Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

The Conspiracy Against Okun People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Conspiracy Against Okun People (2767 Views)

Tambuwal: “You This Hausa Boy! Patience Jonathan Accused Me Of Conspiracy" / How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark / The Conspiracy Against The Yoruba Nation By Northerners By Chief Bisi Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Conspiracy Against Okun People by OAUTemitayo: 7:45am On Nov 29, 2015
Kogi state was created in 1991 by the Babangida led military government out of Kwara and Benue state. It was part of the four states that were created then.
Ethnically, Yorubas, Igalla, Nupe, Ebira and about seven other minority groups are the inhabitants of the state.
The deliberate merging of Okun people with the Igala was not only an injustice, it is the height of northern conspiracy to aggrandise Yorubaland to themselves
Removing a Yoruba speaking section from Kwara state and merging them with people they have no cultural, traditional and social ties was part of the plan to deprive the Yorubas the ability to have the political numbers and presence to withstand political and the economic onslaught by the north

It was very glaring that the Okun people should either have been giving their own state or be left alone with their Yoruba kinsmen in Kwara state.

The igalas as a result of their numbers and subsequently their political dispositions have proved beyond reasonable doubt they are hell bent on being the only one having their way and say in Kogi state.

Isn't it annoying and saddening that since the creation of Kogi state, only Igalas have been ruling the state?
Isn't it frustrating that despite all political concessions made by Okun people in order to have one of their own elected as governor in Kogi state, the igalas have always used their numerical strength to always have own elected.

Actually their is nothing wrong in using your numerical strength to have their way democratically, but it is injustice of the highest order to merge a distinct people with others in a state where they will not be able to have the chance of ruling.

The recent governorship election in Kogi state has shown that Igala people are hell bent on being the only one ruling the state.

The two main parties, PDP and APC ensured that only igalas emerged as their candidate.
The incumbent governor Idris Wada was selected by PDP while APC choose Audu Abubakar.
As usual, the Yorubas were compensated with the redundant position of deputy governor.
PDP retained the deputy of Wada, Awoniyi while APC picked Faleke.

However, the death of APC's candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu on the election date created a state of confusion as the Constitution seems to be somehow silent on the death of a candidate when election has already started but not concluded.

Instead of INEC to recommend the replacement of Prince Audu by his deputy, Honourable Faleke since it is a joint ticket, they told the APC to replace Audu with another candidate through a primary.

The Attorney General of the federation was said to have given INEC this deliberate piece of advice. 
Instead of the attorney general to approach the Supreme court to make a judicial interpretation of the constitution, he conspired with the political agents of darkness to deprive  Honourable Faleke his rightful position of the governor elect in Kogi state.

Honourable Faleke must not bow down to selfish pressure of some politicians urging him not to go to court.

He should make sure that he get the best of legal advice and representation before the court of law.
Yoruba people are not second hand people neither are they slaves in this country.
They also have the right to rule Kogi state.
Yoruba people, let us remember that an injury to all.

www.oduduwarepublic.com/the-conspiracy-against-okun-people/

2 Likes

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by HungerBAD: 7:54am On Nov 29, 2015
Following.

1 Like

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by baby124: 7:58am On Nov 29, 2015
Tinubu better understand what he's doing. If APC is not working to where they will blatantly steal Faleke's mandate in such a crude and disrespectful way, he better opt out or he will be dealt with in no time. We will move to another party. The day light robbery is disgusting and they can never get away with it.

2 Likes

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by temitemi1(m): 8:13am On Nov 29, 2015
#GiveUsOurOkunState...

1 Like

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by OAUTemitayo: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2015
baby124:
Tinubu better understand what he's doing. If APC is not working to where they will blatantly steal Faleke's mandate in such a crude and disrespectful way, he better opt out or he will be dealt with in no time. We will move to another party. The day light robbery is disgusting and they can never get away with it.
My brother, it is very disgusting and annoying that APC will even think of giving the ticket to somebody who is not on the ticket.
Faleke is the governor elect of Kogi state.

1 Like

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Yujin(m): 8:27am On Nov 29, 2015
Just following
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by wasak(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2015
I was arguin with a foool on a thread d other day, he had the shamelessness to say Igalas aren't tribalistic, initially they were fytn Yorubas whn they thought Faleke would be made d govnor, but now, they have turned to d Igbiras, organizing meaningless protests. It is not only pitiful, it is shameless and digusting, what if Audu had died in power? What would they have done? Burn down the state or what? I can't fathom how shallow some persons can be. As it is Faleke should go to court and seek Judicial interpretation, that's d way to go.
Perhaps the most absurd thing to note is that the masses who may never benefit from all these brouhaha are d ones displaying such high calibre shortsightedness.
Regrettably disgusting. *spits*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2015
The Yorubas reaping what they are sowing against the Igbos.

Falake can not and will never be the governor of Kogi. Take it or leave.

Yorubas will remain slaves in Kogi till they change their stand against Igbos.

By the way, did yorubas kill audu just for falake to become the governor of kogi? Thats evil.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by hoobs(m): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2015
OAUTemitayo:

Kogi state was created in 1991 by the Babangida led military government out of Kwara and Benue state. It was part of the four states that were created then.
Ethnically, Yorubas, Igalla, Nupe, Ebira and about seven other minority groups are the inhabitants of the state.
The deliberate merging of Okun people with the Igala was not only an injustice, it is the height of northern conspiracy to aggrandise Yorubaland to themselves
Removing a Yoruba speaking section from Kwara state and merging them with people they have no cultural, traditional and social ties was part of the plan to deprive the Yorubas the ability to have the political numbers and presence to withstand political and the economic onslaught by the north

It was very glaring that the Okun people should either have been giving their own state or be left alone with their Yoruba kinsmen in Kwara state.

The igalas as a result of their numbers and subsequently their political dispositions have proved beyond reasonable doubt they are hell bent on being the only one having their way and say in Kogi state.

Isn't it annoying and saddening that since the creation of Kogi state, only Igalas have been ruling the state?
Isn't it frustrating that despite all political concessions made by Okun people in order to have one of their own elected as governor in Kogi state, the igalas have always used their numerical strength to always have own elected.

Actually their is nothing wrong in using your numerical strength to have their way democratically, but it is injustice of the highest order to merge a distinct people with others in a state where they will not be able to have the chance of ruling.

The recent governorship election in Kogi state has shown that Igala people are hell bent on being the only one ruling the state.

The two main parties, PDP and APC ensured that only igalas emerged as their candidate.
The incumbent governor Idris Wada was selected by PDP while APC choose Audu Abubakar.
As usual, the Yorubas were compensated with the redundant position of deputy governor.
PDP retained the deputy of Wada, Awoniyi while APC picked Faleke.

However, the death of APC's candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu on the election date created a state of confusion as the Constitution seems to be somehow silent on the death of a candidate when election has already started but not concluded.

Instead of INEC to recommend the replacement of Prince Audu by his deputy, Honourable Faleke since it is a joint ticket, they told the APC to replace Audu with another candidate through a primary.

The Attorney General of the federation was said to have given INEC this deliberate piece of advice. 
Instead of the attorney general to approach the Supreme court to make a judicial interpretation of the constitution, he conspired with the political agents of darkness to deprive  Honourable Faleke his rightful position of the governor elect in Kogi state.

Honourable Faleke must not bow down to selfish pressure of some politicians urging him not to go to court.

He should make sure that he get the best of legal advice and representation before the court of law.
Yoruba people are not second hand people neither are they slaves in this country.
They also have the right to rule Kogi state.
Yoruba people, let us remember that an injury to all.

www.oduduwarepublic.com/the-conspiracy-against-okun-people/
xo you guyz are angry dat the okun ppl where merged with people that they have nothing in common with but threaten Biafrans wen we say d same thing about Nigeria
Yorubas are HYPOCRITES!!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Oduduwaisreal(m): 9:48am On Nov 29, 2015
hoobs:
xo you guyz are angry dat the okun ppl where merged with people that they have nothing in common with but threaten Biafrans wen we say d same thing about Nigeria
Yorubas are HYPOCRITES!!!!
When did Yorubas said you shouldn't have your Biafra?
what we are saying is that if you should stop your Lagos is no mans land mentality and stop blaming us for your misfortunes

1 Like

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by hoobs(m): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2015
masterpower:

By the way, did yorubas kill audu just for falake to become the governor of kogi? Thats evil.
dats y tinubu brought him all d way from lagos,because he knew he would eventually kill d man

1 Like

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by hoobs(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2015
When you where dividing using ur media doing ur masters bidding,u didn't know
The Egebma in Imo state is south east but the 1 in rivers is south south
The Ndokis that are initially from abia state was now south south rivers
The Ikweres that share a common ancestry withe Nkweres in Imo state was called south south jux because u wanted to divide us and have our Oyel,now your masters are paying u with the same coin and your crying foul.......HYPOCRITES...I cannot stand yorubas
As far as we are concerned kogi is Igalaland.....you yorubas are immigrants and land grabbers there!
Although I trust the Igalas,they are already warning y'all....if you guyz try shit you will slaughtered!!!!
Av you heard from your janjaban?,he is keeping cool because he knows the implications if things are not handled well

6 Likes

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by hoobs(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2015
Oduduwaisreal:
When did Yorubas said you shouldn't have your Biafra?
what we are saying is that if you should stop your Lagos is no mans land mentality and stop blaming us for your misfortunes
we are not blaming you for anything and we dnt gve a dmn about lagos!,is it included in the Biafra map?,all we are sayin is stop dividing our people with your gutter media and mind your business,yorubas open more Biafra thread than Biafrans
How may times have u seen a biafran open a thread about Oduduwa nation
Just do ur thing and stay out of our way,dou I smell d destruction of you lots!
Fulani's running riot across ur lands,benins taking parts of kwara and the igala whala now,I tink you guyz have a lot on ur plate right now

3 Likes

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Pigin1: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2015
wasak:
I was arguin with a foool on a thread d other day, he had the shamelessness to say Igalas aren't tribalistic, initially they were fytn Yorubas whn they thought Faleke would be made d govnor, but now, they have turned to d Igbiras, organizing meaningless protests. It is not only pitiful, it is shameless and digusting, what if Audu had died in power? What would they have done? Burn down the state or what? I can't fathom how shallow some persons can be. As it is Faleke should go to court and seek Judicial interpretation, that's d way to go.
Perhaps the most absurd thing to note is that the masses who may never benefit from all these brouhaha are d ones displaying such high calibre shortsightedness.
Regrettably disgusting. *spits*
Good one there!!! I'm igala by tribe but dislike the ways my people are behaving with this their rule at all cost mentality!! Give the mandate to other tribes and watch kogi state develop, our igala people have ruled since the creation of the state no single development. In same local govt with the idiotic Wada, erosion has taken over our land, no light, no road, no employment. Faleke please go to court and over turn their mandate, we know you will spend only 4years at the lugard house it is better than none. I know if Apc projects an ebira man and pdp projects an okun man as their candidate comes 2019 and kowa projects one slowpoke igala man, my people will vote for kowa. Faleke come to our aid before erosion push us to the wilderness.

1 Like

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by abu12: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2015
![size=14pt]as an outsider with unbiased view of point, i bliv their is a grand plan by some cabal, not 2 declare prince Audu deputy as governor, since they notice that prince is dead b4 d announcing result. Listing 2 som local govt return officer during the announcement of d results, some polling unit where cancel because d affected polling unit reject card reader and prefer 2 use registered and i beginning 2 wonder whose fault is it? Now if same people still insist that they are not going 2 use card reader, will inec sheadule another supplementary election again? Or if some people in bayelsa refuse 2 use card reader and the number of people who reject card reader is morethan d margin of a leading candidate, will inec also other a rerun? Knwing full well, that it is deliberate act by the people not 2 use it. I also notice somewhere in dekina, where only 2 police where sent 2 a community and election did not take place. Due 2 lack of security, despite d fact that I G of police send 16thousasnd policemen 4 d election.

Inec shld not set a bad precedence with kogi election [/size]
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by CyberWolf: 11:01am On Nov 29, 2015
Yorubas and double standard. You call us land grabbers when we protest the division of Igbo land such as egbema, Ndoki, etc in rivers state, Anioma in delta state, ika in Benin, and some villages in AkwaIbom ..what is good to the goose is also good to gander ..

4 Likes

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 29, 2015
Alright
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 29, 2015
Nice one OP but on the second thought, we have to agree with what APC came up with. We all know Okun is a minority in Kogi State and using Faleke as the flag bearer may have a detrimental effect on the outcome of the election result. Let's forget about election has been won, it hasn't cos anything can happen in politics. Faleke is from Ijumu and majority of the canceled votes were from Kogi central, and this might give helping hand to PDP to carry out their nefarious act because majority of Igala and Ebira people might vote against him. Infact, PDP was rooting for Faleke cos they believed having him as the eventual flag bearer is a boost to their tent. I go with what APC has come up with and I will implore Faleke not to go to court, he should agree with the party and settle down to learn more about politics because he still have very chance to govern the state any time soon.

D500y
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by tpiadotcom: 11:07am On Nov 29, 2015
the state is young, give it time to settle.

most of the newly created states are having various quandaries since they still have to sort out so much stuff by virtue of the fact that they are new.

I've opened a thread about these issues before, a while back [ie to discuss the new states specifically].

so, there is no conspiracy at play here unless you view one within the wider context of conspiracies you can find at any point in time anywhere in Nigeria or beyond.
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by BrokenTV: 11:17am On Nov 29, 2015
The Chicken has finally come home to be roasted. The hunter has becomes hunted. The oppressor has becomed oppressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by tpiadotcom: 11:27am On Nov 29, 2015
roost, not roasted.

1 Like

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
hoobs:
dats y tinubu brought him all d way from lagos,because he knew he would eventually kill d man
My brother, Yorubas are terrible o

2 Likes

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
baby124:
LAMENTATION.

CHANGE IS HERE TO STAY
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
masterpower:

My brother, Yorubas are terrible o
LOLZ

1 Like

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by tonychristopher: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2015
But okun are not Yoruba

1 Like

Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by sherlock229(m): 3:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
masterpower:

.nope,that is the good thing to do. You Igbos haven't seen nothing yet.
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 15, 2016
sherlock229:

And ure busy fighting Igbos that God has blessed?
May i inform you that an Igbo man is now the deputy governor of Kogi state.
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by ariesbull: 11:37am On Feb 15, 2016
tpiadotcom:
roost, not roasted.

All join

Leave am

File fu
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 17, 2016
sherlock229:

And there is an Igbo deputy governor now in Kogi. How about that?
Yorubas always claiming smart.
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
Okun people, hmmm nice.
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by santori: 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
masterpower:

And there is an Igbo deputy governor now in Kogi. How about that?
Yorubas always claiming smart.

ebira ppl are ibos too? it seems every other minority tribes in Nigeria are ibos to you deluded minds
Re: The Conspiracy Against Okun People by tpiar: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
hoobs:
When you where dividing using ur media doing ur masters bidding,u didn't know
The Egebma in Imo state is south east but the 1 in rivers is south south
The Ndokis that are initially from abia state was now south south rivers
The Ikweres that share a common ancestry withe Nkweres in Imo state was called south south jux because u wanted to divide us and have our Oyel,now your masters are paying u with the same coin and your crying foul.......

What are you talking about?

(1) (2) (Reply)

When You Vote An Illiterate With Nepa Bill As President And Petroleum Minister / High Chief Ateke Tom's Daughter Weds,Osuofia,Pete Edochie & Others Attend(pics) / Breaking News - Core Northerners(nw&ne), Nigeria's biggest Thieves!(Report)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.