Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week (1035 Views)

Andy Uba Stops At Uga, Takes Lunch With Pupils Of Girls High School Uga / Biafra: Women Go Nude In Abiriba, Abia To Protest Against Soldiers (Video, Pics) / FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by obayaya(m): 7:59am On Nov 27, 2015
I just saw this news on the Guardian and I began to wonder what is wrong with our leaders. Why create an unnecessary programme that will increase the financial burden of the state in this trying times?

Under its Universal Basic Education Provisions, the Abia State government has said it has commenced a pilot arrangement to feed 30,000 primary school pupils three times in a week in 10 Local Council Areas.

Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Comrade Bonnie Iwuoha said this yesterday, while addressing journalists on the decisions taken at the state’s weekly Executive Council meeting, noting that pupils are to be fed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

He added that after taking critical look at the major challenges affecting Abians, the executive council has decided on revitalizing all the 52 Water Schemes and installation of streetlights along roads in Umuahia, Aba and Ohafia.

He said the new government house and new workers Secretariat premises are to be powered by Solar energy and that new markets are to be provided with modern conveniences, covered roofs, Police post, motor parks, fire service posts, among others, to bring them to international standards.

On the state roads, he said that the council applauded on going reconstruction and rehabilitation on 42 roads in Aba, Ohafia and Umuahia and that by the end of the dry season, roads leading to Aba would have been completed.

Noting that the Works Commissioner has been directed to liaise with his federal counterpart to accelerate repairs of dilapidated roads, he said there are plans between the state and its neighbor, Akwa Ibom, to jointly rehabilitate shared federal roads.

He also said that all the Local Councils have been directed to grade at least ten kilometers of roads within their domains, adding that the state is boosting agriculture with an integrated farming programme with focus on palm produce, cocoa, root and tuber production and palm planting.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/abia-to-feed-30000-pupils-thrice-per-week/
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Teewhy2: 8:00am On Nov 27, 2015
Hello fellow Nairalanders am seeking your vote to help my baby Enyijuoluwa Aviela Adekoya win My Cussons Baby Moments competition by clicking on this link https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details/578 be part of her success story by voting for her, as a vote from you means a lot in winning this competition and a win for this baby Nairalander is a win for all Nairalanders. We are banking on over 2million fellow Nairalanders for your votes to win this competition.
Kindly vote once and share to your friends for their votes. Thanks for the anticipated votes #CussonsBabyMoments
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by benedictnsi(m): 8:02am On Nov 27, 2015
Operation Feed The Children grin
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Basildvalour(m): 8:04am On Nov 27, 2015
...And her workers are still being owed salaries for months.

God Help Abia!
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by kodded(m): 8:05am On Nov 27, 2015
buhari you see your life
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by politricks: 8:05am On Nov 27, 2015
#Prayforabia
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by ZeroTolerance: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2015
Use the money to build and repair roads. Food is not the problem of that state. This is just an avenue to embezzle funds.
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2015
I see nothing wrong with it.. Nice policy
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by 1shortblackboy: 8:15am On Nov 27, 2015
Adaure4ever:
sister how is this a nice policy undecided dem no go chop for house? D governor is creating more financial burden for the state. There are salaries to be paid. Capital projects to be done and ur supporting stomach infrastrucure. E go end up like that mad Yoruba man... What's that his name again oh Aregbesola
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2015
1shortblackboy:
sister how is this a nice policy undecided dem no go chop for house? D governor is creating more financial burden for the state. There are salaries to be paid. Capital projects to be done and ur supporting stomach infrastrucure. E go end up like that mad Yoruba man... What's that his name again oh Aregbesola
ur rite tho.
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by obayaya(m): 8:17am On Nov 27, 2015
Adaure4ever:

These parents have been feeding their wards well prior to this. What's the point of this policy. because from where i stand, this isn't gonna solve any problem, it will only create more at a huge cost to the government.
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2015
Of all the blueprints listed on the resolution, it's the feeding of the vunerable and disadvantaged few that caught vanguardngr attention?

Nonetheless, those Abians living in the boundary areas with Akwaibom who are hybrid of Igbo and Ibibio deserve special attention and education empowerment.

This policy of feeding should be conditional and only for the disadvantaged population.

This reminds me of the compulsory feeding programme in federal medical centre Owerri where expectant mothers and prenatal emergency wards are fed with miliky and lipton or pap and 3 balls of akara for N1700 a day when the said patients have complan, overtine and more balanced and healthy beverages/ foods in their cardboards.
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 27, 2015
Adaure4ever:
ur rite tho.
I asked you a question
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 27, 2015
blublahd:
I asked you a question
when and whats the question, dear
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
Adaure4ever:
when and whats the question, dear
What's your English name
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 27, 2015
blublahd:
What's your English name
lol. Y do you want to know?
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 27, 2015
Adaure4ever:
lol. Y do you want to know?
You look familiar...
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2015
blublahd:
You look familiar...
really, where re u 4rm?
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2015
Adaure4ever:
really, where re u 4rm?
Answer the question first.
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 27, 2015
blublahd:

Answer the question first.
u said I look familiar, so where re u 4rm? Let me know if I have seen u b4
Re: Abia To Feed 30,000 Pupils Thrice Per Week by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2015
Adaure4ever:
u said I look familiar, so where re u 4rm? Let me know if I have seen u b4
Never mind.

(1) (Reply)

Most Biafran Agitators Did Not Witness The Civil War- Ezeemo / We Did Not Collect N50m From Dasuki’s Arms Deal Money – NGE / 10 Biggest Corruption Cases That Shook Nigeria In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.