Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians (2303 Views)

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG / Ohaneze Tells Rev. Mbaka To Stop Giving Spiritual Poison / Nigeria Police Now As Servant Boys To Politicians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by OneNaija(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2009
I think if all Foreign Embassy should stop giving Visa to Politician then I think Our Problem will solve Immediately. Those Politician fly Abroad for Medical treatment and Vacation and spend as much time as they like and come back to Nigeria to loot more billion of Dollars again.If those Embassy stop giving those Politician Visa then I think they will look for solution in the country than wasting and looting billions to Foreign country.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by SubMacGun(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2009
What kind of dumb thread is this - No wonder Nigeria is moving backwards.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by Badriyyah(f): 6:14pm On May 26, 2009
lol, As crazy as this sounds. I agree with stop flying them out for Medical treatment. That way they can focus on making better Hospitals for Nigeria, Useless politicians.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by ikeyman00(m): 6:16pm On May 26, 2009
sub-machine

stay away from politics section

this is not meant for morons
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by SubMacGun(m): 6:17pm On May 26, 2009
ikeyman00:

sub-machine

stay away from politics section

this is not meant for morons

I will surely stay - cause of morons like u
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 26, 2009
Lmao, what a suggestion cheesy
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by gamechange(m): 6:50pm On May 26, 2009
@poster

I hate to burst your bubble, but from what I know of Nigerians, if embassies stop giving politicians visa, all the politicians will say "after a big bowl of 'swallow' and stockfish" is that if Mohammed cannot go to the mountain, the Mountain must surely come to Mohammed.

That will simply mean more stolen billions of dollars to pay for the medically equipped private jet that will fly the German doctors to 9ja.

I can hear many politicians chanting ' Lord will make a way where there seems to be no way, he walks in ways we cannot see, , "

Remember if God is for them who can be against them

Or do you think the politicians dont call on God too.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by OneNaija(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2009
Lol
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by dnex(m): 6:55pm On May 26, 2009
I will try not to insult anybody here, but we should know that other countries are interested in the kind of money you can bring over to them. That's why they always want to check your bank balance before they assoue your visa; forget about any reason they give.

Now, if these ambassadors hear that Nigerian politicians are corrupt and are looking for where to spend their stolen wealth, they'll definitely grant it with immediate alacrity. In fact, I believe lesser known countries like Ukraine will soon be going to politicians' houses to lobby them into travelling to their own country. Welcome to the real world.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by ikeyman00(m): 7:06pm On May 26, 2009
submacgun

if i tell u that emm u are a slowpoke

u think this is an understatement

but if u have any doubt i think this evenin is the answer!!

thread on front page

so submac desist from killing our wildlife, through shootin ur gun plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

we need those monkies for tourism advancement
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by SubMacGun(m): 7:08pm On May 26, 2009
@ikey

are those people your uncles
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by OhGrey(m): 7:31pm On May 26, 2009
I agree with Dnex, the world out there is a huge market place. If the 'moralist' nations like US, Germany & Etc. can afford to do that cos they are rich already, countries like india and other smaller more organized countries (heck even Ghana is there and the last I heard u dont need a visa to go there) need the money. Call it globalization, free trade and so on , they all need the hard currency if u can afford it.

I think the best way will be to blow there planes outta of the sky 24 hrs style (LOL), but the mut******kers can still bus down or walk to places like Ghana , Shit!!!!

Let me think first, LOL
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by MrCrackles(m): 7:37pm On May 26, 2009
OneNaija:

I think if all Foreign Embassy should stop giving Visa to Politician then I think Our Problem will solve Immediately. Those Politician fly Abroad for Medical treatment and Vacation and spend as much time as they like and come back to Nigeria to loot more billion of Dollars again.If those Embassy stop giving those Politician Visa then I think they will look for solution in the country than wasting and looting billions to Foreign country.

I dont think this will solve the problems Nigeria has!

The problem with Nigeria is Nigerians themselves, so how is a foreign embassy or a consulate going to help?
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On May 26, 2009
Oh please!!! I bet you if that happened, we would be the first to play the "RACISM" card, and quickly blame them for any new problems we create during the period of the ban.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by yommyuk: 7:55pm On May 26, 2009
why should the foreign embassies stop giving politicians be given visas? angry

I disagree with the poster. My reasons

How will the nigerian economic fraud commission be able to prove that they brought stolen loot abroad.
tongue
How will the airport CCTV be able to catch the theives on camera? cool

How will they be able to buy more real estate abroad?

How will the politicians be able to prove that they are real nigerians (investing their loot on behalf of the govt and the people without due approval) cool

How will the theives be able to buy their wives designer wears to show off to their counterparts in abuja?

Poster are u a enemy of their selfish progress?
grin

I beg more visaS for the BARAWOS cheesy
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by Jairzinho(m): 8:18pm On May 26, 2009
The poster has a point,if you don't agree,simply articulate your contrary view,don't insult people. . .

@POSTER,
es as unrealisable your suggestion might be,it would help our country if politicians could be stuck here(with their families of courseĀ  wink )
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by yommyuk: 8:34pm On May 26, 2009
more visas for the barawos wink
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by mechi1: 8:44pm On May 26, 2009

we knw they ar jst a bunch of barawos bt watin we go do?,
are they not nigerians?,
xept it will be stated in th constitution that as soon as they assume office no more travlin out. grin
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by trhymes(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2009
You guys should have explained to the poster the reason why politicians
needs to travel abroad with easy visa pick-up.
You are just abusing him, he doesn't even know the reason why.

The solution to political problems is beyond what you have an idea on.
Just like the old folks, we need to pray hard, only God can make a change.

Even United State of America says every time, in God we trust. cool
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by mechi1: 8:53pm On May 26, 2009
this topic is jst 1 in 1 million
we need Gods intervention,
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by Redman44(m): 8:54pm On May 26, 2009
It won't happen. The Western countries know what they are doing. What they are interested in is meeting their visa targets at their embassies. The money they can make in a year on visa fees remain the bottomline. They also want our visionless leaders to bring money into their economies undecided undecided
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by MaiSuya(m): 8:57pm On May 26, 2009
What exactly do mean by politicans? I think that's too broad a term. 'Political office holders' should be more appropriate.

However, I'm not sure I will agree with such a plan; like any other citizen of this country, they are at liberty to seek treatment anywhere they like as long as its not stolen or government money being used. Moreover, now we have the monitization thingy, they are free to do whatever they like with their money. The days of traveling abroad and then bringing hefty and mostly inflated bills for the FG to defray are over.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 26, 2009
Mai Suya:

What exactly do mean by politicans? I think that's too broad a term. 'Political office holders' should be more appropriate.

However, I'm not sure I will agree with such a plan; like any other citizen of this country, they are at liberty to seek treatment anywhere they like as long as its not stolen or government money being used. Moreover, now we have the monitization thingy, they are free to do whatever they like with their money. The days of traveling abroad and then bringing hefty and mostly inflated bills for the FG to defray are over.

Only u believe what you just wrote. Keeping politicians from traveling abroad as they do is one of the ways to start doing something, bringing back their families is another, hanging corrupt people is another and exiling some is another. God won't keep intervening just like that for Nigerians. We've to do something or take the law into our own hands.Since the politicians and public officer holders won't make laws to restrain them, we should go Iraqi way. Make body guards and amored vehicle a misnomer and police officers will have their uniforms in bags.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by astuto: 9:43pm On May 26, 2009
See eh, it's part of d plan to make politics utterly distasteful so that only those with honest hearts shall be inclined to go into it, not those who have a mind to stealing public funds.

Do u get it? Let's make public office very unattractive. And this is one way.

How dem go dey steal our money go dey buy villas for UK? Dem dey mad? angry
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by proudly9ja(m): 11:18pm On May 26, 2009
@ poster, I feel your frustrations jare

but I think a more feasible solution is for us Nigerians abroad to make it hot for them when they travel abroad no matter the reason. Like some Nigerians are already doing in the UK, Canada, all Nigerians abroad should always stage a prtest match and pelt them with eggs and tomatoes anytime a known thief travels to where we are. I am not saying it will solve our problem but at least, we can freely vent our anger on them. Afterall, OBJ once said that if Nigerians get frustrated, we should carry his photograph and begin to punch it. In this case, no be their photo we wan punch!
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by Builder: 12:32am On May 27, 2009
I dont think refusing those fools visa would solve the problem, the country is already doom, they only think that can make that country great is when words like mismanagement, embezzlement, nepotisim and corruption is replaced by words like accountability transparency and good leadership
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by nazzyon(m): 8:37am On May 27, 2009
It is funny what you will see when you are patient enough to wait and read from other forumites.

Denying politicians the opportunity of traveling out will not solve all the problems we have in this country.

I have got an idea, but the problem I have with that idea is GOD on judgment day because it is a crime. Who will be the sacrificial lamb?

Expect me to mention it? No, I can't because there is gonna be alot of criticism here not only from the the politicians that I know on this forum but from most of the contributors on this forum.

NOTE: [/b]It is not any terrorism shit, nor is it any MEND kinda movement.

[b]Now some will say I am insane.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by Agbalanze(m): 10:23am On May 27, 2009
I dont think that's the solution. The solution is by putting the right people there and how do we achieve that;
1. By flushing out the current Inec chairman.
2. If we can have just 2 political parties that are strong and viable.
3. If we can generally say no 2 corruption.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by kshow1(m): 10:47am On May 27, 2009
Refusing politicians visa will not change anythning in as much as i believe everybody has the right to free movement. what we need do is to look inwands to the kind of people we vote / appoint to political posts.
we still have some sane ones amongst them knowing that most of them are insane with the amount of funds they embezzle or are embezzling and doing nothing for the benefit of the society.
The current Lagos state governor is a living example of a sane politician.
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by onyeben: 12:45pm On May 27, 2009
Death 2 All The Politicians! angry
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by Huey: 1:05pm On May 27, 2009
That still won't stop them from laundering your money,
Re: Foreign Embassies Should Stop Giving Visas To Politicians by dnex(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2009
And please, you people should stop frustrating God by mentioning his name in the Nigerian equation. The solution is in our own hands. Be more proactive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Going, Going, Gone! / Casting Demons Out Of Bakare! By Dimgba Igwe Of Daily Sun / Blog Promises To Expose The Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.