Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Plantain Farming Escapade. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Plantain Farming Escapade. (912 Views)

How To Start Plantain Farming In Nigeria / Between Plantain Farming And Cashew Farming, Which Is More Profitable? / Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plantain Farming Escapade. by globatop: 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Compliments to nairalanders, agric section, your thread and post has been a motivator in my escapade in agriculture, especially plantain plantation.

I have read most thread and post on agric section from page to page, I appreciated all the contributions of members, though some of their assertions are at variance in reality at my location in Ode-Omu Osun state.

The most challenging aspect of my plantain plantation project has been labor, where the non indigens (referred to as Cotonue) would not do jobs to commensurate their daily earnings estimated at #1,500.00. Breakdown, transportation #300, feeding #200 while actual Labour charge is #1,000

Their mission in ode Omu is not actually for casual job persee, but to cultivate pepper and tomato, hence if you hire them for a day, they'll still go to their farm by 2pm at most. And if you hire them for the whole year, they'll work for about ten months for #120,000, such is not suitable for a new farm without inflow.
The indigens (youth) engage on hunting and Okada work, hence Labour is precarious.

After expending fund I intend to weed 2 acres of land on just one acre, I decided to go solo, so from planing, planting to application of herbicides was done by me.
I'll be frank, it has not been easy, am just been motivated by the analysis I read on nairaland and a friend who has been on the job for upward of 5years. Plucking of corn (less than a bag) took me a whole day, one full bag of corn was priced #1,000 in the market, i.e the corn, Labour and transportation is less than #1,000.

The progress so far is as seen on the pix, waiting for Good products, because the Labour has been so intensive.

Re: Plantain Farming Escapade. by OkuDiOver1(f): 8:03am On Nov 27, 2015
wao following

1 Like

Re: Plantain Farming Escapade. by Olumide2015: 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
Am from Modakeke and i married from Ode-omu,pls i need a very fertile land in ode-omu.Kindly contact me on whatsapp through this number incase if there's any 08033794361,call:08087841001

(1) (Reply)

350 Kg/h Frozen Meat Slicing Machine For Making Meat Slices / Hybrid Oil Palm Sprouted Nut / Graded Mahindra Tractor For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.