's no plan to cause trouble for anyone. However, the commission as one of our country's democratic institutions has work to do now that some Pastors are selling holy water, persuading Christmas to eat grass and snakes and compelling to pay exorbitant tithe and offering amounts. The commission has to conduct hearings and submit recommendations to the government and legislators.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by successjohnny(m): 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lordave:
You don't fight which fùcking church?

If the church constitutes public nuisance or disobeys the law, the law enforcement agencies pull it down.
The church is not the only public gathering body, it deserves no preferential treatment.
Moreover, Chris is not a church, he's just a coordinator who must abide by the law or face a lengthy jail term for hoodwinking the public and failing to declare how much he made from the fraud.

The funny thing is that 90%, if not more, of the people you meet online don't know that the devil they claim they so hate does not operate with black body and long tail. He operates through people like the woman he's trying to use to fight the church in SA now. And never you think we're all like you. We're spiritual. And we'll end it our way. It'll die a natural death. People have threatened more than her and her night supporters. Keep talking. We're on our kneels. We'll dominate till Christ comes. We're still here. Life is spiritual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by mart2k(m): 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
Action film don start, South Africa on revenge mission. MTN is stil fresh in our memory. Only d wise wil understnd me
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Favolly(f): 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
Miaraka:

No, my sister. Church income is not taxable and the church continues to enjoy its privileges as a non profit organization. There's no plan to cause trouble for anyone. However, the commission as one of our country's democratic institutions has work to do now that some Pastors are selling holy water, persuading Christmas to eat grass and snakes and compelling to pay exorbitant tithe and offering amounts. The commission has to conduct hearings and submit recommendations to the government and legislators.
Yes I know, dear

Was just being sarcastic
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
jerry curl pastor... grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by GIYAZZ(m): 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
costandi:
Is this the first time we are hearing this kind of news? He ends up chewing it up like bread grin

Worthy of Note
First lady of South Africa was in Nigeria last week for a conference with Pastor Chris
Word! LOL
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by demiawise(m): 11:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lordave:
You don't fight which fùcking church?

If the church constitutes public nuisance or disobeys the law, the law enforcement agencies pull it down.
The church is not the only public gathering body, it deserves no preferential treatment.
Moreover, Chris is not a church, he's just a coordinator who must abide by the law or face a lengthy jail term for hoodwinking the public and failing to declare how much he made from the fraud.
some people sha, who are you to judge him? Guy be care he is a man of God.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by calabardick(m): 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
highpriest4:
Pastor's house na em dey fine pass.....

na so baba fela talk aam,
how i wish this kinda law will be implimented in nigeria, see them dey get many jets, naija pastors? upgrading from fishers of men to fishers of money since 419BC
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Temysteve(m): 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
kini Biafra?
very soon!! It'll reveal it self
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
am so loving this rite now...its suprising how these proclaimed men of God make so much and still refuse giving back to the society. If only they use some % of their earnings,they sure could eradicate poverty as well as provide jobs for people in Nigeria. Guess they only look out for themselves, including those of them who build schools that their members can't send their wards to, and travel in private jets while members trek to Church. Guess corruption has sunk into our churches, so much for being "Men of God".

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by ehinmowo: 2:46am On Nov 27, 2015
the children of the devil and government systems controlled by Lucifer himself are trying to frustrate God's work on earth.

what even the world powers cannot try on some of.d World's blood sucking and devil propagated religions is what they are trying to do with Christianity.

amazingly, most so called christians who has forgotten their place, support the heathens to wage war against the heavens.

SA's penalty will be swift if it collides with heaven. and fiery flames will begin to burn all the enemies of THE LORD JESUS, be it religion, pple, groups or governments.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by franklingud(m): 4:08am On Nov 27, 2015
Temotala:

Criticizing him will not change the lives he has changed! Respect to TBJ!

Bro you clearly don't understand English language.
Go back to school bro. grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by October1960: 4:23am On Nov 27, 2015
Good.

These so.called churches are businesses and should pay tax.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Alezy(m): 6:41am On Nov 27, 2015
Amiano:
U beta come bak to Nigeria b4 SA go use u recover d fine wey FG give MTN
lolz. ...hilarious
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by BernardGreat1(m): 7:10am On Nov 27, 2015
It is impossible to defeat a man of GOD...i Repeat...its SO IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT A MAN OF GOD, and Whoever brought this topic beware and all the wrong comments stated here wrongly...Remember one day you will not be commenting and REPLYING in Nairaland but with GOD Himself on the last day.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Freshboi: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2015
classicalbenson:
them don they ginger anyhow.....Dont be surprised if she does a audu

Don't be.....
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by idrissneh: 11:55am On Nov 27, 2015
grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by wolesmile(m): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
kini Biafra?

Na one failed project like that jare
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by donnie(m): 8:57am On Dec 28, 2015
free2ryhme:

Romans 13:1-5 ESV

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Titus 3:1 ESV

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

1 Peter 2:13-17 ESV

Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Nice Preaching. . . I hope you will preach again when the government begins to censor and approve messages before they are preached from pulpit as is already happening in some countries.

Pastor Chris is a prophet of God who is fully aware of the significant position he occupies in the body of Christ the world over. It is not the first time he will stand alone to fight for what is right.

The records are not the issue, neither is complying to governments policy an issue. Every Christ Embassy church keeps clear detailed records.

So be wise church!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Gives $2,000 To Ghanaian Student Who Sowed Seed With House Rent / Collins: My Visit To Ayo Babalola Prayer Mountain At Ikeji Arakeji (Photos) / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.