Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Photos Of Man Who Built A Plane Using Video Tutorials & Aircraft Manuals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos Of Man Who Built A Plane Using Video Tutorials & Aircraft Manuals (605 Views)

Basketmouth Dresses Up As Santa Claus, Shocks Fans Inside A Plane / Photo Of Mr Ibu And Bimbo Akintola On A Plane / Sinach & Obasanjo Take Selfie On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Man Who Built A Plane Using Video Tutorials & Aircraft Manuals by Importguru(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
An Ethiopian man, Asmelash Zeferu has built a plane with tutorial videos on YouTube. 35-year-old Zeferu’s childhood dream was to become a pilot but he was rejected by the Ethiopian Airlines Aviation Academy and since he couldn’t realize his dream, he decided to build a plane.

“I decided to build my own aircraft if I couldn’t be a pilot,” he told CNN. “Then I’d be able to fly high in the sky.”

For 10 years, Zeferu worked on his dream, salvaging spare parts from second-hand markets and handcrafting certain parts like the airplane’s wings. He then upgraded the 48 horsepower Volkswagen Beetle engine to 78 for his two-seater aircraft and settled for the wheelbase of a Suzuki motorcycle as his landing gear.

According to CNN, he did this with the help of some aviation experts, aircraft manuals and YouTube tutorials. He encountered some technical problems during the process. However, it didn’t deter the ambitious pilot from pursuing his goal. Five months later, he is ready to take off, again.
“My dream is to become an aerospace engineer at NASA,” he told CNN. “And I will be”

http://latest.com.ng/featured-posts/photos-of-man-who-built-a-plane-using-video-tutorials-aircraft-manuals/
Re: Photos Of Man Who Built A Plane Using Video Tutorials & Aircraft Manuals by DaPhilosopher(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
ok
Re: Photos Of Man Who Built A Plane Using Video Tutorials & Aircraft Manuals by mankan2k7(m): 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2015
The minister for tourism shd take note, I mean bubu
Re: Photos Of Man Who Built A Plane Using Video Tutorials & Aircraft Manuals by delishpot: 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
mankan2k7:
The minister for tourism shd take note, I mean bubu

grin grin
Re: Photos Of Man Who Built A Plane Using Video Tutorials & Aircraft Manuals by CallMeMadMan: 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
Validated Trash

(1) (Reply)

OAP Toolz Stuns As She Covers Genevieve Magazine's Dec. 2015 Bridal Issue -photo / Guyz, Wahala Dey Ooo / Oge Okoye Stuns In Blue (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.