Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) (23240 Views)

Trailer Carrying Gas Falls At Ojekunle, Mushin, Lagos (photos) / PHOTOS: Car Tumbles And Falls Upside Down Opposite LASTMA Office, Lagos / Photos From The Motor Accident This Noon At Alapere Involving Atleast 7 Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) by Kennydoc(m): 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
fujirice:

Yes. And if you want I will elaborate what I mean by that.
I'm listening
Re: Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) by fujirice: 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Kennydoc:

I'm listening
OK good, now let's disect the scenario and see what we can find.
Why I blamed the authorities can be found in these questions: is there a speed limit for that road? An if there is, is there a sign clearly stating it? Are there adequate traffic signs, road markings etc? Where are our FRSC officials in a day like that? Is there even a law guiding the usage of that road? If there is, who is enforcing it?
You see? I can go on and on and if you sincerely look at these questions, you'd see that our authorities are really lacking. The report said the trailer was speeding, why won't it "when" there is no set speed limit it exceeded.
Re: Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) by Kennydoc(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
fujirice:

OK good, now let's disect the scenario and see what we can find.
Why I blamed the authorities can be found in these questions: is there a speed limit for that road? An if there is, is there a sign clearly stating it? Are there adequate traffic signs, road markings etc? Where are our FRSC officials in a day like that? Is there even a law guiding the usage of that road? If there is, who is enforcing it?
You see? I can go on and on and if you sincerely look at these questions, you'd see that our authorities are really lacking. The report said the trailer was speeding, why won't it "when" there is no set speed limit it exceeded.

Did you see the first paragraph of the post:
Thats how I was queuing for petrol on the express along alapere some minutes ago only to hear very loud disturbing sounds.

My guy, don't forget that we're in Nigeria. Which authorities are you talking about? So you want FRSC officials to be stationed at every 500m distance of all the roads in Nigeria? Please be realistic! Again, do you know the time of the day it happened? Is it within the job specifications of FRSC officials to be stationed on all the roads 24 hours of the day?
Speed limit is out of it cos it was along the express, if the op truly knows what expressway is, except he meant dual carriage way.

See, this whole thing boils down to wisdom on the part of the drivers. Speed limit or not, common sense tells you that as a driver, you have to slow down when you start approaching busy segments of any road.
Many states that are less developed than Lagos don't even have very good roads, not to talk of speed limits on their roads or FRSC officials, yet we don't so much hear of falling trucks.
Now what do you say about trailers flying unto the rails of bridges? Is that FRSC officials problems too?
Re: Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) by fujirice: 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
Kennydoc:

Did you see the first paragraph of the post:

My guy, don't forget that we're in Nigeria. Which authorities are you talking about? So you want FRSC officials to be stationed at every 500m distance of all the roads in Nigeria? Please be realistic! Again, do you know the time of the day it happened? Is it within the job specifications of FRSC officials to be stationed on all the roads 24 hours of the day?
Speed limit is out of it cos it was along the express, if the op truly knows what expressway is, except he meant dual carriage way.

See, this whole thing boils down to wisdom on the part of the drivers. Speed limit or not, common sense tells you that as a driver, you have to slow down when you start approaching busy segments of any road.
Many states that are less developed than Lagos don't even have very good roads, not to talk of speed limits on their roads or FRSC officials, yet we don't so much hear of falling trucks.
Now what do you say about trailers flying unto the rails of bridges? Is that FRSC officials problems too?
Please what is an express way? Where people drive the way they like? You can't fault the driver where there is no known law he has broken. Express way or not their should be a speed limit and warning signs.
Secondly, when you make a law, there should be people to enforce that law. I'm not saying FRSC officials should be stationed at every 50metres (I wonder where you got that from) but their presence should be effectively felt more often. Truth is, if the authorities are up and doing there duties the way they should, all this issues would have been cut down by 98%
Re: Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) by johnnysmart(m): 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
9jacrip:
The owner of the camry go dey question why e go outside today or why e nor find fuel go somewhere else.
ah dey tel u ....4 dis Xmas
Re: Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) by mentain(m): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
d rate @ wch trailers dey fall ds day self . just don't know or mayb End time is real.
Re: Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) by Kennydoc(m): 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
fujirice:

Please what is an express way? Where people drive the way they like? You can't fault the driver where there is no known law he has broken. Express way or not their should be a speed limit and warning signs.
Secondly, when you make a law, there should be people to enforce that law. I'm not saying FRSC officials should be stationed at every 50metres (I wonder where you got that from) but their presence should be effectively felt more often. Truth is, if the authorities are up and doing there duties the way they should, all this issues would have been cut down by 98%

You really spilled this out of your mouth?

How can you enforce speed limit on the expressway, assuming it does exist?
I drive within Abuja city. I know most of the roads despite being very neat and well maintained don't have speed limit signs, but majority of drivers drive sanely. Accidents rarely happen inside town, except on the expressways.
It's only occasionally that FRSC, VIO or Police stand by the roads and check vehicles. Whenever they are there, they even worsen things cos they cause traffic congestion, till they leave.

Many states don't have the luxury of having numerous FRSC and VIO staff, but there is still basic traffic order in the states.

My dear, please stick to your own opinion. I'm done.
Re: Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) by james1(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2015
The drivers overspeed.
Container bearing trucks should be low beds.
The drivers of trucks need more prep talks.
Erring drivers like these must be punished because most are at most times high on some kind of drug or alcohol.
Finally there goes someones investment, the truck, the container at this time of the year.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zoo Road Underpass Flyover Kano: Construction Photos / Update On Minna-Bida Road (Photos) / Golf Falls Off From Bridge In Bauchi State, Kills 2 People (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.