Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom (1534 Views)

Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government / Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics / Buhari Meets With Nigerian Girls Who Bagged First Class In India (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
If you have tried crossing seme border, share your experience with Nigerian custom officers...
mine was that 12000 naira was extorted from me because I did not have malaria vaccine papers...
cc: lalasticala
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by talktonase(m): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
Chai...12K those custom guys no cost like that nah...you must have been an unfortunate scapegoat
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by alexx187(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
john4reala:
If you have tried crossing seme border, share your experience with Nigerian custom officers...
mine was that 12000 naira was extorted from me because I did not have malaria vaccine papers...
...... It was very easy for me cos i had peeps on ground who can do the whole nine.. U catch ma drift....
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by edolafa(m): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Crossing the border is actually frightening because there is no concrete information. I've heard a lot of sicken reports about seme, how extortion is thriving there. The information I will give here is for those that have proper travel documents which are valid international passport valid for at least 1 year is you are trevelling to an ECOWAS member country and a yellow fever vaccination card obtainable at all Health Centers and General Hospitals Nation wide.

I passed through Idi-Iroko en-route Ghana and I can honestly tell you that idi-Iroko is the best place to go through..... forget Seme. The immigration officers have smiles all over their faces and they are jovial too. To stamp you passport is just N200 only.

On the Benin side it cost N300 Naira to stamp into Benin. Their immigration and police official here don't smile at all they are there for business so just pay and move on.

Depending on the location you are going. Cotonu, Hilla Condji or Togo (Lome) you can get vehicles just after the border gate if you walk forward a bit. Experience will help you spend less getting to your final destination and also getting there faster, the trick is to break up the journey into smaller bits.

On the Hilla Condji border (Benin - Togo) Where you stamp is different to where you pay some stipend. So it looks like it's free but you pay on the Benin side you pay 300cfa same 300cfa on the Togo side totaling 600cfa. Their are money changer by the road side in Benin. I would advice you deal with the older ones just sitting quietly with their calculator. Ignore the younger ones doing the real hustling cus their rate are usually not as good as the older money changers

The worst border point on the west coast which I've personally witnessed is the Togo Aflao side. The touts here are the immigration officers and the police. No matter them amount of valid documents you carry, they still tend to extort you. This point of exit is a very dangerous one. So when you get there smile and be friendly with the "ass hole" you meet and pay him within 500 to 1000cfa if you want to leave in time. Another 500cfa to a fat ass big pot belly police man on the extreme end close to the gate

Finally welcome to Ghana. The stuff with Ghana immigration is that the front to be law abiding so you too can play law abiding too if your papers are complete. Ensure you don't have any illegal substance with or on you, cus right there through a passage way you will walk through you the have serious gadget scanning for different stuffs. Stamping into Ghana with your valid passport would cost you 15ghc (cedis) after stamping to maybe subjected to body and luggage search at 2 points.

This is an account of my recent travel to Ghana by road, by myself. If any event that skipped my mind comes up.... I'll edit this post.

If you have any questions put them up here.

Thanks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by DrAdonis: 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
john4reala:

Loool. Since when has there been malaria vaccine? This is outrightly ridiculous!
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
As far as am concerned most of those guys are criminals and pick pocket.
They searched my wallet, i was looking at them throughout the period they were searching it and 3k still managed to disappear, not to talk of bogus claims that they levelled against me.
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by princemillla(m): 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
Next time u want to cross into seme. Once u get to the border, pick bike 1k. Those bike men will cover you in.

Wenever am going in there, I board bike 1k, 2 people 1500. I don't negotiate with the custom people. On the contrary, it's just 500 to go in the ttho
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 15, 2016
princemillla:
Next time u want to cross into seme. Once u get to the border, pick bike 1k. Those bike men will cover you in.

Wenever am going in there, I board bike 1k, 2 people 1500. I don't negotiate with the custom people. On the contrary, it's just 500 to go in the ttho
wow!! I will try this
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by onatisi(m): 8:14am On Feb 15, 2016
Avoid seme border if you can but If you can't then make sure there is not money when crossing there
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by edolafa(m): 9:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
john4reala:

Malaria vaccine papers..... I never here that one before Ooo. The only vaccine document that I've been using is the yellow fever vaccination card
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by meforyou1(m): 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
john4reala:
what?! I crossed seme border last year Jan with 2 badagry boys that assisted me to buy car in cotonou. For about 1 week that I was there, we were just crossing the border freely. Nobody asking anybody anything
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 24, 2016
meforyou1:
what?! I crossed seme border last year Jan with 2 badagry boys that assisted me to buy car in cotonou. For about 1 week that I was there, we were just crossing the border freely. Nobody asking anybody anything

Its just me
Re: Have You Ever Been To Seme Boarder? Share Your Experience With Nigerian Custom by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 24, 2016
edolafa:

Malaria vaccine papers..... I never here that one before Ooo. The only vaccine document that I've been using is the yellow fever vaccination card
me took I never hear am before...

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Now Is Best Time To Act, World Bank Tells Buhari / APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees / The Real Reason Why Fg Sack Heads Of Nta, Frcn, Nbc,von, Nan,nbc And Noa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.