Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE (1242 Views)

SOS !!! Herdsmen In My Friend's Farm / Firstbank Service / Firstmobile App - Do It Yourself With Firstbank Mobile App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE by maga1: 4:57am On Dec 01, 2015
First of all, I know I made a mistake that I shouldn't have and I regret making such that's why I'm typing this information out here to prevent others from falling prey to these fraudsters and if I can possibly get an advice on the way forward.

Yesterday night (30/11/2915) I received a message from "FIRSTBAN'K" informing me of a possible breach to my firstmonie account and that a first contact agent will get in touch with me for a possible reset of device and pin. Shortly afterwards I received a call from 012919830 and the caller told me his name is Femi Tunde and we began chatting. He first of all informed me that my device may have been infected with a virus which reveals my phone details, contacts, password etc to some hackers and they probably have my details. He further informed me of a possible breach in my account that the hackers tried to make a transfer with my firstmonie account using a different device so he urged me to safeguard my device and possibly do a reset of my phone and visit the nearest FBN branch for reinstallation of my firstmonie app.

He now asked me if I tried to make a transfer at that moment of which I replied NO. He then told me that the hackers are trying to transfer a certain amount to another account. Lo and behold I saw a debit message from "FIRSTBAN'K" for a transfer of 100k (at this point I became afraid) he assured me that I shouldn't worry that he will reverse the transaction but the hacker will keep on making attempts till he finally transfers to another bank account and he won't be able to reverse such transaction (then became scared again) he told me not to worry that he will do all he could to stop the hackers. At this moment I picked my android phone and tried to check my balance with my firstmonie and all I can see was 0.00 as my balance (at this point I became very confused) I was a bit convinced that someone may have tampered with my account. All these happened while I was still talking to the guy. Immediately another debit transfer message entered my phone again 80k and he informed me that the guy is making another attempt.

Then he told me the only way we could block the hacker is for me to provide him with the first pin I used in activating my firstmonie (which of course I don't have because its been long I activated it) he then insisted that I have to give him the present pin so that he could block the guys device from accessing the account. I declined and told him I can't give him my pin details. After some while, he never insisted and he told me he understands but that's the only way he could block the hacker (but because of my fears I fell for him). I then asked him of some of my details to be sure if he is truly a first contact agent and to my utmost surprise he gave me the correct answers and then I succumbed and gave him the pin details. From then, i noticed a message from firstmonie with a code and he requested for the code on the message to finally block the guy and I foolishly gave him the code. Then I received a credit message from "FIRSTBAN'K" that a reversal has been done and he thanked me and told me he has finished blocking the guy and I should visit the nearest FBN branch for reinstallation of the firstmonie app and then we ended the call.

Immediately we ended the call, my mind was still in doubt of what has just occurred until I started receiving debit messages this time around from "Firstbank" until my account was wiped and cleaned. I rushed to the nearest ATM with a friend to check my bank balance and confirmed I have been fooled. They wiped everything leaving 1,400.

I later called the phone number and it wasn't reachable. Then I went online to get first bank contact and called them to informed them of what happened and they told me the incident will be investigated but I'm not guaranteed that I will get the value of money debited from my account.

My question is that is it possible for me to get even if its a part of what's stolen? Please I need advice from the house.

I am hereby typing this as early as possible to all concerned brothers and sisters to beware and not divulge any of their pin/password details to anyone.[co
Re: SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE by pedrilo: 5:16am On Dec 01, 2015
U shud av known bn more careful. Anyway, Sorry for ur loss
Re: SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE by ETHIX(m): 5:18am On Dec 01, 2015
Hmmm the real thief was the guy that made a call and you divulge your information to. Why will you do such? No bank official will call you to give them your PIN details for them to help you. No one in the bank can know exactly when an account is being defrauded except a fraudster.

Your money is gone and the bank will not refund you. They only want to investigate it to avoid re occurrence. But then that is a cheap fraud.
Re: SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE by maga1: 5:27am On Dec 01, 2015
ETHIX:
Hmmm the real thief was the guy that made a call and you divulge your information to. Why will you do such? No bank official will call you to give them your PIN details for them to help you. No one in the bank can know exactly when an account is being defrauded except a fraudster.

Your money is gone and the bank will not refund you. They only want to investigate it to avoid re occurrence. But then that is a cheap fraud.

Thanks man...I guess I learnt the hard way even though I knew what not to do embarassed embarassed but I foolishly felt for it. I just want weak people to be aware and learn from my mistake. I have removed my mind from the money. I know it will be very difficult to recover if not impossible. But I hope and pray after investigation, the accounts where the funds were transfered to will be detected and eventually blocked to prevent those guys from hitting others
Re: SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE by erekoshe: 5:41am On Dec 01, 2015
There's a possibility of getting some money-if not all. On the condition that the fraudster has not withdrawn it from the destination account before you complained.

So don't give up, still follow up with ur bank as often as possible
Re: SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 01, 2015
Guys, do take note pls. Dont let your hard earned money vamoose in seconds.
Re: SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE by maga1: 6:08am On Dec 01, 2015
erekoshe:
There's a possibility of getting some money-if not all. On the condition that the fraudster has not withdrawn it from the destination account before you complained.

So don't give up, still follow up with ur bank as often as possible

Thanks for us concern...I did complain immediately to the FBN customer care and a complaint case opened. I'm waiting to hear from them soon
Re: SOS!!! Firstbank Firstmonie Fraud NOTICE by erekoshe: 7:25am On Dec 01, 2015
maga1:

Thanks for us concern...I did complain immediately to the FBN customer care and a complaint case opened. I'm waiting to hear from them soon

Remember to follow up, they'll let u know if the money has left the destination account, in which case it is lost, if it hasn't then there's still hope

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army (james Bond Style) / N33 Nitric Oxide Yogurt Makes An Excellent Addition / Update From MMM Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.