Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. (1549 Views)

Nigeria Will Burn If I Am Re-Arrested - Nnamdi Kanu / Why Blogger Emenike Iroegbu Was Arrested - Abia Govt / Dickson Iroegbu: "Should Nnamdi Kanu Be Harmed, Nigeria Shall Burn" (2) (3) (4)

Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by FireE: 7:09am On Nov 28, 2015
"I do not believe in an
independent Biafra, but I
defend freedom of speech and
equality," Nigerian film-maker
Dickson Iroegbu toldIBTImes
UK. Iroegbu has come under
fire in the past few days after
he posted a comment on
Facebook saying that if
anything happened to
controversial Briafran leader
Nnamdi Kanu - currently
detained by the state service
(DSS) in Abuja - Nigeria "will
burn"
Kanu is the director of Radio
Biafra and leader of the
Indigenous People of Biafra
(Ipob). He was arrested in
Lagos in October on charges
of criminal conspiracy,
intimidation and belonging to
an unlawful society. He
pleaded not guilty.
"Some people thought my post
was a threat, but it's not,"
Iroegbu said."I do not
support the independence of
Biafra, but I believe that Kanu
should not have been arrested
for simply exercising freedom
of speech, a right that our
constitution guarantees.
"As long as you are not taking
up arms, you have the right to
say what you want and the
government should initiate
dialogue. There are people
who are confirmed to be
terrorists and are free in
Nigeria, while a young man
who has not in any way
afflicted pain is now being
treated as a terrorist,
according to the news out
there".
Iroegbu reiterated that
although he comes from the
Igbo, the largest ethnic group
in the Biafran territories, he
does not support the calls for
independence. However, he
added that he understands the
frustration of the Igbos, who
he said feel neglected by the
government and
disenfranchised.
"My statement does not have
anything to do with
secession," he said. "My call for
the release of Kanu is simple:
So that we can move our
nation forward. It has nothing
to do with destroying Nigeria.
"Nigeria is a great nation but
the leadership, at the moment,
seems it's not there for the
country. I am an Igbo man and
I understand Igbos'
frustration. Igbos are
discriminated against and they
deserve equity and justice. The
Nigerian governement should
engage with youths in this
country, who are not happy
with the treatment they are
getting."

www.ibtimes.co.uk/biafra-film-maker-dickson-iroegbu-defends-his-nigeria-will-burn-stance-nnamdi-kanu-1530664
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by Ebubeslym(m): 7:11am On Nov 28, 2015
Etere ugba...
Etere Azu....
All i know is that
The Sun Will Continue Rising From The EAST

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by funnynation(m): 7:12am On Nov 28, 2015
k
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by chukjojo(m): 7:14am On Nov 28, 2015
Nonsense
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by luvinhubby(m): 7:15am On Nov 28, 2015
True talk.

Ali Ndume is a senator.
Babagana Mongonu is the NSA
Ali Modu Sheriff is a free ex governor
Buhari is the commander in chief
El-Rufai is a governor
Rilwan Akiolu is still Oba in Lagos

All these men at one point or the other has made similar inflammatory statements or has been accused of complicity with terrorism, why is the guy Kanu been tried for expressing himself which is a basic right enshrined in our constitution for all Nigerians?

NB : I do not support IPOB agitation for secession.

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by FireE: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2015
who are confirmed to be
who has not in any way
treated as a terrorist."[b]"As long as you are not taking
who are confirmed to be
who has not in any way
treated as a terrorist."
who are confirmed to be
who has not in any way
treated as a terrorist."[/b]

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by Samirana360(m): 7:24am On Nov 28, 2015
All hail biafra...... no freedom of speech even on NL....or u wil get ban

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by kasley44(m): 7:24am On Nov 28, 2015
naija no dey practice democracy! Be your own boss. Check my signature!
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by NOBODYY: 7:25am On Nov 28, 2015
You cant even correctly copy & paste

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by kaffy4tope(m): 7:32am On Nov 28, 2015
'You have freedom of speech, but, freedom after speech that I cannot guarantee'

You have said your mind bro, is too late to start denying. If care is not taken, the so called Biafra leaders will end up leading their co-Biafra dundees to jail.

We are one in Nigeria, anyone against that can migrate to Syria for all I care. #EndTimeCitizens...#Awonwerey100%

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by Almaiga: 7:49am On Nov 28, 2015
This man is talking from the both side of his mouth. I am sure someone must have hinted him about the implications of his previous statement, hence his decision to edit the statement.
The fear of DSS..........

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 28, 2015
Ebubeslym:
Etere ugba...
Etere Azu....
All i know is that
The Sun Will Continue Rising From The EAST
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by Nature8(m): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2015
kaffy4tope:
'You have freedom of speech, but, freedom after speech that I cannot guarantee'

You have said your mind bro, is too late to start denying. If care is not taken, the so called Biafra leaders will end up leading their co-Biafra dundees to jail.

We are one in Nigeria, anyone against that can migrate to Syria for all I care. #EndTimeCitizens...#Awonwerey100%

You see your life? undecided
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by Chanchit: 8:04am On Nov 28, 2015
This guy knows nothing about what he's saying.
Freedom of speech is way different from inciting violence and he has committed treason with his comments. I'm sure he would change his stance if they lay just 30mins clips of Nnamdi's comments for him.

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by simplycarro: 8:14am On Nov 28, 2015
This dunce got the heat and recanted. He doesn't know incitement is written in almost 90% of the terrorist Nnmadi Kanu speeches.
The dude is going to rot in jail

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by omoelesa(m): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2015
Any body can say anything in the name of frreedom of speech,but when oba Akiolu spoke in parable concerning lagoon, u people ran to ICP,EFCC,ICC and all the Cs in the world.

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by dazzlingd(m): 9:13am On Nov 28, 2015
So u can spew trash in d name of freedom of speech...pls go to the borno, stand in front of a mosque and curse mohammed...let's see ur head roll.

freedom before speech, but freedom after speech I can't guaranty

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by dazzlingd(m): 9:18am On Nov 28, 2015
Ebubeslym:
Etere ugba... Etere Azu.... All i know is that The Sun Will Continue Rising From The EAST
East is relative,
assuming Biafra sud exist, there wud be eastern, Northern and western Biafra.

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by SegunAdewole: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2015
dazzlingd:

East is relative,
What is this one saying?
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2015
simplycarro:
This dunce got the heat and recanted. He doesn't know incitement is written in almost 90% of the terrorist Nnmadi Kanu speeches.

How can you describe Nnamdi Kanu as a terrorist? How many people has he killed?

He is an activist and a prisoner of conscience.
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by kettykin: 9:58am On Nov 28, 2015
realsammy:
If people call Nigeria a Zoo, or call Buhari a dictator... people gets angry n upset including my self, but now its obvious that Nigeria is a place of lawlessness, and a mockery to Democracy.

where court orders are manipulated n disobeyed,

where Dss has turned to powerful individual attack dogs,

where the executives make mockery of the judiciary.

The nigerian judiciary is dead and a sink hole of hypocrisy and corruption.

If buhari wants to fight corruption then a massive bill for the reorganised judiciary should be contemplated

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by cirmuell(m): 10:34am On Nov 28, 2015
dazzlingd:

East is relative,

gringrin
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by luvinhubby(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2015
omoelesa:
Any body can say anything in the name of frreedom of speech,but when oba Akiolu spoke in parable concerning lagoon, u people ran to ICP,EFCC,ICC and all the Cs in the world.
And why did'nt DSS or police arrest him for that?

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 28, 2015
Another Biafrat coward, what do you honestly expect from Biafrats?

Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by zendy: 11:18am On Nov 28, 2015
Chanchit:
Freedom of speech is way different from inciting violence and he has committed treason with his comments. I'm sure he would change his stance if they lay just 30mins clips of Nnamdi's comments for him.

There is nothing like inciting violence, if there was, all the famouse Gangter rappers you know like snoop Dogg,Dr Dre,Coolio,Eminem would have been in jail for inciting violence in their songs. It is not possible to jail a person based on mere words. Many Nigerians nitwits who don't know the law
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by Chanchit: 11:28am On Nov 28, 2015
zendy:

There is nothing like inciting violence, if there was, all the famouse Gangter rappers you know like snoop Dogg,Dr Dre,Coolio,Eminem would have been in jail for inciting violence in their songs. It is not possible to jail a person based on mere words. Many Nigerians nitwits who don't know the law

SMH. Mr law, pls tell me the American rapper that has label usa a zoo, or tell his fans to kill a particular set of people, encourage his fans to store or donate money to buy ammunition, that's just to mention a few. Oga just go take ur pill.
Re: Dickson Iroegbu Defends His 'nigeria Will Burn' Stance On Nnamdi Kanu. by laudate: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2015
Chanchit:

Don't mind Kanu. He will be hoisted by his own petard. I pray it happens as soon as possible.

simplycarro:

He was feeling cool when he was chanting all those weird comments. I beg, they should fast-track this Kanu's trial. Something tells me it would serve as a watershed or landmark case, on "How to unleash hate-filled missiles against your country, and suffer the consequences of having a big mouth!"

Photo Of First Train Robbery In The Us / Hon. Edward James Roye- First Igbo President In Africa / Are Nigerians Still Saying ‘sai Buhari?’