Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience (3499 Views)

My Funny Yet Sad Experience As A Job Seeker Today. / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / Path To Freedom (PTF) Network, Ambali Oluwasina: My Sad Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by obiscapula(m): 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
I sat there, pained like a scorned female koura (Hausa for spotted hyena) wishing to fuc.k d whole world of corporate employers with my pseudo peni.s and make sure I threw away d gorilla I birthed.

I mean, how could they court me through the whole six stages of recruitment procedures only for me to receive a mail on the day I was supposed to resume telling me about some poo about me having a relation with same surname working with them in far off South Korea.

I deserved a fair fine lady like those at ZenithBank announcing over a pda like a fire alert " Miss Z***, we regret to announce to you that you will not be working in the South Korea branch of our conglomerate due to the same surname policy our organisation so duly observes, but you will start off at our Philippines Branch. Proceed to floor 12 to begin processing your transfer immediately "

Sadly, that was not d drama, instead TO BE CONTINUED

2 Likes

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by akwana: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ok ride on
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
It's a good thing you didn't get the Job. God/Nature just saved you from fools. Don't even try the Philippine floor.
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by amicable09(f): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Mmmmh.... omereme?
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by amicable09(f): 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
Reyginus:
It's a good thing you didn't get the Job. God/Nature just saved you from fools.
Sorry Reygi, you seem to understand the story even before it began, what is OP trying to say?
How has she just been saved from fools? grin

6 Likes

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Isryl02(m): 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Is this a fiction or what?

1 Like

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Cutehector(m): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
Smh
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Obinoscopy(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2015
Isryl02:
Is this a fiction or what?
Obviously it is

3 Likes

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
amicable09:

Sorry Reygi, you seem to understand the story even before it began, what is OP trying to say?
How has she just been saved from fools? grin
Lol. Antispambot. Yeah I got her. She was disqualified for the S.Korea position and told to try The Philippines floor.
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by obiscapula(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
Reyginus:
^^^Is this still real?

Yes dear

1 Like

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
^^^Is this still real?
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by obiscapula(m): 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
...instead right there in that office, phone in hand, mail in my face I heard the most evil voice ever, a voice that would turn out to be the voice of the 'said relation', ,my husband (at least used to be) Seun. He wore his double windsor like he had been a best man to many weddings yet the Worst of men. 'He worked here. Right in the building'

As I would later find out, He stuck with d double barreled name he and I adopted after we married even after d messy divorce. I did too for very personal reasons - did not want misrepresentations and, ,,,,i was not over him.

But that was not the WORRY of the minute. Where was i? Where the hell was South Korea? ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
I need a translator

2 Likes

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
obiscapula:

Yes dear
Okay. Still following
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by amicable09(f): 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Okay. Still following
Lol... Reygi this is a romantic story na, how could you have gone ahead of OP to give us your conclusion... lol. This genre of literature hasn't ever been written!

OP! I hope it will be a romantic comedy sha... #following!
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Dfinex(f): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wait a second did that happen in South Korea? , cos I used to think that such things don't happen in ala-beke!!..... It's predominant in Nigerian firms where if two colleagues get married, one would have to resign for the other. Or if a wife is seeking employment in a firm where her husband is already a staff, she will have to go with her maiden name. Well I'm yet to understand the reason for such policies, maybe they don't want a situation where one family will turn the organization to family business

1 Like

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Erums(m): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2015
same happened, but I take no recognition of it... I let it pass

1 Like

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pomzy:
I need a translator

Hahahahahahaha. Me too grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am waiting for the end so that I can read it from the end back to the beginning.
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by eightsin(m): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
and in my workplace we have husband,wife and over 2 children, cousins and co all from a family working in one ministry. i have lost count of how many families have their wards and wives working there
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Kenny619: 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
eightsin:
and in my workplace we have husband,wife and over 2 children, cousins and co all from a family working in one ministry. i have lost count of how many families have their wards and wives working there
Family conglomerate lol

3 Likes

Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 30, 2015
amicable09:

Lol... Reygi this is a romantic story na, how could you have gone ahead of OP to give us your conclusion... lol. This genre of literature hasn't ever been written!

OP! I hope it will be a romantic comedy sha... #following!
Lol. You are high. I still believe the OP's side of the story. It is not fiction. lol
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Standing5(m): 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
No same local government area (LGA) will soon kick in.
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by madgoat(m): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
grin for a moment i thought this was a real story cheesy
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by tpiadotcom: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2015
what is with nairalanders and their unfunny tales?

who is telling them they are funny?

it is aggravating when people keep styling themselves as if they are typing something interesting but the only genuine response is bleh, yet they feel they are all that.
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by jony247(m): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2015
but Na Wa o
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Ayt27(m): 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2015
It's fiction(lie) with elements of truth, who get time to dey follow rubbish thread. The one wey sinceregirl abi wetin be her name don do me for a whole nairaland lifetime.
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
Let me try to translate the story for those that do not understand it. The op said she couldn't believe that she was rejected for the job which she applied for after undergoing the company's six months recruitment procedure. The reason the company gave for rejecting her was that they already had someone in the company who bore the same surname as she did. In other words, the company had a "no-same surname recruitment policy". Finally, the op felt that she deserved to have been offered a position in their phillipines office since she was rejected in their south korean office but that was just wishful thinking. Op, shebi i translate am well?
Re: No 'same Surname' Recruitment Policy - My Sad Experience by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
MsSmitchy:
Let me try to translate the story for those that do not understand it. The op said she couldn't believe that she was rejected for the job which she applied for after undergoing the company's six months recruitment procedure. The reason the company gave for rejecting her was that they already had someone in the company who bore the same surname as she did. In other words, the company had a "no-same surname recruitment policy". Finally, the op felt that she deserved to have been offered a position in their phillipines office since she was rejected in their south korean office but that was just wishful thinking. Op, shebi i translate am well?
Yeah. Your head dey there.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Sales Reps. / Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2017 For Customer Service Officers / CLOSED ADVERT- Live In Gateman Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.