Stats: 3,154,729 members, 7,824,062 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Samsung Disregard For Product Warranty - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Samsung Disregard For Product Warranty (998 Views)

Brand New In Box Samsung Galaxy S7 US Warranty Platinum Gold / Telecommunications Companies Disregard Minister’s Ultimatum / USA imported samsung galaxy NOTE 4,comes in all colour and warranty for 45k (2) (3) (4)

Samsung Disregard For Product Warranty by mmrius(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2015
Good morning everyone,

I want to bring to your notice Samsung Nigeria complete disregard for product warranty. I must admit when I initially contacted them through their email ngservice@samsung.com, they responded well and even sent one of their technician to my house to diagnose the fault of the TV. After the diagnosis, the technician said it was a screen problem and that it was a factory fault. He also said a replacement part will be gotten in 2 - 4 weeks. Its already 4 months after and Samsung is yet to fix my TV. I bought the SAMSUNG TV/PLASMA/51/PS51E6500 for N200,000.00 and SAMSUNG/AV/Mini/MX-E8700 for N70,000.00 on the 2nd December 2013.

Let me also add that, it appears the technician in collusion with another senior staff are trying to play a fast one on me by waiting till the warranty period is over, so they can charge me for the repairs. Why do I think so? The technician had told my wife that he had the replacement part to fix the TV, "just to assist us" and that we should not inform Samsung about it, because Samsung plans to either replace the TV out rightly, if they cannot get the replacement part to fix the TV.

I have sent several emails to Samsung Smart Care email address, with no response from them. This is the same email, they contacted me 3 times and even called me to apologize for the faulty TV and DVD. Suddenly, they have stopped responding to my emails.

I hope to create as much awareness as possible on this matter so that Samsung Nigeria can sit up and treat its customers better. I have sent them several emails warning them that this will be my last resort in resolving this matter. I hope a senior executive in Samsung gets to see this and take action.

PLEASE MODERATORS, KINDLY MOVE THIS TOPIC TO FRONT PAGE TO CREATE MORE AWARENESS. THANK YOU.
Re: Samsung Disregard For Product Warranty by optimised: 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
Google and locate Consumer Protection Council and file your complaint there.
Get a Court Affidavit and ask a court official to process a court order demanding for establishment of the fact that the problem is covered by warranty and therefore compels Samsung to execute the warranty or liable to pay damages for false marketing.
Re: Samsung Disregard For Product Warranty by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
optimised:
Google and locate Consumer Protection Council and file your complaint there.
Get a Court Affidavit and ask a court official to process a court order demanding for establishment of the fact that the problem is covered by warranty and therefore compels Samsung to execute the warranty or liable to pay damages for false marketing.

optimised I feel your comment. oshe that's the way to go. It's like all these companies like wahala on their neck before they do the right thing.
Re: Samsung Disregard For Product Warranty by kexpan(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2019
mmrius:
Good morning everyone,

I want to bring to your notice Samsung Nigeria complete disregard for product warranty. I must admit when I initially contacted them through their email ngservice@samsung.com, they responded well and even sent one of their technician to my house to diagnose the fault of the TV. After the diagnosis, the technician said it was a screen problem and that it was a factory fault. He also said a replacement part will be gotten in 2 - 4 weeks. Its already 4 months after and Samsung is yet to fix my TV. I bought the SAMSUNG TV/PLASMA/51/PS51E6500 for N200,000.00 and SAMSUNG/AV/Mini/MX-E8700 for N70,000.00 on the 2nd December 2013.

Let me also add that, it appears the technician in collusion with another senior staff are trying to play a fast one on me by waiting till the warranty period is over, so they can charge me for the repairs. Why do I think so? The technician had told my wife that he had the replacement part to fix the TV, "just to assist us" and that we should not inform Samsung about it, because Samsung plans to either replace the TV out rightly, if they cannot get the replacement part to fix the TV.

I have sent several emails to Samsung Smart Care email address, with no response from them. This is the same email, they contacted me 3 times and even called me to apologize for the faulty TV and DVD. Suddenly, they have stopped responding to my emails.

I hope to create as much awareness as possible on this matter so that Samsung Nigeria can sit up and treat its customers better. I have sent them several emails warning them that this will be my last resort in resolving this matter. I hope a senior executive in Samsung gets to see this and take action.

PLEASE MODERATORS, KINDLY MOVE THIS TOPIC TO FRONT PAGE TO CREATE MORE AWARENESS. THANK YOU.

i think samsung tv are crap. poorly made products. am in a similar situation now although not warranty.
i want my screen replaced 48" and one of their engineer is telling me 195k. for a tv thats 5yrs old and not smart tv. JUST LED TV.

please any one have a contact i can call to replace my tv screen

Ipad Air 32 GB (wifi + 4G) Fully Loaded With Ios 9.2 @ 90K / New Stock: Infinix Note 2 X600 (2gb Ram – 16gb Rom) – Dark Grey + Free Earphone / SOLD SOLD Neat Used Hp 6530b Is For Sale For 29k (negotiable) In Lagos SOLD