Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Doctor Found Practising For 33 Years With Expired Licence In Osi, Kwara State. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Doctor Found Practising For 33 Years With Expired Licence In Osi, Kwara State. (880 Views)

See How Fake Woman Doctor Found Herself Behind Prison Bars( Photo) / Expired Drips Are Repackaged In Onitsha & Dates Changed (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Doctor Found Murdered 2 Days After She Went Missing(Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Found Practising For 33 Years With Expired Licence In Osi, Kwara State. by ebonyzawadi: 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
The Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) has read Riot Acts to erring private medical practitioners engaging in unwholesome practices in Kwara State to desist or face sanction. Speaking with journalists during inspection/monitoring of private hospitals in Osi, Ekiti Local Government Area of the state, the head of inspectorate of the council, Dr. Henry Okwukeye, said the council was determined to sanitise health sector and practitioners to reduce deaths among the people. "People have no regard for the rule of law. The era of impunity is gone and far gone. Any doctor practising anywhere without a licence is violating Nigerian laws and the arm of the law will soon fall on them. The penalty is dependent on the gravity of offence. It ranges from suspension to fines, imprisonment and withdrawal of certificates," he said. The MDCN team, comprising director medical services, state Ministry of Health and policemen discovered a medical practitioner who had refused to renew his license since 1982 (Dr Nana- an Igbo Man). The medical practitioner had allegedly been practising medicine illegally and without renewing his license for 33 years at Osi town in Ekiti Local Government Area of the state. Dr. Okwukeye, who said the inspection visit was informed by a petition written to alert the council that many people had died from surgery in the hospital, added that despite quality equipment in the hospital, the doctor had inadequate qualified medical personnel and did not employ qualified nurses.

- See more at: http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=15775#sthash.y8OaQCwZ.dpuf

1 Share

Re: Doctor Found Practising For 33 Years With Expired Licence In Osi, Kwara State. by captainking(m): 11:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
Damn... I know that doctor.. I served in osi and I was treated by that doctor.. It's the same doctor nysc appointed to cater for corpers health.. God save us all
Re: Doctor Found Practising For 33 Years With Expired Licence In Osi, Kwara State. by holadguy(m): 11:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
May Almighty God safe us from Biafra people, they won't just let Nigeria rest with their atrocities
Re: Doctor Found Practising For 33 Years With Expired Licence In Osi, Kwara State. by Exponental(m): 7:48am On Nov 27, 2015
holadguy:
May Almighty God safe us from Biafra people, they won't just let Nigeria rest with their atrocities
must you be tribalistic? which tribe is innocent of crimes? that doctor might be the first practicing doctor in that area and might have saved many medical situations.

I think he didn't upgrade because he felt he is not making much and being a rural settlement, no one will care.
Re: Doctor Found Practising For 33 Years With Expired Licence In Osi, Kwara State. by joyandfaith: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2015
useless mdcn. just after money. regulatory body that cannot protect interests of young doctors.

(1) (Reply)

How I Escaped From UK, US, Prisons - Ex-drug Courier / How I Was Defrauded / A Letter To Abia State Governor And Warning To Abians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.