Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,251 members, 7,853,275 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:28 PM

The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. (678 Views)

Nigeria Military In Pictures / Rivers Rerun: 3 Fake Soldiers Arrested By Nigerian Military In Bori - Photos / FG To Overhaul NNPC Next Week – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
History has shown that the Nigerian Army only wins when they have overwhelming advantage over the other side. They also sustain astonishingly heavy casualties and this must be looked into as well.

The Biafran war is a good example. The NA struggled for 3yrs with Biafran soldiers who were fighting with bolt action riffles and locally made ogbunigwe. NA took heavier casualties on the battle field and the war was won by starvation of the Biafran side, this in addition to heavy military gear given to Nigeria by the USSR & Great Britain. NA had heavy mobile armour, deadly artllery guns (120mm at that time), ferret cars and a much more advanced airforce. They needed starvation added to all these to get the Biafran surrender.

We have heard many times that our soldiers do well on peace keeping operations and this is not a surprise or something to rejoice about. They usually receive all the necessary heavy military gear from the U.N for those operations that is why they get the upper hand just like the Biafran war. Here again we know we suffered grevious casualties in Liberia & Sierra Leone and up till today, the names of those men have not been put up for us to celebrate them.

More recently we have boko haram. I can recall clearly that during GEJ's tenure, there was a time our soldiers were massively killed by boko haram and they blamed it on delay from the airforce. Now again we have over 100 soldiers killed by boko haram and one begins to wonder what sort of army we have in this country. How could sores of trained soldiers be killed by rag tagged terrorists and they tell us it is because airforce did not cover them? Why then are they trained fighting men different from civilians? Are they telling us that they will only win when their is overwhelming advantage over boko haram like air cover? Boko haram again just killed over 100 soldiers and they are too ashamed to let us know because they have nobody to blame this time.

Are soldiers not expected to be able to hold their ground and fight when they are confronted? Unless ofcourse if the boko haram fighters attacked them in hundreds of thousands or millions which I doubt.

We really need to work on our military because as far as I am concerned, an army that will only win when the odds are in their favour and when they have overwhelming advantage over the other side is not worth its onion.

God help us.
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
cc Shymm3X and other military minded guys.
Lalasticlala
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Bigprozzie: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2015
We are crying for evidence of the death of 106 soldiers!

Who are they?

Did they sign up into the Nigerian Army as Anonymous soldiers?

Dont they have names?

Where were they stationed?

Where are their families?
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Babatundetinubu: 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
The Nigerian army are a group of self sacrificing people who for the sake of the motherland put their lives at risk for us. They must be supported with weapons, equipment but more importantly, our entire population. If not for them, the SE would have been entirely run over by now.
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2015
Bigprozzie:

Who are they?

Dont they have names?

Stop being childish, the government will never let you have those details. Something like this also happened under Jonathan and they blamed it on the airforce.

What of the soldiers we lost in Liberia? Did the government publish their details and where are their families or did they also sign up to join the NA as anonymous soldiers?

Use your head bro.
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Bigprozzie: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Stop being childish, the government will never let you have those details. Something like this also happened under Jonathan and they blamed it on the airforce.

What of the soldiers we lost in Liberia? Did the government publish their details and where are their families or did they also sign up to join the NA as anonymous soldiers?

Use your head bro.

So all the accusations are based on assumptions and speculations? Right?

No evidence apart from Twitter and Facebook?

I am not familiar with the death of Nigerian soldiers during the Liberia war, that was 20 odd years ago.

I am 100% sure that if the NA lost 106 soldiers in one day by a BH attack, the PDP would have capitalised on it by now
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by captainflash(m): 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Will be back.
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by captainflash(m): 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Bigprozzie:

Who are they?

Dont they have names?

think before u comment..
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Bigprozzie:

So all the accusations are based on assumptions and speculations? Right?

No evidence apart from Twitter and Facebook?

I am not familiar with the death of Nigerian soldiers during the Liberia war, that was 20 odd years ago.

I am 100% sure that if the NA lost 106 soldiers in one day by a BH attack, the PDP would have capitalised on it by now

The secret burial of the slain soldiers was on the papers, I saw it myself.

Anyways, a lot of Nigerians know the truth now whether you accept it or not, lol.
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2015
Babatundetinubu:
The Nigerian army are a group of self sacrificing people who for the sake of the motherland put their lives at risk for us. They must be supported with weapons, equipment but more importantly, our entire population. If not for them, the SE would have been entirely run over by now.

Only the SE would have been overrun what of the SW? I smh..
Re: The Nigerian Military In Dire Need Of Overhaul. by Foxflames: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2015
Nigeiran Military is useless. I mean they could not defeat the Militants of Niger delta. there were situations in which foreign companies had to hire their security and buy tanks for the nigerian military yet they were useless. Always seeking help from foreign countries on training.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Tale Of Two Cities!!! / President Buhari Leaves For South Africa / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.