Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years (32816 Views)

"The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results / JAMB Releases 2017 UTME Results For Second Batch / Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by ELgordo(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2015
YEAH WHATEVER.......
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Daniel058(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2015
The guy na my guy
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by ipreach: 11:10am On Nov 26, 2015
out of point
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by ahkmed(m): 11:11am On Nov 26, 2015
Mr Man

Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by kozmokaz(m): 11:11am On Nov 26, 2015
NA same ppl!!
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by SegunAdewole: 11:17am On Nov 26, 2015
Ojerinde is talking nonsense, he just wants the money. EFCC should beam their lights on JAMB revenue generation in the past 7 years.
He didn't make any point at all. The idoit is getting fatter everyday.
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by gazzylee(m): 11:17am On Nov 26, 2015
I know d man won't accept....in short house of senate shld extend d validity to forever just like O level.
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by tosyne2much(m): 11:18am On Nov 26, 2015
panachuku:
scam, every year poor jambites are scammed of over 6k for a silly exam that the results never correlate with ur intelligence , where does this money always go to self . Jamb shud be valid for at least 5 years once u passed. nonsense country
Seconded !!! cool
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by isreal012(m): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2015
Jamb is really driving ICT backward in Nigeria with their new style of registration. It think some people in jamb are directly benefiting and enriching themselves through the registrations/hording process per candidate. we nee a change now.
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by deramarks(f): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2015
Oga sharap d tin dere is dey shud set up more universities like let's say create a campus of uniben in lagos or created a campus of unilag in abia so dat whn pple pass jamb nd post jamb thy'll see where to chuck head all these tins dat they re doin is just hypocrisy tjey make changes but we aint seeing no one
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by richidinho(m): 11:25am On Nov 26, 2015
Joeself1:
When he knows there will be a decrease in their income yearly,but on a serious note,I don't support the 3 years validity, how would a candidate gain admission 3 years after writing jamb,he/she will have forgotten what he/she read for the exams and post jamb is not as intensive as jamb...moreover,it will be a matter of who knows who,what even guarantee that the candidates will still be admitted before the expiration of the results.

same way you got a job 6yrs after graduation, but nobody asked you to go back to write your project in School grin

1 Like

Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by SSpeter(m): 11:25am On Nov 26, 2015
Bunch of nonentities ... how can jamb be valid for three years? Fools. Jamb is just an aptitude test. If it is valid for three years then it becomes an achievement nd you should be issued a certificate nd you should be able to work with it. Clowns jamb is to check ur level of reasoning at that current year.....foolish Nigerians
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by momentum85(m): 11:32am On Nov 26, 2015
Jamb don frustrate people tire, some studied d course they don't want cos of Jamb. Infact they should extend d validity to 5 years or bring down d registration fee to say 1500 per candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by DrBrown23: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2015
I think the 3 years validity will work, but it should be with an option to re-write if you're not satisfied with your result and performance.
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 26, 2015
Everything is wrong with this country. Kia

I think there should be a compulsory one year techincal training for those out of secondary school. Higher institution is not meant for everybody but if you intend going further after the training, you can take the jamb and it should last 3 years.
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by hollowpot15684(m): 11:43am On Nov 26, 2015
Joeself1:
When he knows there will be a decrease in their income yearly,but on a serious note,I don't support the 3 years validity, how would a candidate gain admission 3 years after writing jamb,he/she will have forgotten what he/she read for the exams and post jamb is not as intensive as jamb...moreover,it will be a matter of who knows who,what even guarantee that the candidates will still be admitted before the expiration of the results.

Its not necessarily that way, forget about insensitive, if its all about that then u shouldn't b allowed to write jamb 5years after writing waec/neco.
This ideal will really save cost and life and will also expose candidate to vocational training while waiting instead of focus on re-writing exam every year..
-It will also make higher institutions richer.
-It will reduce psychological stress.
-and favor the poor.

1 Like

Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Joeself1(m): 11:46am On Nov 26, 2015
hollowpot15684:

Its not necessarily that way, forget about insensitive, if its all about that then u shouldn't b allowed to write jamb 5years after writing waec/neco.
This ideal will really save cost and life and will also expose candidate to vocational training while waiting instead of focus on re-writing exam every year..
-It will also make higher institutions richer.
-It will reduce psychological stress.
-and favor the poor.
I agree with you bro

1 Like

Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by kode12: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2015
Nigerians are just too sentimental,they allow it cloud logical thinking.Jamb isn't a life time achievement award its an aptitude test,a certificate isn't even issued.How can you tell that a person who wrote jamb 3yrs ago shd still gain admission with the same results,when he most likely would have forgotten all that he had learnt,he'd only make a mess of himself if that should be.FYI even if Jamb okays this process most universities will stylishly blacklist all those using archaic results and that in itself would defeat the process.I'm not against Jamb reducing the fees or totally scrapping the scheme but extending validity for 3yrs is jusy absurd. If you too know book dem for admt you first time.
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Mykelpato(m): 11:57am On Nov 26, 2015
End time jamb
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by nigeriancuban: 11:59am On Nov 26, 2015
Good notion,even if it doesn't increase the admission chances,it I'll at least reduce the level of cash scammed from an unadmitted student...
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by kolaaderin: 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
Joeself1:

If Waec could be valid for ever, jamb can do better. The man is only fighting for his pocket, jamb should be valid
For 3 years so as to allow students to select what is good for them base on score I.e choice of institution and course of study. Not a situation where u actually have a good score of 220 but ur choice of school and course in real sence average at 240 hence denying u admission for the year and next year could as well be the same story. With 220 lost this year could be use for another year admission into University of lesser cut off marks with the same desearred course.
With this there will be bridge in gap of the children from rich and connected families and that of the poor, there will be a reduction in the case of two student have the same score and one was admitted because of his father's influence, poor man can also take on the same chance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Funkybabee(f): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
me,am fed up about this crazy things call jamb, I done last year no admission this year also I scored 208 in it beat utme mark still no admission am tired of staying at home I think the best it is that they should extend it

am not in the mood
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by kolaaderin: 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
Funkybabee:
me,am fed up about this crazy things call jamb, I done last year no admission this year also I scored 208 in it beat utme mark still no admission am tired of staying at home I think the best it is that they should extend it

am not in the mood
Just a typical example of why 3years should be valid, with 208 u could opt for a different University with lesser cut off or rethink ur choice of course, by this u will surely be admitted into an institution not wasting ur score when someone with 180 in the same exam got admitted else where hence coming to labour market ahead of students with better brains still at home wasting away without admission.
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by cowgirl9090: 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
teeboila:
Let them scrap this JAMB and let every institution conduct its own entrance exam, enough of this duplication of aptitude test and exam fee.

The later will be more disastrous
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Kingbusssy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
In my own view, I think They should let every institutions conduct there exams themselves. no more jamb stuff
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Paulchris(m): 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
Seunaj05:
Can u imagine not getting admission for 3years without study because u have already passed JAMB? Na only JAMB de compel admission seekers to freshening their memory. This bill will only make our admission seekers a whole much lazy. The Senate can pass a more effective bill
post-ume still dey nah
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
Rexceedo:
bla bla bla!
Cos ur child no dy 9ja dey school na....
9ja a country where admission doesn't depends depend on Merit
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Rexphobia(m): 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
richidinho:
if a child is not able to secure admission in the first year, He/She can use the same jamb result to apply in the second and third year instead of sitting for another exam.

is that too much Mr. Jambi Ojerinde?
grin

Nice idea, but what if your score was way too low and you were far below the cut off mark in the first year, second and third?
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Lilliana Akah, A Talented 13-Year-Old Nigerian Who Has Written 9 Books / Patience Thomas, Taraba Student Dies In Hostel After Complaining Of Headache / ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.