Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,768 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! (1232 Views)

Landlord To Evict Lai Mohammed's Ministry In Abia For Failure To Pay Rent / Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Eaglets Victory Bold Response To Buhari Failure To Acknowledge Youths Potentials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by tonychristopher: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2015
As I type this, globally leaders have assembled in Paris France to talk on climate change and might ratify Kyoto aggrement. What is the implications of this ? It’s simply that it is not going to be the same and also means that revenue of oil producing countries will be slashed by let’s say 50%

When countries like China , USA and EU countries gathers to take decision then African countries have no choice than to catch flu when these countries cough. Dont forget the Basel treaty for those of us that are not suffering from collective amnesia. The truth of the matter is that fossil fuel which our darling crude oil and our dumped coal is among ...making love to then or do I say using these sorts of fuel is no more fashionable in short too much using these fossil fuel is termed barbaric. Ask China and India the kind of chastisement the suffered before they are forced to conform... Especially China. Today Beijing is one of the most populated city with terrible air quality.

Where do Nigeria fit in the scheme of things ? Definitely not in the global decision making apparatus because we lack the finese to talk about environment. People are still hungry and when I mean people I mean majority of Nigerians are basically under £2 per day so environmental awareness is not primary but how to feed.

Next is that our oil or that crude oil is no more important . yes, it isn’t vital for natural growth. If you doubt this ask the guy in osun state. The government said categorically that the funds coming to that said state can’t pay electricity bill. Now this is bad but wait we have to brace up for the baddest as American will say. If Osun can cry like this what about zamfara.

The honest truth is that oil is dwindling due to many factors like :

1. The world today are becoming aware of environmentally impact of fossil fuel. We don’t want to die because of bad environment so people are avoiding what will polute the environment . the environment is fragile and we have to learn to leave in tune with her.
2. Today cars are not sold by how fast or beautiful the car is but how fuel and energy efficient the car is. God help you if you try to short cut this in Europe . if your still in doubt ask the volks wagen group what they saw when they discovered that there cars were not environmentally friendly. So today cars consume less fuel and this translate to less income for countries like Nigeria. No amount of brain storming session that OPEC session will have that will salvage it.

3. The killer of all is knowledge , ICT and information has virtually messed oil up. With automation and software upgrades cars are becoming hybrid where there are so lots of apps that will switch from electric mode to engine mode. Who wants to pay the post man to deliver a letter or document to point a where he can just scan and send . you see the carbon footprint has been reduced and people are buying less

4. Knowledge has seen countries like China investing heaving in renewable energy . Today china who used to one of our oil customers has one of the biggest solar farms in the world located at the Tibet region. This farm generate tons and tons of electricity which would have been power by oil ab initio but powered by sun. Though a bit pricey but environmentally friendly

5. Almost every country in Africa is oil producing and some called OPEC bluffs. So no more or little price manipulation. This is the simple laws of demand and supply . when a product is much in the market the price will definitely crash. No amount of law enacted by petroluem politicing will help here . countries must sell so keep your OPEC to yourself please.

6. Shale crude .l am worried if you are not. This was a master stroke that America dealt on us the so called oil countries . America ain’t buying , USA ain’t gonna buy ..the got shale bro ...they can even hit the lab and find ways to synthesis your damn crude

If you are seeing what I am seeing ...it looks bleaks for Nigeria unless we start thinking but how can we think were we have people that are more interested in politics than economy. The earlier we start investing in human capacity and ICT the better for us all. Failure to do this will see us in 20th century economy which we are still in.
Why do we want to spend so much on politics where that can be used in research and development , why do we put square pegs in round holes when we have the opportunity of taping from our global renowned scientist like umunna, emeagwali et al.

This is not about APC or PDP. This is about our future , this is about posterity. Failure to do this might have a devastating effect on our collective psyche on, economy and politics . who knows if we do not start doing the right things at the right time we might one day in future point to an old map to our kids and say ..here used to be a country that was called Nigeria

happy Christmas in advance and good morning

3 Likes

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by henriettanenye(f): 7:56am On Dec 01, 2015
well said
Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by BlackTechnology: 7:59am On Dec 01, 2015
cool I wonder if the North will still shout One Nigeria grin

3 Likes

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by talktonase(m): 8:00am On Dec 01, 2015
I am sorry to say but nigeria has no future...Cant wait for the new world order to be fully iimplemented soo that christ will come and take me home and end all this pain and suffering...i don tire

1 Like

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by tonychristopher: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2015
talktonase:
I am sorry to say but nigeria has no future...Cant wait for the new world order to be fully iimplemented soo that christ will come and take me home and end all this pain and suffering...i don tire

Lol ..this is a religious undertone ... I am worried here on earth and I am worried about my soul also

Wanna make heaven
Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2015
Everything you say is fact but will Nigerians listen? History has thought us Nigeria has a government (and people) who are reactive not proactive. Not till the dooms day comes will we realise how stupid we were for running a mono-economy and letting all our other industries decay as a result. But then again maybe this is a blessing in disguise for Nigeria and especially pro-Biafra activists. This our (forced) unity is entirely based on oil proceeds. As the region's without oil do everything to keep the country together so they can continue to reap the benefits despite the fact that the major tribes in Nigeria really detest each other. I have always predicted that once Nigeria's oil dries up or losses it's value, the country will naturally split up without any fight or protest. Then all tribes can focus on developing their own regions economy based on their individual resources, talents and abilities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by godofwar666(m): 8:09am On Dec 01, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by buhahaha: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2015
Nigeria need brains in this country,we need educated and informed entities and none is in Daura..They thought fighting corruption is a strategy..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by cmart09(m): 9:08am On Dec 01, 2015
It's not just Nigeria, the world's poverty level will hit the ceiling, and Nigeria will be on the roof.

2 Likes

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by dialfa: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2015
tonychristopher:

who knows if we do not start doing the right things at the right time we might one day in future point to an old map to our kids and say ..here used to be a country that was called Nigeria

The day I will say the bolded to my children will be the happiest day of my life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by Super1759: 9:28am On Dec 01, 2015
Only of that Dura man will listen to this. What can we do to savage this naa?

1 Like

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by talktonase(m): 9:38am On Dec 01, 2015
tonychristopher:

Lol ..this is a religious undertone ... I am worried here on earth and I am worried about my soul also

Wanna make heaven
You need no worries when you have JC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by myola(m): 10:12am On Dec 01, 2015
tonychristopher:
As I type this, globally leaders have assembled in Paris France to talk on climate change and might ratify Kyoto aggrement. What is the implications of this ? It’s simply that it is not going to be the same and also means that revenue of oil producing countries will be slashed by let’s say 50%

When countries like China , USA and EU countries gathers to take decision then African countries have no choice than to catch flu when these countries cough. Dont forget the Basel treaty for those of us that are not suffering from collective amnesia. The truth of the matter is that fossil fuel which our darling crude oil and our dumped coal is among ...making love to then or do I say using these sorts of fuel is no more fashionable in short too much using these fossil fuel is termed barbaric. Ask China and India the kind of chastisement the suffered before they are forced to conform... Especially China. Today Beijing is one of the most populated city with terrible air quality.

Where do Nigeria fit in the scheme of things ? Definitely not in the global decision making apparatus because we lack the finese to talk about environment. People are still hungry and when I mean people I mean majority of Nigerians are basically under £2 per day so environmental awareness is not primary but how to feed.

Next is that our oil or that crude oil is no more important . yes, it isn’t vital for natural growth. If you doubt this ask the guy in osun state. The government said categorically that the funds coming to that said state can’t pay electricity bill. Now this is bad but wait we have to brace up for the baddest as American will say. If Osun can cry like this what about zamfara.

The honest truth is that oil is dwindling due to many factors like :

1. The world today are becoming aware of environmentally impact of fossil fuel. We don’t want to die because of bad environment so people are avoiding what will polute the environment . the environment is fragile and we have to learn to leave in tune with her.
2. Today cars are not sold by how fast or beautiful the car is but how fuel and energy efficient the car is. God help you if you try to short cut this in Europe . if your still in doubt ask the volks wagen group what they saw when they discovered that there cars were not environmentally friendly. So today cars consume less fuel and this translate to less income for countries like Nigeria. No amount of brain storming session that OPEC session will have that will salvage it.

3. The killer of all is knowledge , ICT and information has virtually messed oil up. With automation and software upgrades cars are becoming hybrid where there are so lots of apps that will switch from electric mode to engine mode. Who wants to pay the post man to deliver a letter or document to point a where he can just scan and send . you see the carbon footprint has been reduced and people are buying less

4. Knowledge has seen countries like China investing heaving in renewable energy . Today china who used to one of our oil customers has one of the biggest solar farms in the world located at the Tibet region. This farm generate tons and tons of electricity which would have been power by oil ab initio but powered by sun. Though a bit pricey but environmentally friendly

5. Almost every country in Africa is oil producing and some called OPEC bluffs. So no more or little price manipulation. This is the simple laws of demand and supply . when a product is much in the market the price will definitely crash. No amount of law enacted by petroluem politicing will help here . countries must sell so keep your OPEC to yourself please.

6. Shale crude .l am worried if you are not. This was a master stroke that America dealt on us the so called oil countries . America ain’t buying , USA ain’t gonna buy ..the got shale bro ...they can even hit the lab and find ways to synthesis your damn crude

If you are seeing what I am seeing ...it looks bleaks for Nigeria unless we start thinking but how can we think were we have people that are more interested in politics than economy. The earlier we start investing in human capacity and ICT the better for us all. Failure to do this will see us in 20th century economy which we are still in.
Why do we want to spend so much on politics where that can be used in research and development , why do we put square pegs in round holes when we have the opportunity of taping from our global renowned scientist like umunna, emeagwali et al.

This is not about APC or PDP. This is about our future , this is about posterity. Failure to do this might have a devastating effect on our collective psyche on, economy and politics . who knows if we do not start doing the right things at the right time we might one day in future point to an old map to our kids and say ..here used to be a country that was called Nigeria

happy Christmas in advance and good morning
intelligent post, may I get your permission to share with my whatsapp group?
Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by Omololu007(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2015
cmart09:
It's not just Nigeria, the world's poverty level will hit the ceiling, and Nigeria will be on the roof.
grin
Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by myola(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2015
we don't get our priority right in ds part of d world, climate change ia d least of our problems here, despict lack of support from our government and climate change, our farmers are still producing products that we dont make provission for storage for future. oyinbo are just using our head, its them that climate issue affected most
Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by tonychristopher: 11:10am On Dec 01, 2015
myola:
we don't get our priority right in ds part of d world, climate change ia d least of our problems here, despict lack of support from our government and climate change, our farmers are still producing products that we dont make provission for storage for future. oyinbo are just using our head, its them that climate issue affected most

But people are not buying your fuel. Nigerian oil has been on high seas for weeks now yet no buyer . we are taking about 300k barrels and it is not affecting you . the Sahara desert is encroaching and making the Fulani to move down south for pasture and they kill indigenes yet it is not affecting you ..by now we should be having harmattan but what do you have today ..its heat and humidity ..yet it is not affecting you

Now why do you buy Japanese ..that's if you drive ..yet it is not affecting you

Oyibo is not using our head ..we are using our brains at least please use yours

Thanks
Re: Failure To Do This Will Be Devastating For Nigeria ! by tonychristopher: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2015
myola:

intelligent post, may I get your permission to share with my whatsapp group?

Very free bro

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is Ranked The World’s 10th Richest Terrorist Organization / $2bn Arms Deal: FG Slams 6-count Money Laundering Charge Against Dokpesi / Nnamdi Kanu Sponsoring Terrorism Against Nigeria – DSS Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.