Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Cancelled Avengers Game Footage From THQ Leaks - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Cancelled Avengers Game Footage From THQ Leaks (1302 Views)

Death Race Real Ingame Footage / CAO (challenge cancelled) not worthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancelled Avengers Game Footage From THQ Leaks by cupidhero(m): 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
When THQ went bankrupt several years ago, it took with it a lot of dashed dreams and failed franchises that wound up in the hands of others. Even to this day, we are learning more and more about the fallout from the publisher going under with the most recent bit of news coming from Unseen 64.
Did you know that THQ had a contract to make a massive Avengers video game for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii U back in 2010?! It’s true! At the time, SEGA had scored the rights to work with Marvel’s characters, and many of its home console games came up way short critically. Thor: God of Thunder, Iron Man, Iron Man 2? Not exactly the happiest of days for super-hero video games.
Marvel eventually turned to the mobile phone market for its video game tie-ins, but it also tapped THQ to develop a first-person action adventure game to tie-in with The Avengers. Unseen64 claims it was supposed to be released in 2012 alongside the movie, but it was also supposed to tell a much larger and original story, bringing in more unused Marvel characters and expanding on the events of the film.
There’s no telling how this game would have turned out, but history suggests we might have dodged a bullet. I’m not willing to be totally dismissive of this Avengers game, though. It might have undergone some damaging adjustments during development, but the final builds had some really interesting co-op missions and level structures. The first-person viewpoint was also something no studio had really tried yet with a comic book license.
Not that it matters, because the game was scrapped due to economic hardship and the rise of the Australian dollar. The Avengers released in theaters in 2012 without its tie-in game, and THQ filed for bankruptcy the following year. Just another story of what could have been in the gaming world, but one thing is certain: movie tie-ins are a phenomenon of the past, and many high-profile failures have recently come out into the light.
Despite these failures, gaming is bigger than ever, and it no longer has to lean on Hollywood anymore for recognition. This is a good thing since gaming can now grow and change as it sees fit.
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/11/30/cancelled-avengers-thq-leaks/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bd4OeguMpI
Cao, Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage From THQ Leaks by cao(f): 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
I was about to complain about the FP view, but after watching the video, I would have been okay with it. Well, they could try again. Obviously, not THQ, but they should try to salvage this.
Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage From THQ Leaks by cupidhero(m): 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
cao:
I was about to complain about the FP view, but after watching the video, I would have been okay with it. Well, they could try again. Obviously, not THQ, but they should try to salvage this.
Yeah. It looked kinda cool.I expected something worse than this.THQ is better off with a smaller franchise. Avengers is too big for them.
Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage From THQ Leaks by cao(f): 12:01am On Dec 01, 2015
THQ messed up, they should have sold it instead of shelving it. See what Square Enix did with Sleeping Dogs, they bought the rights from Activision Blizzard (it was supposed to be True Crimes: Hong Kong). They had something special and they let it fall.

(1) (Reply)

Play Snake Xenzia Game Online And Earn From It. / Streaming Destiny PS4 / Which Is Currently The Best Offline Football Game On Android?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.