Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God (1367 Views)

Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? / The Door To Hell: An Everlasting Burning Crater (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by BETATRON(m): 10:55am On Nov 30, 2015
For aeons now people have been fed with the stories the "if you don't worship God you'ill spend eternity in hell and if you do you will go to paradise

This give us a mind set of fear and makes worship of God a kind of force or complusion for us

You just have to do it,you even need to reason, if you don't do it you will incur the wrath of God on your self--such is the mind set that this kind of teachings encodes in us
This kind of informations actually begs the questions

--what if there was no reward or punishing for worship what reason will be left to worship God
For it is know that when some1 does something out of fear he stops doing that thing once that fear is removed

--what is worship

--is there a better reason for worship which isn't the result of FEAR OF HELL or Yarn for paradise or some reward

--is worship for the fear of hell not synonymous to worship of hell or worship of fear?

--Should religion be based on the fear of another creature(Hell) or love of another(paradise) or something more profound
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Horlufemi(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2015
Fear of hell fire wasn't the original purpose of worship of God. Whoever said it was just over zealous to get as much people to God as possible.

That approach is no different from Islam.

God always want you to make a choice he will never force you.

You have a choice.

I'm a Christian and I don't believe in hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by frank317: 11:47am On Nov 30, 2015
And that is where the creator, ominieverything got is wrong. Well, this shows how human the concept is, this shows man made God.

1 Like

Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 30, 2015
u see why logic dismantles,beats and renders religion pointless and foolish....

who ever worships god for the fear of hell... is it not fear he is worshipping?..

now as the ftc guy rightly said.. he believes in god but doesn't believe in hell.. some believe in hell and some don't...

some believe in virgin Mary while some don't...

some believe in worshiping crucifix and statues while some don't...

u see that there are countless of opinions in the same Christianity of a religion...

nobody needs a rocket science to tell him that these things are just manmade and product of our imaginations....

u think urs is correct while that of ur counterparts are wrong and they in turn thinks otherwise...

NOW AN AVERAGE ATHEIST WILL TELL U ""THE REASON U DONT BELIEVE OTHERS IS THE REASON I DONT BELIEVE IN URS""..

THST IS SIMPLE LOGIC.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by BETATRON(m): 11:53am On Nov 30, 2015
Horlufemi:
Fear of hell fire wasn't the original purpose of worship of God. Whoever said it was just over zealous to get as much people to God as possible.

You have a choice.

what's the original purpose of worship

Didn't confine it to any particular religion bro

How can you be a christian and not believe in hell---like I am a christian an I don't believe in christ

1 Like

Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by hahn(m): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
Horlufemi:

You have a choice.

So, where will people who don't believe in Jesus Christ go to? Heaven?
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by menesheh(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
krattoss:
u see why logic dismantles,beats and renders religion pointless and foolish....

who ever worships god for the fear of hell... is it not fear he is worshipping?..

now as the ftc guy rightly said.. he believes in god but doesn't believe in hell.. some believe in hell and some don't...

some believe in virgin Mary while some don't...

some believe in worshiping crucifix and statues while some don't...

u see that there are countless of opinions in the same Christianity of a religion...

nobody needs a rocket science to tell him that these things are just manmade and product of our imaginations....

u think urs is correct while that of ur counterparts are wrong and they in turn thinks otherwise...

NOW AN AVERAGE ATHEIST WILL TELL U ""THE REASON U DONT BELIEVE OTHERS IS THE REASON I DONT BELIEVE IN URS""..

THST IS SIMPLE LOGIC.

Logic 101.

I always posit that worship and sparking taste for praise are human attributes which mediaeval men evoke to honour a presumed superhuman.

We all go after things that will glorify our ego. Why would a god big enough to create the immense complexity of the universe care if you glorify him.

There is no debate whether hell and hope for reward the only reasons for the worship of Christian god. Adolf Hitler and North Korean regime apply same coercive pressure to forcefully compel it's subjects to submit to their wills.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
Horlufemi:

You have a choice.

What do you mean you don't believe in hell? undecided
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Horlufemi(m): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
BETATRON:
what's the original purpose of worship

Didn't confine it to any particular religion bro

How can you be a christian and not believe in hell---like I am a christian an I don't believe in christ

Please what is the fate of the Asian before the coming of Christ. They will burn in hell? Yeah right. If that happens God is not worth it.

What will happen to someone in this era who has never hear about Christ.

Let us reason.

U also fail to talk about the great resurrection .

Or u are trying to tell me people who are dead are burning in hell fire right now.

Please educate me.
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Horlufemi(m): 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Horlufemi(m): 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
What do you mean you don't believe in hell? undecided

If an infinite loving God will burn people (his children) who doesn't love him in fire for infinity, I don't want that kind of love.

I'll rather burn in the hell.

I don't believe an infinite loving being would do that. Therefore I don't believe in hell.

What he wants is for us to love him by choice.

Anything different will be no different from Islam.
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Horlufemi(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
hahn:

So, where will people who don't believe in Jesus Christ go to? Heaven?

I claim to love me n u will kill me but f I don't love u back.

Nice love.

Some people don't know Jesus, what is their fate? Fire?
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2015
Horlufemi:

If an infinite loving God will burn people (his children) who doesn't love him in fire for infinity, I don't want that kind of love.

I'll rather burn in the hell.

I don't believe an infinite loving being would do that. Therefore I don't believe in hell.

What he wants is for us to love him by choice.

Anything different will be no different from Islam.
You are absolutely right about the bolded part.

If the terror of hell fire is needed to gain converts, Christianity is worst than Islam.
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by BETATRON(m): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
Horlufemi:

Please what is the fate of the Asian before the coming of Christ. They will burn in hell? Yeah right. If that happens God is not worth it.

What will happen to someone in this era who has never hear about Christ.

Let us reason.

U also fail to talk about the great resurrection .

Or u are trying to tell me people who are dead are burning in hell fire right now.

Please educate me.
all what you stated doesn't nullify the existence of hell

One is does who exist before jesus will be judge with the laws they where given.,,so the bad and good people will also get retribution for their act

Does won't don't know or understand jesus and hence don't follow him will be judged by that in which they understand---as the saying goes "we don't punish a people until we have sent a warner"
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Horlufemi(m): 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
BETATRON:
all what you stated doesn't nullify the existence of hell

One is does who exist before jesus will be judge with the laws they where given.,,so the bad and good people will also get retribution for their act

Does won't don't know or understand jesus and hence don't follow him will be judged by that in which they understand---as the saying goes "we don't punish a people until we have sent a warner"

Where in the bible?
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by BETATRON(m): 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
Horlufemi:

You haven't told me what will happen to those who haven't heard of Jesus
ok here is it---if they haven't and heard no means what so ever to have heard him then they will be judged as regards what they have heard of
---we do not punish a people until we have sent them a warner

But if they heard the slightest opportunity to hear about him but missed this opportunity then ignorance won't be an excuse

Btw am not a christian
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Horlufemi(m): 11:12pm On Nov 30, 2015
BETATRON:
ok here is it---if they haven't and heard no means what so ever to have heard him then they will be judged as regards what they have heard of
---we do not punish a people until we have sent them a warner

But if they heard the slightest opportunity to hear about him but missed this opportunity then ignorance won't be an excuse

Btw am not a christian

Quote bible please. You are quoting quran.
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by BETATRON(m): 11:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
Horlufemi:

Quote bible please. You are quoting quran.
that is why I told you that I am not a xtrain
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by Horlufemi(m): 11:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
BETATRON:
that is why I told you that I am not a xtrain

In morhinos voice. Ko soro niyen grin
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by CAPTIVATOR: 6:53am On Dec 01, 2015
hahn:

So, where will people who don't believe in Jesus Christ go to?

We have two groups . Those who willingly decide not to belive in Jesus Christ just as the pharisees and saducees of Jesus days , destruction await those ones , such ones if they die dont have any hope of a ressurection ... Because Jesus RANSOM sacrifice makes ressurection possible and since they reject it , they will be dead forever ... 2 the 1:9 .

Group 2 : those who didnt because they didnt hear or probably lives in an era where Jesus is not spoken of ,e.g our forefathers in Nigeria , Who honestly do their devotion even though they dont know Jesus . THEY HAVE HOPE

ACT 24:15 " there is going to be a resurection of the righteous and the unrighteous " , the unrighteous here are those who for circumstances beyond their control , didnt knew about Christ NOT WICKED ONES THAT AWAIT DESTRUCTION ( psalm 37:10)

Heaven?
Not all will resurect to heaven -mat 5:5
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by hahn(m): 7:57am On Dec 01, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

We have two groups . Those who willingly decide not to belive in Jesus Christ just as the pharisees and saducees of Jesus days , destruction await those ones , such ones if they die dont have any hope of a ressurection ... Because Jesus RANSOM sacrifice makes ressurection possible and since they reject it , they will be dead forever ... 2 the 1:9 .

Group 2 : those who didnt because they didnt hear or probably lives in an era where Jesus is not spoken of ,e.g our forefathers in Nigeria , Who honestly do their devotion even though they dont know Jesus . THEY HAVE HOPE

ACT 24:15 " there is going to be a resurection of the righteous and the unrighteous " , the unrighteous here are those who for circumstances beyond their control , didnt knew about Christ NOT WICKED ONES THAT AWAIT DESTRUCTION ( psalm 37:10)

Not all will resurect to heaven -mat 5:5

Ok. Thanks. I'll write all that down smiley
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by virginboy1(m): 8:49am On Dec 01, 2015
Fear of God made me remain a Virgin.
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by BETATRON(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2015
virginboy1:
LoVE Of God would have been a better reason
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by sonmvayina(m): 10:57am On Dec 01, 2015
virginboy1:

Really!! The last time i checked you get three babes..Vaseline, pears and lux...how come u still be virgin? Just for laffs..
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by virginboy1(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
BETATRON:
LoVE Of God would have been a better reason
Both phenomenon, Love and Fear of losing His Grace, thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by BETATRON(m): 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
virginboy1:

Both phenomenon, Love and Fear of losing His Grace, thanks for the enlightenment.
right..fear to displease HIM due to love for Him
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by virginboy1(m): 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
BETATRON:
right..fear to displease HIM due to love for Him
On point
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by virginboy1(m): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
sonmvayina:

Really!! The last time i checked you get three babes..Vaseline, pears and lux...how come u still be virgin? Just for laffs..
what is this man saying?
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by sonmvayina(m): 12:31am On Dec 02, 2015
virginboy1:
what is this man saying?

how you take be virgin when na ur hand and vaseline you dey 'do' all the time..
Re: Is Fear Of Hell,,an Excellent Reason To Worship God by sagieramos(m): 1:00am On Dec 02, 2015
according to my own understanding of hell, i don't think such a place could ever exist. if per-adventure i find my self their, i would rather blame my creator for [b]'creating me at the first place' [/b]not minding d sin i commited in a world were i couldn't even have 100% to my self-control

(1) (Reply)

The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary And The Revelation Of Three Circles / Proof Of An Afterlife? Man's Spirit 'caught On Camera Leaving His Body' / Praising God In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.