Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,597 members, 7,958,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:57 AM

When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? (4245 Views)

Blogger Replies Trace Urban, Mocks Loyal Nigerian Artistes. / Artistes' And Their Stage-names ! / Nigerian Artistes And Poor Live Performances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by MojiEsther(f): 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2009
Ifa Baba, you dey vex o.

@ Topic,

God bless poster. Amen!

Ain't you guyz missing something?
How about the noise they make on stage. The "hey yo hey yo" and "Mr D.J, "(10ce) sounds they make. And then bouncing round the stage with their home boyz or back ups (who make more noise into the mic) , trousers placed on knees.
Mr D. J finally finds the C.D, Artiste screams into mic ( crowd screams too);
Artiste losses voice on second line, and then uses scope to jump into the crowd in order to avoid singing into the mic,
At this point, i just tune off my T.V and make use of my DVD. Ish,
Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by mustafar1: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2009
an artiste that cant perform live is not worth my 2 cents. if u in the NY area and want to enjoy some free live music this summer, e.g. femi kuti, asa, king sunny ade. let me know i'll give u the info on date and venue. you can thank me afterwards
Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by opensesame: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2009
MojiEsther:

@ Topic,
God bless poster. Amen!
Amen ooo. wink

MojiEsther:

Ain't you guyz missing something?
How about the noise they make on stage. The "hey yo hey yo" and "Mr D.J, "(10ce) sounds they make. And then bouncing round the stage with their home boyz or back ups (who make more noise into the mic) , trousers placed on knees.
Mr D. J finally finds the C.D, Artiste screams into mic ( crowd screams too);
Artiste losses voice on second line, and then uses scope to jump into the crowd in order to avoid singing into the mic,
At this point, i just tune off my T.V and make use of my DVD. Ish,
grin grin grin This got me ROLLING ON THE FLOOR. Moji, you're so funny.
Permit me to add the 'wave ur hands in the air' stunt. grin
Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by Bamsyle(m): 10:08am On Jun 10, 2009
opensesame:

Permit me to add the 'wave ur hands in the air' stunt. grin

And some poor but gullible folks would wave those hands until they become sore and stiff.
Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by opensesame: 11:13am On Jun 10, 2009
Okay, I think I would like to state here that as much as a lot rests on the artiste to give a brilliant performance, most organizers of shows are also guilty. You find that they just dont put in anything into preparations. What with their crappy stages, horrble sound, poor lightning, zero creativity. . . all they are interested in is making money!  angry
So, as much as the onus lies on the artiste to make the best of a bad situation (or at least not make it worse), those organizers need to get their acts right!

PS. I've seen some MI shows and I have to commend him for not joinin the group of losers (lip-synchers). I dont kno about his stage presence though, but I notice he always has his instrumentals playing (and in some cases, plus the vocals of the featured artistes). Also he has mixes of his songs, which is a good thing. Not sayin he's perfect, but in this area, big ups to him!

@Bamsyle. . u crack me up dude!
Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by origina9ja(f): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2009
@mojiesther
are you in Abuja (Nigeria)
Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by MojiEsther(f): 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2009
origina9ja:

@mojiesther
are you in Abuja (Nigeria)

You are off topic. Abuja - Nope. Nigeria - Yes. Why?
Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by MojiEsther(f): 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2009
Bamsyle:

And some poor but gullible folks would wave those hands until they become sore and stiff.

grin.
Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by shilling(f): 9:09am On Jun 15, 2009
@ opensesame
the 'wave ur hands in the air' stunt. lol
Re: When Will Nigerian Artistes Improve Their Stage Performances? by VeritasInV: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2009
never because they are for the most part unoriginal copycats who copy anything the idiots in amerika do .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wats It With Adele's Song Hello Sef?.. / 10 Mistakes Upcoming Artistes usually make. (real Facts) / Download Music: Mr. Benz – Overdose (prod. By Jehu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.