Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Pls Can Someone Enlighten Me About This - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pls Can Someone Enlighten Me About This (579 Views)

Pls Can I Get Someone Leaving Around Surulere,mushiin Or Isolo To Teach Me SEO / Can Someone Enlighten Me Pls / How Do I Solve This, Pls Enlighten Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Can Someone Enlighten Me About This by YUSUPH1986(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2015
Good day house, pls i need to know this, is it that CBN is under any regulation as to the amount of money to be printed by its integra (Nigeria printing and minting). Or why is it that the federal government complain of being broke which occasioned it to go abroad for borowing
Re: Pls Can Someone Enlighten Me About This by jamex93(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2015
Lolx
Re: Pls Can Someone Enlighten Me About This by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 30, 2015
Are you in university?
There's something called inflation which occurs if too much of a currency is distributed. CBN printing more than a set quota of notes would run the economy into inflation because when a commodity is surplus it loses value.

Take borrowing from foreign countries the same way people collect loans; you borrow from the country, use the money for projects, make money off those projects and pay back with interest.

1 Like

Re: Pls Can Someone Enlighten Me About This by YUSUPH1986(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2015
charix:
Are you in university?
There's something called inflation which occurs if too much of a currency is distributed. CBN printing more than a set quota of notes would run the economy into inflation because when a commodity is surplus it loses value.

Take borrowing from foreign countries the same way people collect loans; you borrow from the country, use the money for projects, make money off those projects and pay back with interest.
this doesnt answer my que. At lease cbn should be able to print up to the need of federal govt. Pls lalastical help give it optimum audience cc: lalastical
Re: Pls Can Someone Enlighten Me About This by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2015
YUSUPH1986:
this doesnt answer my que. At lease cbn should be able to print up to the need of federal govt. Pls lalastical help give it optimum audience cc: lalastical
It is the equivalent of giving a child money drawn with pens on paper and telling him to buy real things.

The country has a budget it must not exceed. I understand you saying more cash can get printed to cushion deficits but any more currency printed over our budget is as worthless as paper suggested in my first paragraph.
Then there's the second option of shortchanging other needs to pool more financial capital into a pressing one, that'd make for budget deficits and imbalances in sectors.

(1) (Reply)

Violence In Onitsha.... / Wisdomkosi Blogger At His Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today. Pictures / Woman Gives Birth After 26 Years Of Barrenness (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.