Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Confused Computer Science Graduate - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Confused Computer Science Graduate (1185 Views)

Mathematics/computer Science Graduate / Wat Is The Fate Of A Computer Science Graduate In The Market? / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused Computer Science Graduate by maygold80(f): 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2006
Confused Computer Science Graduate

Hi Nairalanders. I have a first degree in computer science and i just got through with my youth service. The problem i have now is that i'm confused on which aspect of i.t to go into in order to update myself. Though av always liked networking, but as a graduate of computer science, i think i ought to be vast in all d branches of i.t. Kindly advise me on what aspect to start with and all d relevant aspects i ought to know
Re: Confused Computer Science Graduate by Ogisosoft(m): 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2006
PLEASE start from networking. Am into all area of computing.

Programming,web designing,Hardware Engr and Networking.
Re: Confused Computer Science Graduate by my2cents(m): 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2006
Though av always liked networking,

well may, i think u just answered ur own question cool

In general, you always want to concentrate on what you know you like. If for whatever reason though (poor pay, etc), you decide not to pursue networking, then focus on the next best discipline with comp. sc. (CS) and learn/know it well.

but as a graduate of computer science, i think i ought to be vast in all d branches of i.t
I would strongly advise that, like the kung fu masters, you not be a jack of all trades and a master of none. Sure, it is good to know enough of everything to be dangerous, but when it boils down to it, you should concentrate on one or at most 2 disciplines and master it well.

I hope this helps.
Re: Confused Computer Science Graduate by Ynot(m): 7:20am On Nov 19, 2006
The happiest people in the world are those for whom every day of going to work is really going to play -- they love to do what they do to make a living. Coders who love to code. Cooks who love to cook. Teachers who love to teach. Politicians who love to lie, cheat, accept bribes, and control the lives of others while basking in the warm glow of the public eye. So decide what you LIKE and then go for it so you can have FUN doing it later and hopefully make money in the process.

Remember too that learning is all about learning to learn on your own -- in this day and age, you don't have to take courses in something to learn it, and the earlier you start the more successful you'll be.

(1) (Reply)

Free Netbeans 5.5 Cd / How Can A Programmer Sell Software Codes To Companies / WOW!... This 7 Years Old From Kenya Develops Mobile App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.