Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Nigeria At 10 Years Of Uninterrupted Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 10 Years Of Uninterrupted Democracy (968 Views)

Picture Dont Lie-buhari at 10 Downing Street / Shape Village Celebrates One Year Anniversary Of Uninterrupted Power Supply / 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 10 Years Of Uninterrupted Democracy by mankay(m): 9:32am On May 27, 2009
Anything to celebrate?
Re: Nigeria At 10 Years Of Uninterrupted Democracy by Bolarge(m): 10:05am On May 27, 2009
Fashola makes me smile.

I try hard not to think 'bout the rest.
Re: Nigeria At 10 Years Of Uninterrupted Democracy by Eziachi: 10:12am On May 27, 2009
What democracy? You called what they got now democray? Obviously you have no idea what democracy is or is all about. Nigeria has verbal democracy and in practical terms it doesn't exist. What they did was to dress military rule as a democracy by exchanging their green kharki for Agbada and red hat.
The last president was a military officer
The last vice president was customs officer
The present president is brother of former military office and that was the reason he was there
The senate president is pure junta guy
Many of the governors were past military officer or close associate
Almost all your honourable members served the military in one way or another
Minister/commisioner were the same in the junta govt, so what has change.
All the parties are owned and funded by ex military rogues.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Reconstruct, Expand Murtala Muhammed Airport Road / Kidnapped Kaduna State SSG "Two Million Naira Feeding Allowance Already Paid"" / Nigeria's Independence My Ass!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.