Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

See What I Harvested Behind My House - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See What I Harvested Behind My House (1753 Views)

Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State / Photos Of Harvested Giant Size Cucumbers By YEN President, Benue State Chapter / See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What I Harvested Behind My House by Xtfield(m): 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2015
I harvested this Plantain bunch from the back of my house yesterday. It has exactly 40 big fingers on it. It's about the 15th that I've harvested this year. With things like this, I wonder why Nigeria has to import food. Our land is fertile and can feed us and provide forex via export if only we can farm it. What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
And how is this others business

Goodness!!what exactly is your aim of putting this up in this first place self
Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by Khd95(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ok,
now what do uu intend to do wit it
Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by Xtfield(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
Jolllyjoy:

To encourage those of you wasting your time in the cities searching for the ever elusive jobs to return to your villages to till the land. Our economic revival depends largely on agriculture. Hope you now understand why I put this here. That single bunch can provide a healthy breakfast for a family of 4 for 10 solid days!. Now this comes from the little space at the back of my house. can you imagine how much more can be realised from cultivating an acre or hectare of land? Use your brain, my dear.

5 Likes

Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by Xtfield(m): 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
Khd95:
Ok,

Learn from it. Nigeria can become great if we return to the land and stop depending on oil.

3 Likes

Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by bronzegoddess(f): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
Jolllyjoy:

dumbo
Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by Ahmed0336(m): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
Khd95:
Ok,

Throw em away undecided
Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by thintug: 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
please who has the contact of any of any processing plant/company in delta/edo,i have cassava to sell... please contact me thintug@gmail.com/ 0708 378 7394
thanks
Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by Ganjafama(m): 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Xtfield:
To encourage those of you wasting your time in the cities searching for the ever elusive jobs to return to your villages to till the land.
You want pple return to village. If villa pple deal with u finish na nicker and torn singlet you go start to wear.
Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by dav8id(m): 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Xtfield:
To encourage those of you wasting your time in the cities searching for the ever elusive jobs to return to your villages to till the land. Our economic revival depends largely on agriculture. Hope you now understand why I put this here. That single bunch can provide a healthy breakfast for a family of 4 for 10 solid days!. Now this comes from the little space at the back of my house. can you imagine how much more can be realised from cultivating an acre or hectare of land? Use your brain, my dear.

well said...my younger ones (3 in numbers ) all studies in foreigner university with agric money...I see no reason why our youth will continue seeking for white kola job

1 Like

Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by Sparkle777(f): 11:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wheres ur location?
Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by MAAF: 12:48am On Nov 30, 2015
Initially I did not want to read this thread as i usually read threads on commercial farming but on second thought av read this and it says nothing but the simple life saving truth to us that live in the tropics and the natural blessings we have.
Why do our youths sit around and wait to be employed rather than creating employment for ourselves, @jollyjoy, this thread shows that even with a few plants of plantain, OP is able to visibly establish the fact that no matter how small your agricultural venture is that you can sustain yourself and the economy. OP has harvested 15 bunches in a year, how many have you harvested.
1 bunch of that plantain will go for nothing less than 1500naira in the market, so OP will be making not less than 20,000naira randomly by selling the products if thats an option.
So please the aim of this thread is to show that nothing is too small, step by step anyone can be a millionaire if only they are focused and intelligent enough to make use of what is around them to achieve success.
Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by NnamdiN: 6:14am On Nov 30, 2015
dav8id:

well said...my younger ones (3 in numbers ) all studies in foreigner university with agric money...I see no reason why our youth will continue seeking for white kola job
oga david, which state in nigeria produces maize in very large quantity?
Re: See What I Harvested Behind My House by oglalasioux(m): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
Jolllyjoy:

How can you ask such a question? For me this is the best post for today. Let's learn to produce before consumption.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Solar Generator / Rice Farming Is Most Profitable In Nigeria Today – Adesina / Telegram Group For Turkey Rearers/breeders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.