Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

★ Nigerian Music Is Now A Multi-billion Naira Industry – Sound Sultan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ★ Nigerian Music Is Now A Multi-billion Naira Industry – Sound Sultan (457 Views)

Davido's Girlfriend, Chioma Gets A Multi-Million Naira Endorsement Deal / “I Don’t Know Why I’m Still Relevant In The Industry” – Sound Sultan Yarn / Sound Sultan And 2face Chill With Wizkid In The Studio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

★ Nigerian Music Is Now A Multi-billion Naira Industry – Sound Sultan by queendalyn(f): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2015
Veteran Nigerian singer Sound Sultan as expressed his joy at seeing the Nigerian music industry grow financially.
Sound Sultan who has spent over a decade in the game, said the music industry has developed and grown from struggling to gaining billions of Naira.
lalasticlala, ishilove
“I’m very happy that this industry has gradually taken its rightful position,” he said. “It is quite remarkable that the sector is such a bankable industry.
I’m sure in the music industry we are raking in billions every year, which is not a joke.” “The music industry I knew way back was struggling. It was not even considered in the scheme of things.
We were just there, trying to break through to the ears of the people in Nigeria. We were competing with foreign content ma $$ively– the foreign content was 80 per cent, and we were 20 per cent.”“Now, even parents are advising their kids to go into music.
They now understand that music is a business. It is a multi-billion dollar business that you can’t even joke with,” he said.

Source: http:///nigerian-music-is-now-a-multi-billion-naira-industry-sound-sultan/

Re: ★ Nigerian Music Is Now A Multi-billion Naira Industry – Sound Sultan by kay29000(m): 9:28am On Nov 29, 2015
This is very true. Multiple young artists are millionaires, as opposed to just a handful from a decade ago. Now, Nigerian music is being exported to the outside world. There was a time in the 90s you were considered razz if you listened to Nigerian music, now all they play in our nightclubs is Nigerian music.
Re: ★ Nigerian Music Is Now A Multi-billion Naira Industry – Sound Sultan by naijaboiy: 9:30am On Nov 29, 2015
I hope you have made a lot of money from it like your mates 2face,psquare and co.

If not you've been wasting your time. undecided
Re: ★ Nigerian Music Is Now A Multi-billion Naira Industry – Sound Sultan by Airforce1(m): 9:33am On Nov 29, 2015
Massive improvement
Re: ★ Nigerian Music Is Now A Multi-billion Naira Industry – Sound Sultan by Zeedarh(f): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2015
Impressive smiley
& Some people wouldnt stop saying stuffs like: 'i dont listen to nigerian songs' 'nigerian songs' lyrics are wack'
Biko, encourage them !!!

(1) (Reply)

SO SWEET! 54yrs Old Woman Delivers Twin Baby Boys After Years Of Barrenness / Flavour And Chidinma Kiss As They Perform On Stage In Onitsha / #throwbackthursday: Photo Of Fela And His Son Femi Kuti Performing On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.