Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

The Unheard Cry Of Our Two Thousand Youths - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Unheard Cry Of Our Two Thousand Youths (525 Views)

Unemployment In Nigeria, The Unheard Side Of The Heartbreaking Tale. / Nigeria: Two Thousand Immigration Recruits To Protest In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unheard Cry Of Our Two Thousand Youths by Nigeriaisblessed: 10:09am On Nov 28, 2015
When the ruling APC was campaigning in the 2015 election, one of their emphasis was on providing employment for our teeming unemployed youths and they made several promises on tackling this menace.
Based on this and many other promises, Nigerians went out and voted them into power.
Nigerians are now anxiously waiting to see these promises are fulfilled while our youths cannot wait to be provided with something meaningful to do.
A nation that neglects its youths does so at its own peril and Nigeria is one of such countries where hundreds of thousands of young men and women apply for jobs that only a few hundreds are needed.
This time bomb we are sitting on came to fore two years ago during the Nigerian Immigration recruitment exercise where almost a million interested youths came out to scramble for only few hundred placements done under the most bizarre conditions which cost Nigeria the lives of over twenty of its promising youngsters.
The government of former President Goodluck Jonathan realized its mistakes and re-organized another Immigration recruitment exercise this time more humane and met all standards for recruitment, right from the shortlisting of interested candidates, up to the aptitude test, and finally the interview and offer of appointment into the Service.
This was made possible by a Presidential Committee set up by the Presidency under Former President Jonathan. By the time the exercise was over, about two thousand successful and qualified youths were offered appointment into the Nigerian Immigration Service in June 2015 and soon after started training which was to last for three months.
This was not to be as the joy and relief from unemployment was cut short by the government of President Buhari sighting investigation into alleged corrupt activities in the Nigeria Immigration Service as the reason behind the suspension of these two thousand youths.
Unknown to them, they have already been dismissed and not suspended from a job they have not even started. Why would two thousand young men and women drawn from every state and region of Nigeria be made to pay for the sins of some corrupt officers? This is totally unacceptable.
At a time we are still grappling with the problems of insurgency, armed robbery and kidnapping, the least this government can do is not to aggravate our already bad situation because these youngsters have already been trained on how to handle arms and ammunitions and classified information which only officers of the Nigerian Immigration Service are privy to have already been passed on to them as part of their training.
Also millions of tax payers’ money was spent for this exercise and this nation cannot at a time that it is battling with dwindling oil revenue afford to allow that kind of money go as a waste.
The present government of President Buhari might have its grouse with the Jonathan administration but that does not imply that everything the former government did was wrong and should be discarded.
This government must avoid making the mistake of always throwing the baby away with the bath water. We as Nigerians will not accept a situation where our two thousand youths are used as tools for, political vendetta.
They have gone on a peaceful protest twice to the National Assembly where they submitted their petition to the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Nothing till this day.
What is most baffling is the refu Article sal of the Nigerian media to champion their cause and make their case known to the public. Most of these media houses were present at the protest but none reported it.
I am appealing to all Nigerians to stand up against this injustice and call on the Federal Government not to compound our already fragile security and pitiable level of unemployment and reinstate these two thousand youths whose cries have been unheard.
By Hamza Yahaya Yaro
Re: The Unheard Cry Of Our Two Thousand Youths by Nigeriaisblessed: 10:15am On Nov 28, 2015
Mr Seun u must understand that dis is very sensitive issue and must be treated as such. Let dis be move to the front page now. We are talking sacked 2000 employees without reasons from the Federal Government. It will be unreasonable for any sane youth to ignore this or make jest of it. Must slot-sharing be the order of the day When it comes to employment in Federal parastatals? For the very first time the Federal Government conducted the most transparent recruitment exercise and some persons are pained about it.
Re: The Unheard Cry Of Our Two Thousand Youths by Nigeriaisblessed: 10:18am On Nov 28, 2015
I call on unemployed youths to speak up to use various social media to campaign for the reinstatement of these youths so that unemployment can reduce in this country
Re: The Unheard Cry Of Our Two Thousand Youths by Nigeriaisblessed: 10:24am On Nov 28, 2015
Justice must prevail in this country. No going back!
Re: The Unheard Cry Of Our Two Thousand Youths by Nigeriaisblessed: 10:26am On Nov 28, 2015
Cc Barcanista, Chukwu44 dis is the time for you all to speak for us
Re: The Unheard Cry Of Our Two Thousand Youths by franconian: 10:33am On Nov 28, 2015

Why would two thousand young men and women drawn from every state and region of Nigeria be made to pay for the sins of some corrupt officers
Cos these 2k youths would have benefited from these corrupt officers if things worked as planned. You don't need me to tell you that there was nothing transparent about that recruitment.

Well, the Nigerian Govt. does not care about the youths, I wonder why youths still fight and praise these politicians.

OP go and fend for yourself like the Ibo youths... If u dey wait for FG, you go grow white hairs.

*in M.J's voice; "all I wonno say is that they don't really care about us"!
Re: The Unheard Cry Of Our Two Thousand Youths by amicable09(f): 11:10am On Nov 28, 2015
OP, you sound like me, this is my mind you have just expressed. I don't like talking politics because my opinion is always not that of sycophancy, I love to say it as it is bringing out the wrong of our 'leaders'. Leaders who have not been able to lead themselves first, little wonder they take decisions without thinking.

We talk about development in Nigeria but see the reverse, the policies and practices of our government reeks of hypocrisy - no sustainable development in the country, no plans whatsoever for the present generation let alone the survival of the future generation.

But of course we remain hopeful and optimistic, someday things will be better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oluwa Ni Sola Estate Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / Vacancy for dispatch Riders in Lagos. / Waiter Jobs In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.