Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) (2489 Views)

Abia:one State, 2 Govs- The Vanguard / Rivers Rerun: PDP Wins More Federal Seats, One State / APC Has Just Lost One State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by WIZGUY69(m): 10:47am On Nov 29, 2015
I Just decided to check out our airports in Nigeria, and I was surprised to see two airport in one state ; Kaduna Domestic airport in Kaduna, and another domestic in Zaria (Kaduna).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Nigeria
Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by jcflex(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2015
we have two airport in Delta state.

mind you that of zaria in kaduna state is for NCAT. Nigeria College of Aviation Technology.
meant for training of Aviation workers, pilot, Avionics etc

4 Likes

Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by simplycarro: 11:13am On Nov 29, 2015
WIZGUY69:
I Just decided to check out our airports in Nigeria, and I was surprised to see two airport in one state ; Kaduna Domestic airport in Kaduna, and another domestic in Zaria (Kaduna).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Nigeria

Do you see any regular schedule commercial flight into Zaria?

5 Likes

Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by Cjrane2: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
Actually,
Kaduna has 3 airports built by the FG not 2 as op erroneously thought.

1. Zaria airport
2. Old kaduna airport in the heart of town. used by Governors and VIPs.
3. New Kaduna international airport being used now as Kaduna domestic airport which is open to the public.

2 Likes

Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
Other than NCAAT, the other two are financially moribund and ought to be shut down like all the airports that dot the north which only serve VP movement and hajj airlift.

At the end of the day, DAAN, NAMA subsidises all the northern and sw (other than Lagos) airports from what they generate from Abuja, PH, Lagos and destination airports in the SS and SE.

Without the SS and SE Nigeria is no different than Niger Republic and Togo combined.
Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by Tycoflu(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
jcflex:
we have two airport in Delta state.

mind you that of zaria in kaduna state is for NCAT. Nigeria College of Aviation Technology.
meant for training of Aviation workers, pilot, Avionics etc
Baba Abeg no include that asaba airport join. Na just empty space with tower and run way. Uduagha Scam delta people with that project.
Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by cleatoris: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
donphilopus:
Shut up! Trying everything possible to always attach the two together. What has this thread got to do with SS/SE? You no just get sense.
Their life depend on the SouthSouth.

4 Likes

Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by Ikengawo: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
Even though both are morbid they add more.biafra loading
Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by JingoOAU(m): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
Other than NCAAT, the other two are financially moribund and ought to be shut down like all the airports that dot the north which only serve VP movement and hajj airlift.

At the end of the day, DAAN, NAMA subsidises all the northern and sw (other than Lagos) airports from what they generate from Abuja, PH, Lagos and destination airports in the SS and SE.

Without the SS and SE Nigeria is no different than Niger Republic and Togo combined.

You this idiot, remember to always cross-check before spewing lies. I am a NAMA staff, and I can tell you that 90 percent of our revenue is generated from overflyers...in other words, international flights passing through Nigerian airspace to other countries. out of that 90percent, more than 60percent of the revenue is even generated from the kano Flight region

In other words, kano state and other states surrounding it are always busier for foreign flights passing through Nigerian, then followed by Lagos FIR

So next time your parent tells you that the airports in the south south and the south east are the ones generating revenue to service other. Airports in Nigeria, give them a horrible slap and tell them that the flight region in kano is generating more money to cater for the whole of south east and south south combined

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by jerome4u(m): 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Tycoflu:

Baba Abeg no include that asaba airport join. Na just empty space with tower and run way. Uduagha Scam delta people with that project.
My brother pls talk what u kno, I go to that airport all most every friday to carry my uncle who works at abuja and I drop in them every sunday at the airport as he goes back to abuja. Aero contractor, air peace, airik air and overland airways operate there, their major route are abuja and lagos but the govt is planing to expand the run way
Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by jerome4u(m): 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
Tycoflu:

My brother pls talk what u kno, I go to that airport all most every friday to carry my uncle who works at abuja and I drop him there
every sunday at the airport as he goes back to abuja. Aero contractor, air peace, airik air and overland airways operate there, their major route are abuja and lagos but the govt is planing to expand the run way.
Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by WIZGUY69(m): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
O[s]ther than NCAAT, the other two are financially moribund and ought to be shut down like all the airports that dot the north which only serve VP movement and hajj airlift.

Without the SS and SE Nigeria is no different than Niger Republic and Togo combine[/s]d.

---- iPod youth (2015). cool

why do you lot like attaching yourself to SS?
Are you scared to be on your own? shocked

1 Like

Re: How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) by EazyMoh(m): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
I never thought Biafara actually means 'hating everything north/hausafulani/islamic until today.
Why the so much hatred

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Lies Most Politicians Tell During Election Campaigns To Deceive Voters / Wailers Got It Wrong Again On Obj's Comment / ***show Us El Zakzaky Dead Or Alive Within One Week Or Face Terror- Shi’a Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.