Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? (4961 Views)

Stories Behind Great Hymns.... .pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Called A 'Cultist' Over Sign He Made With Fingers (Photo / Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 07, 2015
OkekeChristian:
Dear raayah,

Jesus the Messiah didn't come to save you from punishment, per se.
He came to save you from YOURSELF!

We were born with a natural inclination to sin, but until we receive the grace to be free, we are doomed to end up in a place of punishment. Now, my dear, take note that God did not create man and provide a place of punishment for man - WE WERE CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD.
Man lost this image, this identity when our first father fell into sin, and thus, has reproduced this trait in all descending generations.

This explains why they "...realized that they were naked, so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves."( Gen. 3:7). They realized they were naked because they had eaten of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and thus, their eyes were opened.
It wasn't God's intention that man should eat of the fruit of good and evil; he simply expected a creature in his image to understand and obey his instruction, but we didn't, the very same way a carnally-minded person can't resist the urge to have immoral sex, or lie.

All this also explains why there is a natural curiosity to dabble into sin, despite warnings from all quarters. It has also been proven that man, on his own accord, can not be free from any sin( lying, fornication, cheating, wild partying, etc), *see if you can prove me wrong* and thus we need this grace, this MESSIAH( the anointed), this free gift despite all our shortcomings and wickedness.
We need to believe that only he can set us free, and once we've accepted this grace, only then do we truly begin to grow into the conformation of what God has created us to be in the first place( Eph. 2:10).

So, there, it isn't from the fire we are being saved, we are being saved from OUR OWN FAULTS.
Now, why should anyone linger? There's a time when Christ will no longer plead.

I implore all( saved or unsaved) who have read this to study Ephesians chapter 2.

May the Almighty, Jehovah, reward our efforts in grace to stay free from sin.
Sincerely yours in the race,
Christian.
So what will happen to people who have not been preached to? who have not had a chance to listen to the gospel and therefore make a choice?
hell or heaven?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by malvisguy212: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2015
neocortex:

He already knows the choices that invalidates any notion of choice.

Your logic is warped, on one hand you believed god created everything
and has power over all but on the other hand you think he is not responsible
for what happens afterall.

If you think he is not human why does he behave and act like humans(the evil cold-hearted one)
most of the time ?

And again when you go for evangelism(I assume you do), why don't you tell your
victims the truth about who that god is instead of qualifying him as a "caring father"
even though he isn't any close to being a father because we all know what father's
does best.
You refuse to preach the true face of god as the man who allows evil to happen and
watches in amusement.

From your comment, are you saying that god was a liar when he
said this:

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7
listen. predestination is where God pre-determined, not the identity of
the saved, but the character of the saved.

What is foreknown by God in these verses? Personal identity? Or Character, purpose & plan?

1 Corinthians 2:7,
"But we speak the WISDOM of God in a mystery,even the hidden wisdom, which
God ordained BEFORE THE WORLD unto our glory:"
Ephesians 1:3-4,
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly
places in Christ: According as HE HATH CHOSEN US IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD , THAT WE SHOULD BE HOLY and without blame before him in love:"

If God already predestined our identity that makes the Devil no enemy for the
saved to worry about, so if
predestined, why beware? ( 1 Peter 5:8 )

Concerning isaiah 45:7:
evil is not really a created thing. You can't see, touch, feel, smell or hear evil. It is not one of the fundamental forces of physics, nor does it consist of matter, energy, or the spatial dimensions of the universe.

The king James version translated evil used a limited number of medieval manuscripts that did not represent the earliest Alexandrian set of manuscripts.

All the other translation translated word and opposite with the exception of king James . Light is the opposite of darkness but peace is not the opposite of evil. The bible plainly say God is not the author of evil.
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by malvisguy212: 10:47am On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
Wrong!
he allowed evil to exist so he could have an excuse to be the depraved, evil, coldhearted, and wicked being that he is while still garnering support from gullible ones.

people who have not had a chance to hear about his son's death, and therefore, didn't get to make a choice, will go to hell. so where the hell is the choice you're talking about? undecided

Why are robbers evil? after all, they do give you a choice. a clear choice.

1. Give us your belongings.
2. suffer and die.

God gives the exact same set of choices.

1. Give me your belongings.
2. suffer and die.

so why, in your warped mind, do you consider one as good and the other as bad?
answer this. Is it Possible for God to Provide "Partial Free Will" and Eliminate All Evil?

I am busy now.
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
answer this. Is it Possible for God to Provide "Partial Free Will" and Eliminate All Evil?

I am busy now.
Why are you answering question with question?

I thought nothing is impossible for your God? why this question now?

So God can now be evaluated within the realms of possibility and impossibility?

what will we not read on this site?

anyway, I'll answer your question. just to prove that atheists don't do the bullshit of answering questions with answers. grin

Yes, it is possible for God to provide partial free will while eliminating all evil.

Proof : Luke 1:37.
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by hahn(m): 11:34am On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
Why are you answering question with question?

I thought nothing is impossible for your God? why this question now?

So God can now be evaluated within the realms of possibility and impossibility?

what will we not read on this site?

anyway, I'll answer your question. just to prove that atheists don't do the bullshit of answering questions with answers. grin

Yes, it is possible for God to provide partial free will while eliminating all evil.

Online and offline theists are used to replying questions with questions. I wonder what they learn in that holy book of theirs if not manners undecided
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

Online and offline theists are used to replying questions with questions. I wonder what they learn in that holy book of theirs if not manners undecided

If they don't answer with questions, they will answer with an incredibly large post filled with lots of nonsense and straw man arguments which will usually end in, accept Jesus or burn. if they don't do that, they will call the person a fool. a direct contradiction of what their bible teaches them. and if you make it through all these by maintaining your cool and forging through, they will use the "you mean you came out of nothing?" argument and other related ones. they will then finish with a pascal's wager.
so annoying. grin

In a completely unrelated issue, I decided to do something funny. I messed with a christian hymn and changed the wordings. just three words. jesus to darken rahl, isreal to d'hara and angels to wizards.

1. All hail the pow’r of Darken Rahl’ Name!
Let Wizards prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem,
And crown Him Lord of all!
2. Ye chosen seed of D'Hara’s race,
Ye ransomed from the fall,
Hail Him Who saves you by His grace,
3. Let every kindred, every tribe,
On this terrestrial ball,
To Him all majesty ascribe,
4. Oh, that with yonder sacred throng
We at His feet may fall!
We’ll join the everlasting song,

see how shockingly similar Darken Rahl and God is? shocked shocked
see? I always knew the Guy was a Good guy. angry
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by hahn(m): 11:57am On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:

If they don't answer with questions, they will answer with an incredibly large post filled with lots of nonsense and straw man arguments which will usually end in, accept Jesus or burn. if they don't do that, they will call the person a fool. a direct contradiction of what their bible teaches them. and if you make it through all these by maintaining your cool and forging through, they will use the "you mean you came out of nothing?" argument and other related ones. they will then finish with a pascal's wager.
so annoying. grin

In a completely unrelated issue, I decided to do something funny. I messed with a christian hymn and changed the wordings. just three words. jesus to darken rahl, isreal to d'hara and angels to wizards.

1. All hail the pow’r of Darken Rahl’ Name!
Let Wizards prostrate fall;
2. Ye chosen seed of D'Hara’s race,
3. Let every kindred, every tribe,
4. Oh, that with yonder sacred throng
We at His feet may fall!

see how shockingly similar Darken Rahl and God is? shocked shocked
see? I always knew the Guy was a Good guy. angry

I wish I could relate but I don't know any christian song undecided
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

I wish I could relate but I don't know any christian song undecided
This is the original song,

All hail the pow’r of Jesus’ Name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Ye chosen seed of Israel’s race,
Let every kindred, every tribe,
Oh, that with yonder sacred throng
We at His feet may fall!

apparently being such a dick that wants the whole word to fall at his feet is okay if you are god . . .
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by hahn(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
This is the original song,

All hail the pow’r of Jesus’ Name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Ye chosen seed of Israel’s race,
Let every kindred, every tribe,
Oh, that with yonder sacred throng
We at His feet may fall!

apparently being such a dick that wants the whole word to fall at his feet is okay if you are god . . .

Sorry, still don't know it but god has always been known to be an attention seeker tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by malvisguy212: 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:

So, the only way to eliminate all evil is to actually restrict the functioning of the human mind ? , in other words, restrict free will. So, all claims by atheists that God could prevent all evil choices, but allow free will are specious. In reality, the atheists'
"solution" has taken away human free
will and turned human beings into robots. Although it solves the problem of evil, it destroys the primary reason why God created the universe in the first place , to allow free will beings the
choice of loving or rejecting Him. God
finds such a "solution" unacceptable
(Why create a universe in which its
primary purpose is unattainable?).

However, this kind of evil-free universe
does exist for those who want it and
choose it in this universe. It is called
heaven.

Nothing is impossible with God, however this does not mean God will act in a way that will contradicte His purpose. Nothing is impossible with Teempakguy, does it mean you will act contrary to your plan?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by malvisguy212: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
^^ Teempakguy The laws of physics of our universe actually do prevent large amounts of evil that could have been committed by human beings had those laws been different. For example, extending human life spans to hundreds or thousands of years would have resulted in evil people living longer and having more time to devise more evil schemes to perpetrate on their fellow human beings.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by ayodele123(m): 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
Read Matthew 1:21 for the answer
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by orisa37: 9:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
When you have eternal life you are safe and only Jesus, when you believe in him, can give you eternal life. Eternal life is salvation.
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
So, the only way to eliminate all evil is to actually restrict the functioning of the human mind ? , in other words, restrict free will. So, all claims by atheists that God could prevent all evil choices, but allow free will are specious. In reality, the atheists'
"solution" has taken away human free
will and turned human beings into robots. Although it solves the problem of evil, it destroys the primary reason why God created the universe in the first place , to allow free will beings the
choice of loving or rejecting Him. God
finds such a "solution" unacceptable
(Why create a universe in which its
primary purpose is unattainable?).

However, this kind of evil-free universe
does exist for those who want it and
choose it in this universe. It is called
heaven.

Nothing is impossible with God, however this does not mean God will act in a way that will contradicte His purpose. Nothing is impossible with Teempakguy, does it mean you will act contrary to your plan?
What do you mean by "the only way?"

God is not restricted to one way everything is possible for him. he can decide to do anything he wants without contradicting himself.

dude, what the _fuck do you think omnipotence means? or do you just regurgitate what your pastors tell you?
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by malvisguy212: 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
What do you mean by "the only way?"

God is not restricted to one way everything is possible for him. he can decide to do anything he wants without contradicting himself.

dude, what the _fuck do you think omnipotence means? or do you just regurgitate what your pastors tell you?
alright.
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by armadeo(m): 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
neocortex:

He already knows the choices that invalidates any notion of choice.

I have been thinking about this concept of choice and outcomes for awhile now.

Is it choice when I already know the outcome?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 09, 2015
winner01:
Its pointless replying such people, they claim christianity is nonsense, it disturbs them so much that they cant stop talking about it.
Its a form of evangelism though unfortunately, they arnt sure what they are evangelising.

Its pointless replying disturbed people, we can only pray for them.

When you stop ramming your God notion down our throats we will be quiet about our own "evangelism".
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by winner01(m): 12:37am On Dec 09, 2015
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by winner01(m): 12:40am On Dec 09, 2015
neoapocalypse:

When you stop ramming your God notion down our throats we will be quiet about our own "evangelism".
Oh Sorry, i didnt realise i was "ramming your God notion" on the irreligion section.

There goes your hate and desperation undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:40am On Dec 09, 2015
winner01:
Sorry, i didnt realise i was on the irreligion section.

Hey neo ... hey neoy , he neowiski ... you got BURNED grin

@neoapocalypse:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by winner01(m): 12:45am On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

@neoapocalypse:
lol, hows school bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:54am On Dec 09, 2015
winner01:
lol, hows school bro.

I thank God , thanks for asking . We don close sha . I'm staying for Shiloh tho smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by winner01(m): 12:59am On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I thank God , thanks for asking . We don close sha . I'm staying for Shiloh tho smiley
You welcome bruh, You go dey sango-ota for Shiloh?
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:02am On Dec 09, 2015
@winner01 - bro , howz everything and I hope you're good

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:04am On Dec 09, 2015
winner01:
You welcome bruh, You go dey sango-ota for Shiloh?

Ya till thursday tho . There's accommodation for students staying for shiloh , so na for sch wey I dey
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by winner01(m): 1:05am On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@winner01 - bro , howz everything and I hope you're good
I thank God bruh, everythings fine.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by winner01(m): 1:05am On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Ya till thursday tho . There's accommodation for students staying for shiloh , so na for sch wey I dey
which school you @ bruh?
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 09, 2015
raayah:
Why is Jesus called a savior when all he is doing is saving you from the punishment he gave you?

God created heaven and earth and all that is within. Why are we being Saved from something that God created in the first place.
Salvation is not just from hell. It's also salvation from the rule of the powers of darkness, the gods of our ages, hence scriptures like this;

Daniel 9:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit...

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

That is the idea of Salvation. When we say, now, that we are saved, we mean we've been translated to a different realm. From bondage under the Principalities of darkness, to freedom under the Principality of Peace.

The translation will be permanent at the end. We still live through seasons, some full of darkness while this age persists.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:28am On Dec 09, 2015
winner01:
which school you @ bruh?

Covenant Uni ... so its easier for me to go to services . You coming ?
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:29am On Dec 09, 2015
winner01:
I thank God bruh, everythings fine.

smiley
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

@neoapocalypse:

*the retard squad is here*

By your own submissions it is you who has booked a place in hell not me.
Re: Why Is Jesus Called A Savior ? by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2015
winner01:
Oh Sorry, i didnt realise i was "ramming your God notion" on the irreligion section.

There goes your hate and desperation undecided

You are as thick as a bucket of lard , is it only on the religion section you guys get annoying with your God delusion ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Lust Wrong Even In Marriage? / God's Power:::michael Sambo Dead Or Alive? / Why I Am An Aborisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.