Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,878 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Dear Young Graduate, Are You Employable?? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dear Young Graduate, Are You Employable?? (738 Views)

Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2018 / Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2017 / Total Oil And Gas, Young Graduate Program 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Young Graduate, Are You Employable?? by Josnac(m): 1:03am On Nov 29, 2015
As I lay down on my bed this early morning, several thoughts spinning through my little brain..I just thought about starting this thread.

I know the thread caption may sound a little weird,but it reflects the true state of most job seekers, graduates & non graduates alike.
As a graduate, I just rounded up my Nysc this past October and its glaring that what everyone expects of me, friends and family alike, is to quickly get a job, settle down & face the duties ahead. but being from a low background, it wasn't a funny experience pulling through a Nigerian university in this 21st century, when without cash, everything seems to work against you.. for most people from similar background, there's never a reason to lose hope.

I'm yet to get a job,yes but while I wait, I try to improve myself in things that I know I missed out in while in the university. Having been able to acquire a laptop during my service year, I set myself to the task of becoming familiar with relevant softwares in my field, being someone who wants to fully practice my profession and believe me, it gives a great sense of achievement and focus.

For me, I always put myself in the shoes of a potential employer and try to see if I posses the necessary skills that may warrant me to hire such person.

For an average graduate, the prospect of securing a job is slim, but when you're equipped with some relevant skill-sets, it gives you an edge and confidence over someone who doesn't posses this skills.

While you wait for that dream job, improve yourself by reading widely (I don't mean motivational books, though one or two may be good)..
and learn the use of computer softwares.. it may just be the difference maker.

May Oluwa Bless our hustle.
Re: Dear Young Graduate, Are You Employable?? by mafiz300(m): 1:53am On Nov 29, 2015
True talk
Re: Dear Young Graduate, Are You Employable?? by mofeace: 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
Dear Old graduate, are u aggressively aggressive in sales and marketing?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies At Your Personal Assistant Nigeria Limited / Male Physics Teacher Needed / Male Marketer/ Distributor Needed In Warri – Salary: 30K Monthly (Taken)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.