Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

BLACK Friday Is A White Lie - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / BLACK Friday Is A White Lie (867 Views)

50% Off Of Infinix Hot 2 On Black Friday At Jumia. Get Set / What Would You Buy On Black Friday? by JumiaBazaar / What Are You Going To Buy On Black Friday? By Wisdomkosi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by Acutex: 3:13am On Nov 27, 2015
Lying on my bed... The time is 11:58 pm. Two minutes to go.. My dream phone would be mine, or so I think. Fast forward a little..

It is 12:00... I connect my power bank and enable my data.. Jumia here I come. Like a deer searching for water... I'm going through the catalogues.. With bloodshot eyes... I'm looking for my phone... Jumia said 90%off.. So with 12000 or less, I can buy a phone supposed to be worth 23500naira.. After few minutes of searching, the scales fall from my eyes.. Nwanne there's nothing like Santa... No free meal even in Free town.

The prices are all the same. Just inflated and deflated and a percentage slapped across.. I think to myself.. Not only Lai Mohammed can lie.

Black Friday might be a time prices fall.. But just like snow, it doesn't fall in Africa. If you compared the prices on any other "white day" and on the Black Friday, you'd know what I'm saying.. In conclusion, it's a scam and the Black Friday is a White Lie.

3 Likes

Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by Mrhansel(m): 3:26am On Nov 27, 2015
Yeah, even on Konga i didn't see any catchy deal. Baolida bag i bought 4,800 on normal day discount was 8k in YAKATA
Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by Codedzng: 3:30am On Nov 27, 2015
Op... U r very correct
Misleading people
Mtcheewwwe.......
Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by rogerz: 3:35am On Nov 27, 2015
Just checked Jumia and Konga now, those sites are SCAM…. No reduction at all if you have been checking their price recently you’ll find discover what am talking about. Too bad!

For instance, item sold for N3500 on a normal day I expect to be lesser on Back Friday, I saw same N3500 as reduction and now N6,500 as regular... Just imagine awon werey OLE
Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by Acutex: 3:50am On Nov 27, 2015
Been shuffling through Konga and Jumia... Instead of discounts, Jumia app is acting up sef... Several items having the same prices...

Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by Incredibleme: 3:56am On Nov 27, 2015
twas a waste of time, this black friday. sha i managed to buy a washing maching, that was the cheapest thing to buy.
Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by Acutex: 4:01am On Nov 27, 2015
Going back to bed joor.. Lies whiter than snow... On a black Friday. @lalasticlala
Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by adedam007(m): 4:12am On Nov 27, 2015
Op one like to u
Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by onismate: 4:39am On Nov 27, 2015
same thing happened last year. I have told my sister to hold on first, she shouldn't try buying anything because I don't trust all this Nigerian ecommerce companies. that was why I was never moved when the advert was everywere about the black Friday. which black Friday! Black Friday koh, purple Sunday nih..
Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by spicy244(f): 5:48am On Nov 27, 2015
Yea @Op ,black+white lies....I was arguing with a colleague yesterday that they cant take up to 90% off but he said they will....Moreso, i've been battling with jumia but cant connect any longer

So sure some people will be fooled by those prices. .Don't know when we can be real for once in this county
Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by Mariecakes(f): 6:06am On Nov 27, 2015
Do they think we won't notice?? Nigerians have suffered. They really think we are foolish...the washing machine I bought for 30k is still 30k, they just added an old price of "45k" n claim 15k discount..Everything I had bought on jumia and Konga still have the same price as the discount with ridiculous "Original price"
Re: BLACK Friday Is A White Lie by Daniel007b: 7:47am On Nov 27, 2015
Sunday nih..

(1) (Reply)

HTC M7 With 2gb Ram And 32gb Rom / S10 Plus Needed At An Affordable Amount / New Starcomms Modem + Active Night Plan Till 8/11 For Just 14k!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.