Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn (17508 Views)

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Nellybii: 10:46am On Dec 01, 2015
slap1:
The president who knows nothing about subsidy is increasing subsidy.

So president now controls the Senate abi?
Please stop displaying your illiteracy here.
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by gurunlocker: 10:48am On Dec 01, 2015
Vig86:

I think it is high time you learnt how to make a complete sentence without GEJ's name. READ THE ARTICLE, THEY DID NOT SAY MAY OR JANUARY. THEY SAID OCTOBER THROUGH DECEMBER.
Criticisms are meant for readers not hearsay

The N413 billion allocated to fuel subsidy claims covered the period from January to September. With the extra N108 billion, the supplementary budget before the National Assembly now stands at N573 billion.
The decision leading to the increased budget followed the discovery by the Senate Committee on
Appropriation that the subsidy captured in the budget was only for the period January to September 2015.

did you read that part?

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by anonimi: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 01, 2015
gurunlocker:

The N413 billion allocated to fuel subsidy claims covered the period from January to September. With the extra N108 billion, the supplementary budget before the National Assembly now stands at N573 billion.
The decision leading to the increased budget followed the discovery by the Senate Committee on
Appropriation that the subsidy captured in the budget was only for the period January to September 2015.

did you read that part?

I did, January to september. Remaining October, November and december. But you question Gej for not being able to pay January through May, which was hand over. You were trying to exonerate Buhari from the subsidy Web. Read your previous comment and you will understand why I quoted you in the first place.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by anonimi: 11:02am On Dec 01, 2015
Nellybii:
So president now controls the Senate abi?
Please stop displaying your illiteracy here.

I thought Buhari sent the Supplementary Budget to REQUEST for the subsidy payment, not so
Did I miss something?
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Lothbrok(m): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2015
Just peeping. . . !
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:06am On Dec 01, 2015
jusRadical:

Why should the senate?

Because it is controlled by the apc. Are they no longer the majority? Remember OANDO?
The cabals are in war with the masses

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by anonimi: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2015
greatiyk4u:
Buhari truly has a lot of job 2 do in this country........just imagine the extent of rot in the system

I strongly believe in his integrity#

I am really sorry for you, walahi.
Integrity ko, idiot ni.
A man who TALKED that he knows NOTHING about subsidies is still paying after six months in power yet you claim he has integrity.
Does integrity have a DIFFERENT meaning to you ni

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3075523_bubu_jpeg548c6e11ce99a7bdf3febf4edabed9ea

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3075524_bubu1_jpeg88275f10f2430d13576e18436b244ea1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:23am On Dec 01, 2015
Keneking:
Good job by PMB

"Appropriation that the subsidy captured in the budget was only for the period January to September 2015". Why did Jonathan not pay the subsidy between January 1, 2015 - May 29, 2015 angry angry angry
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by anonimi: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The cabals are in war with the masses

.....but the masses are so fcvked up with FREEBIES mentality that we do not realize how much we have been taken for a ride embarassed
Instead of LICENSING private investors to buy & refine our crude oil for sale of fuel in a competitive environment leading to LOWER prices after the initial hike and suffering, we opted to PAY unsustainable subsidies to IMPORTERS!
Who does that, except 200 million mumus?
Who does that
Why will anyone who is sane pay for something when he can be PAID for the opportunity to do business with him?
Why
Jonathan understood the fundamental issues and also rallied endorsement of all 36 governors within FIVE months of being sworn in as elected president. Yet we the mumus called him clueless.
What IRONY
Again, the hero of our democracy and socio-economic TRANSFORMER of our nation is justified.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606894_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011a_jpeg6748eb4f9a141d76e28ef74b183cd193

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606895_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011b_jpeg5c37e0f0eb35bb083e30b935969cd3c6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606941_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011d_jpegc347aadcc28645a881c11e877b19ae27

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606990_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011e_jpeg2d047f51864fc24cb61a9a670137e201

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Jesusloveyou: 11:38am On Dec 01, 2015
noblezone:
Buhari is a scam!
Buhari na thief.
There is nothing like subsidy.

We need change.

Emm, Ebuka!
A beg come check this my comment,
Does it look like a "progressive" comment?
as u can see from d report, that out of d 413b subsidy claims from 2014 to Sept 2015, we did not accumulate upto 3b naira from June to Sept, in view of all dis subsidy claims, u can see that d problem of fuel scarcity was cause by ur clueless corrupt ogogoro hero, u can also see that buhari does not believe in subsidy scan claims

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Alchemist25(m): 11:40am On Dec 01, 2015
noblezone:
Buhari is a scam!
Buhari na thief.
There is nothing like subsidy.

We need change.
Your very stupid, is he the one that says so or the national Assembly?

Emm, Ebuka!
A beg come check this my comment,
Does it look like a "progressive" comment?
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Royals1st: 11:41am On Dec 01, 2015
This the best news i have ever read this year
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by gurunlocker: 11:41am On Dec 01, 2015
Vig86:

I did, January to september. Remaining October, November and december. But you question Gej for not being able to pay January through May, which was hand over. You were trying to exonerate Buhari from the subsidy Web. Read your previous comment and you will understand why I quoted you in the first place.

oh no! that means you didn't read my first post properly.... I said its not possible for GEJ not to have paid for subsidy btw Jan n may..... we are saying same thing

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by baralatie(m): 11:43am On Dec 01, 2015
Keneking:
Good job by PMB

"Appropriation that the subsidy captured in the budget was only for the period January to September 2015".
Why did Jonathan not pay the subsidy between January 1, 2015 - May 29, 2015 angry angry angry

The 2015 budget was not supposed to be paying for subsidy.
It was a zero subsidy budget
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 01, 2015
baralatie:

The 2015 budget was not supposed to be paying for subsidy.
It was a zero subsidy budget

Nonsense shocked
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by baralatie(m): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2015
Keneking:

Nonsense shocked
Yes as a result of subsidy payments the budget was taking a pounding!
LuckIly it is not a time where the cost is high,it would have been a torn in the budget(although the high prices will marginally be available for transactions)
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2015
gurunlocker:

oh no! that means you didn't read my first post properly.... I said its not possible for GEJ not to have paid for subsidy btw Jan n may..... we are saying same thing
May be I did it get you. It is now up to APC
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by nigerianvenom(m): 11:54am On Dec 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Nonsense! Why should we be paying over N800 billion a year to feed the marketers when they will end up selling the product at prices higher than the subsidised rate of N87 per liter? These men are defrauding Nigerians heavily. The open market price is N95-N100 per litre. Let's end the subsidy!

But why should Senate increase the money? What is their business? What is their interest that we don't know?

Ill neve support subsidy coming to an end, never.
Maybe because im bin partisan. Whem GEJ wanted removing subsidy, our "wise" political elite Campaign against it and grounded d then government for their selfish interest.
Let them not end it. Let all of us suffer for nigeria
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by greatiyk4u(m): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=anonimi post=40574116]

I am really sorry for you, walahi.
Integrity ko, idiot ni.
A man who TALKED that he knows NOTHING about subsidies is still paying after six months in power yet you claim he has integrity.
Does integrity have a DIFFERENT meaning to you ni

Since govt is a continuum, I tink it will be undemocratic 4 PMB 2 abandon the piles of debt accumulated by ur HERO in d name of subsidy budget.........can't u see how the oil marketers re holding Nigeria 2 a ransom cos of subsidy debt, a shaddy deal dat was allowed by a man who promised free air 2 Nigerinas?
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by baralatie(m): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2015
nigerianvenom:

Ill neve support subsidy coming to an end, never.
Maybe because im bin partisan. Whem GEJ wanted removing subsidy, our "wise" political elite Campaign against it and grounded d then government for their selfish interest.
Let them not end it. Let all of us suffer for nigeria
The subsidy issue is now more complicated ooo
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by anonimi: 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
baralatie:

It was not and is now not complicated.
The only complication is we, the 200 million mumus who cannot see beyond our immediate desire for FREEBIES forever instead of paying higher prices for a short period before COMPETITION forces private investors to slash it.
Was that not what Glo did with per second billing for mobile telephone a few years back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by baralatie(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
anonimi:

It was not and is now not complicated.
The only complication is we, the 200 million mumus who cannot see beyond our immediate desire for FREEBIES forever instead of paying higher prices for a short period before COMPETITION forces private investors to slash it.
Was that not what Glo did with per second billing for mobile telephone a few years back
The only possible refinery available or alleged to be available is the one by dangote every other refinery is shut down.
Can you see the complication?
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by anonimi: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
baralatie:
The only possible refinery available or alleged to be available is the one by dangote every other refinery is shut down.
Can you see the complication?

Again, there is no complication.
The FGN will issue licenses to importers after they have PAID for them and they will still pay TAXES on their profits oh.
These importers can freely bring fuel in line with the established standards of the regulatory body just like NCC. Their license conditions will include reduced taxes, for X period if they set up refineries here by a certain date.
Not so complicated if one is ready for the INITIAL sacrifice.
The question is are we ready

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by persius555(m): 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Nonsense! Why should we be paying over N800 billion a year to feed the marketers when they will end up selling the product at prices higher than the subsidised rate of N87 per liter? These men are defrauding Nigerians heavily. The open market price is N95-N100 per litre. Let's end the subsidy!

But why should Senate increase the money? What is their business? What is their interest that we don't know?
Exactly, my position too. End subsidy and issue licenses to modular refineries. How long is our economy going to be enslaved by these subsidy masters.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
Exploit200:

Bros. this is a government full of disgruntled beings
So many crooks in the system.
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Image123(m): 6:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
AwiLand:
In BaBa's Voice : " But I dont know what is SUBSIDY...baba one chance undecided

There has always been subsidy since the 80s. It is the way the past government shrouded it in secrecy and termed it CABALS that had everyone not in government wondering what the subsidy arrangement was all about, coupled with the fact rhat the amount in the budget skyrocketted during the GEJ era. So, Buhari had to get into government and see the prevalent terms and conditions before answering questions fully on what to do with subsidy.
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Image123(m): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
PAINGAIN:
and there it is! Continue blaming jonathan while the person who is ur president is busy junketing

Hope you can see that it is the Senate that has been delaying payment of the subsidy claims by the marketers? Buhari has sent this supplementary budget over two weeks, today they are looking at it and saying rubbish. Yet everybody will blame Buhari, not the senate, not GEJ. Buhari has approved for the debts to be paid 2weeks ago, Senate is busy asking whether to summon Buhari or whether budget money is enough.
Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by Image123(m): 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
But i thought Mr Buhari said SUBSIDY IS A SCAM.

"Integrity" my foot.
Change my foot.

The subsidy ARRANGEMENT under GEJ was a scam, a huge corrupt thievery scam. The contracts have to be renegotiated legally. These are contracts and agreement, we are not in military era where one person can just make decision and go. Signed agreements have to be honored until they can be changed, that is ongoing.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by nigerianvenom(m): 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
baralatie:

It has always been complicated. But the myopic opposition as at then politicised it and made the then government looked evil but now it has dawn on them that Nigeria cant sustain subsidy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn by anonimi: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
Image123:
Hope you can see that it is the Senate that has been delaying payment of the subsidy claims by the marketers? Buhari has sent this supplementary budget over two weeks, today they are looking at it and saying rubbish. Yet everybody will blame Buhari, not the senate, not GEJ. Buhari has approved for the debts to be paid 2weeks ago, Senate is busy asking whether to summon Buhari or whether budget money is enough.

Are you sure or was two weeks ago and not two weeks after May 29?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528926_tmp61502528872facebook20150617191930jpeg832844a84aa3478c63eaeb9b81c3671b685598635_jpeg_jpeg01c8bb4f9409f5e9a6135536a34012a7

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FFK Blasts Yahaya Bello Over Herdsmen Killing Of 25 People In Kogi / Omo-agege's Suspension And The Need For Sanctity In The Red Chamber / Usman Yusuf Refuses To Return 5 Cars After Sack As NHIS Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.